BlackBerry Bold 9780

BlackBerry Bold 9780

AnonD-654594, 21 Mar 2017I brought home december 2010 I used it until february 2017 ... moreCan i buy this mobile for Rs1000? Any problems arised for u as u have benn using it for 7 years.How is the built quality,camera performace,the menu ball,call volumes and other ringtone volumes,battery backup..I want your opinion based on your 7 years usage..Thank You

• rick

I brought home december 2010 I used it until february 2017 I love it so much

• SophieeeLouise

I had this phone for about 2/3 years and it was pretty incredible, I loved it. Unfortunately though, it white screened on me and its not worked since. Which is a shame as it was probably my favourite phone!

• gottogetout

Hello
I am desperate to get a smartphone which doesn’t give me pains. I am suffering from kind of unexplainable electro-sensitiveness. The DAS amount doesn’t seem to matter in my case, conversely to the majority of people suffering of electro-sensitiveness. I don't get head aches and serious symptoms like that, fortunately. (for the moment!)
Otherwise I would never plan to use a BB phone! the DAS being very high, as for the Iphones. Most of electro-sensitive people flee BB and Iphones!
The thing, in my case, is that when I touch any smartphone, and even some tablets, it triggers unbearable pains within minutes. The pains last several days. I had to stop then. No choice. I know that it can sounds weird but that’s it.
in my view, it comes from A +B
A = the sensitiveness of my nerves.
B = the electro magnetic fields, which are generated by either the touchscreen, or-and by the numerous antennas (WIFI, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC sometimes!) that we all hold in hour hands, guys, when using a smartphone!

So, I recently had the idea of getting a non-touchscreen phone : I thought about BlackBerry, then.
I thought that a Bold 9870 could be a good idea, even though I am not sure of nothing. Not sure that the Bold 9780 won’t give me pains, but I woudl like to try. I did purchase a brand new one and I’m now waiting for the delivery.

I would like to ask several questions to you:

Will I be able to run Skype, for ex., and other basic nice apps despite of the old OS version, which is 5 or may be 6.

What nasty limitations will I experiment for sure?

Is it possible to upgrade the Bold 9780 system, from 5 to 6, if necessary? We are in December 2016!

I have seen the BB Classic in a store one hour ago: for me it is disappointing, because much too big in my hand. The keyboard didn’t drive me crazy too. But I believe that the Bold 9780 is smaller.I read nice reviews.
It is clearly far much better to use a phone with a touchscreen nowadays, of course, but it is forbidden for me as I explained above.

My goal is not too ambitious: If possible, I would like to use a not too big phone...
- Allowing me to occasionally surf on the Internet via WIFI (OK the screen will be small, I know)
- With a good sound in conversation
- May be some basic good apps.
- To send -receive emails. Gmail and others.
- Have a camera in my pocket, which is much more convenient than to have to get my camera with me. It is too big, fragile and expensive. Even though it is a Sony RX 100 one, it is not useful at all, then most of the time I don’t have the camera with me.

I have never used a BB phone but I know very well computers, and other brands of Phones.

Your advice and ideas will be welcome!
Thanks!

(English not being my native language, I hope I didn't make too many mistakes writing)

Must admit....after five years ownership and over a hundred falls at various heights....this phone continues to impress me.

• Ajith

Please update your BB App

Faizan Qadri, 22 Aug 2016I Cant Install Whatsapp in my blackberry 9870 bold............ moreits possible ....

• Faizan Qadri

I Cant Install Whatsapp in my blackberry 9870 bold...................
How To Solve This Problem???????
Please Help Me......

• Johann

Di, 12 Jun 2016why dos Black Berry stop with messenger, email client and ... moreThe what's app is declined on all blackberrys

• big Meech

Di, 12 Jun 2016why dos Black Berry stop with messenger, email client and ... moreI can't dwnld whatsapp on mine either.

• Di

why dos Black Berry stop with messenger, email client and internet service for the black Berry Bold 9780?? now my phone is useless! are there any options???please help

• Rama

AnonD-519174, 26 Mar 2016how come i cant access "Blackberry App World" and also can... moreMust have BBplan from your provider

• AnonD-519174

how come i cant access "Blackberry App World" and also can't connect to "Blackberry Enterprise Server" for for email? Anyone? Thanks!

Is it possible to use my BOLD 9780 in the USA?

• Serena

gsm, 12 Jan 20161. does VIBER work on this BB9870 ? 2. does WHATSAPP wor... moreViber work, but doesn't have call function (for OS 6, as far as I know OS 5 and 7 support call feature)

another 2 I did not try.

• Tonyellow

Battery don't last long enough

gsm, 12 Jan 20161. does VIBER work on this BB9870 ? 2. does WHATSAPP wor... moreSkype does not work in this cell

• gsm

1. does VIBER work on this BB9870 ?

2. does WHATSAPP work on this BB9870 ?

3. does SKYPE work on this BB9870 ?

• Siva

AnonD-107204, 14 Nov 2015So I recently ordered this phone from ebay as a second phon... moredid you availed blackberry internet service for using whatsapp?