Asus Zenfone 6 A601CG (2014)

Asus Zenfone 6 A601CG (2014)

• Nikhil

rich, 06 Jan 2016what is fota? firmware Over-the-air.

• A Zenfone 6 user

I have this device for almost 2 years now but I'm planning to get a new phone. This is my review and I'll only list the cons. Please note that I'm using the latest firmware as I wrote this, and I've used custom ROMs for this phone.

- Less custom ROM but most of it are for Zenfone 5 but it's 90% compatible with Zenfone 6. Only some custom ROM are available (Resurrection Remix & CyanogenMod) but I think their development has stopped. Source code is not provided by Asus which makes custom ROM unstable.

- Camera quality is 6/10 because of the blurry photos. Great for outdoor but bad for indoor. You'll need more light to make your pictures high quality.

- Performance is 6/10 and can run most games but don't expect smooth gameplay on demanding games. This device has Intel CPU which makes not all games/apps are available. Remember that don't buy a phone with Intel CPU.

- Battery life is 5/10 probably because I've flashed this devices many times and that might affect the phone. It can last for 1 day if you just use it for calling and texting. However, it'll only last for few hours during constant usage (gaming, watch videos, browsing, etc).

- This phone don't have 4G. Technology keeps evolving and not having 4G nowadays will only slows you down.

If you're reading this on 2017+ then I do not recommend this phone since there are better phones out there. This phone is only good as your secondary phone. Well maybe I missed some points but that's all I have to say. Have a nice day.

• Mamena

I have problem downloading voice message, otherwise it is nice

• sdu

any problem on this phone.. I want buy...

• Toddza_88

Snapchat filters come with the Snapchat not the phone

• Juno

Hai im having zenfone 6 (z002)
I want to know that whether my mobile have lolipop update

does this model come with snapchat effects?

does this model come with snapchat effects?

• rich

GODWIN, 27 Mar 2015I m looking 2 buy a smart phone. there is zenfone 6 or 5 o... moreGo for zenfone 2 (Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL)
superb

what is fota?

How to root this device Asus Zenfone 6

SHIVA, 29 Nov 2015My mob is ASUS Zenfone 6 16 gb internal, expandable to 64 g... moreHey Guys same question, which microsd card is the best for asus zenfone 6 lollipop? Sandisk 64GB sdhc class 10 or Sandisk 64GB sdxc class 10. I am afraid for compatibility issues between SDHC and SDXC for this phone. What's your opinions? Thanks

Hey Guys, which microsd card is the best for asus zenfone 6 lollipop? Sandisk 64GB sdhc class 10 or Sandisk 64GB sdxc class 10. I am afraid for compatibility issues between SDHC and SDXC for this phone. What's your opinions? Thanks

Shimanto, 10 Sep 2015Hello guys, i have upgraded my Zenfone6 to Lollipop, I didn... moreTry adb sideloading your Firmware using cmd in your PC, just search google for that. I can send you link just post your email add

• SHIVA

My mob is ASUS Zenfone 6 16 gb internal, expandable to 64 gb
My question is will support 64 gb memroy cards

• Kk

Anonymous, 18 Jun 2015If there say can upgrade to lolipop...why my zenfone 6 stil... moreYou could update to Lollipop through manual update.Download the firmware from Support Center and copy into your phone.It requires PC.

if you expand he network tab at the top it only lists 2G and 3G. Disappointed, great phone otherwise.

• Ken

Does it support 4G?

• Kuyumad

Alas, 12 Sep 2015Can we change the theme ? Just like Asus zenfone 2?Yes you can change the themes of your zenfone 6. Try updating to lollipop with build number WW_3.24.40.78_20151001. It's the latest firmware available for zenfone 6. It took my phone around 30 mins to update but very worth it. Another noticable change is the much better power saver option.

Zenfone 6 A601CG, Zenfone 2 Z551ML, Wich is the best to buy ? thk-u