Asus Zenfone 5 ZE620KL

Asus Zenfone 5 ZE620KL

• SatisfiedHokkaido

I've had this phone for the last 8 months. I had to replace my Nexus 6P (which, as everyone's aware, comes with a whole host of questionable problems). While this phone isn't quite as responsive and it doesn't have the same solid feel to it - the Z5 is a quality everyday phone. The battery keeps up for the whole day (and for hours even when playing Ingress, screen active and high GPS quality). It charges quickly. Comes with good stock software (especially for clearing memory). The option to either put a second sim or an SD card is great for flexibility. The camera is of good quality and takes good photos (but struggles a bit with macro shots a little). All in all, it's a well rounded phone for its price range, but a little on the high side and would be perfectly priced at 15-20% less.
(My standard use: Geo-tagging games, video/music, photography, casual games, work-related apps and messaging, with an array of other app use. Typically the phone gets 5+ hours of use per day).

Water-resistant means you can use it in the rain for a few seconds, you can splash it and shake it off, drop it in a puddle and yoink it out within a second or two. Submerging it in water to let it sit for 5 *minutes* and it surviving means it's water*proof*. There's a significant difference. Sounds to me like deliberate sabotage to bilk a free upgrade. If I were a tech, I wouldn't replace that phone either.

Can Zenfone 5 upgrade to ZenUi 6?

AussieBob, 06 May 2019This phone is definitely not water resistant AT ALL. It's ... moreBeing water resistant is different from being water proof tho. LMAO

• Raz

AussieBob, 06 May 2019This phone is definitely not water resistant AT ALL. It's ... moreiirc no company would warranty water damaged phones. even ones with official ip rating

• AussieBob

This phone is definitely not water resistant AT ALL. It's not IP67 or IP68 rated and doesn't even deserve to be considered water resistant. Complete loss - ASUS refused to warranty or repair. It was only 30cm deep for 5 minutes. $500 gone!!! It was an alright phone until that happened, but the LCD display was a disappointment and camera speed wasn't as fast or responsive as I had hoped for a brand new model.

And another disclaimer... ASUS phones are not warrantied in Australia and dealing with foreign sellers is a nightmare when trying to get these repaired. ASUS Australia are utterly useless and unwilling to even look at their own phones. ASUS abroad are very difficult to deal with. This was my 3rd Zenfone, but I'm finally pulling the plug.

King, 28 Jan 2019To those who uses their Zenfone 5 without a screen protecto... moreFor a few months I had no screen protector and no case. The phone was slippery and I dropped it too often. I have two scratches that are very visible when the screen is off, but not visible when the screen is on. I got a case and have not dropped or scratched the screen since. The case also keeps the face of the phone off the table about 2mm if you put it face down.

Anonymous, 14 Jan 2019Hi guys! For about 2 months now, my zenfone 5 is chargin... moreYes - it seems the actual cord (not the charger) can be responsible for slow charging. I have a Zenfone 4 max. I lost my cord but still had original charger. It would not fully charge in 8 hours. I tried many cords, most didn't charge quickly but then found that a BlackBerry cord allows my phone to charge as fast as the original cord. This cord works with the charger, as well as other USB chargers (and car charger) that I have tried.

Someone once said it's the cord length that matters. I found that's not true. I tried short cords that didn't work. The blackberry cord is about 4 feet in length.

• brocode

Glycocalyx, 28 Feb 2019I am also confused between the two..pick zenfone. nokia camera sucks

• Marco

Curiosity, 24 Apr 2019How's the charging speed? How long does it takes to fully c... moreit's about 1 hour 25 min

• Curiosity

Diceflix, 24 Apr 2019I easiliy get 5-6 hrs SOT everydayHow's the charging speed? How long does it takes to fully charged?

• Diceflix

Will this device get Android Q later on?

• Diceflix

Curiosity, 22 Apr 2019May I know how many hours of SOT u guys get out of this phone? I easiliy get 5-6 hrs SOT everyday

• Curiosity

May I know how many hours of SOT u guys get out of this phone?

• DeeLight

Nigel, 31 Mar 2019After an update on my phone, the sim card slot could detect... moreTry someone else's Sim. Maybe your Sim is faulty.

• Nigel

After an update on my phone, the sim card slot could detect my sim. We (a tech from asus chat support) we tried all possile troubleshooting but we are still unable to fix it. Any advice?

• Ranz

Anonymous, 14 Mar 2019Not a bad phone, actually a pretty good one. But there are ... moreLike what

• Lew

Anonymous, 12 Feb 2019Yeah services irritatingly from asus, except that all good ... moreTry buy another fast charging cable ,some could support. And press clean ram (I'm using Chinese version don't know what's the name in English ,but it's a icon one press to clear ram)it always fast charge after I pressed that. Also beware don't use any anti-virus (especially Kingston anti-virus),keyboard apps from China somehow they consumed more ram and CPU power in Taiwan based tech items. I uninstalled all of it everything is fine again

• Dio

I cant charge my phone while turns off. Led notification isnt turn on too, what should i do? Many thanks.

Not a bad phone, actually a pretty good one. But there are better deals out there if price plays a role for you.