BlackBerry Torch 9800

BlackBerry Torch 9800

• adriaan

where do u get a document editor programm?

• vijay

Jessie, 07 Nov 2010Can someone please explain to me how the internet browser thing ... moreu have to buy/subscribe for bb servives, ask ur service proider abt dis

• JRF

Trekk, 06 Nov 2010For push notification, honestly I can't speak about Twitter beca... moreYeah. Thanks for your help.

how can u install pirated apps in BB.

• Londie

Jessie, 07 Nov 2010Can someone please explain to me how the internet browser thing ... morewith mtn subcribers they have to buy R59 airtime in order to surf internet, it actaully monthly subcription, they call it BIS OR BES

• Jessie

Can someone please explain to me how the internet browser thing works for Blackberry phones? Someone told me you had to either buy the internet thing or use a blackberry sim card / be on a blackberry plan. I'm using an Optus plan sim card for my iPhone and already have internet usage on it each month to use but what if i switch to BB and can't use the net?

Trek, 06 Nov 2010JRF, I read your comment you have some solid points, only thi... moreGod bless you for saying the truth...how can anyone say its faster to type on Iphone as compared to BB..

I am a frequent blackberry user and personally am not a touchscreen kind of buy but I can tell you first hand that this is by far the best blackberry I have ever used. I have the bbworld edition the bb 9000 the pearl the curve and this one takes it. You havu are having trouble decidng between this and the iphone, let me make it easy for you. Getting the torch gives you best of both worlds, both touch and keypad. It is quick no lag great touch and soooo user friendly. Good job on blackberry part!

• Trekk

JRF, 06 Nov 2010I do have a question for you. How's the push service with the iP... moreFor push notification, honestly I can't speak about Twitter because I don't use it. For Facebook the Torch has better push notification for sure, but in the Iphone you have the chat function built in to the Facebook app which I did not have on the Torch. For Emailing I would give the Torch the edge for push notification itís definitely quicker getting emails on the Torch then Iphone, but for opening attachments I would give it to the Iphone the attachments are easier to read and zoom into. The two things that I find on the Torch are much better than the Iphone is "bbm" for sure and instant messaging is a better experience on the Torch. I use MSN Messsenger every day for work, the msn app on the Torch has much better push notifications then the msn app on the Iphone. To have good push notifications on the Iphone for msn messenger you have to go with an app that you have to pay for, which still does not work as good as the instant messaging programs installed in the Torch. For push notifications I would give the edge to the Torch in general, for the experience in general I would give it to the Iphone.

I hope these things help you out

• JRF

Trek, 06 Nov 2010JRF, I read your comment you have some solid points, only thi... moreI do have a question for you. How's the push service with the iP4? I mean in general. Emails, Facebook, Twitter. I think that is one of my favorite things in a mobile phone. Being able to get things seconds after they hit the servers. If the iPhone has decent speeds, I might get one for my prepaid SIM card. I use a CDMA phone but have an unused SIM card. Your info would be very helpful to me.

• JRF

Trek, 06 Nov 2010JRF, I read your comment you have some solid points, only thi... moreTrue that the BlackBerry platform could use some apps like that. And, I guess you're right, I haven't seen many "office" apps because I use an iTouch for play. As for truncated emails, I know there's a limit to the size of attachments, which I haven't had issues with, but I remember reading that a BIS update was going to get rid of that. Hopefully it does soon. BlackBerry 6 may not be RIM's best work, but I'm hoping that they bring out some QNX OS-based phones to compete and stay in the game. With QNX' RIM has a better chance of competing and getting more developers for apps.

• guarav jain

This phone is one of the ahievement by blackberry with using touch interface they have proved they can make best phones with touchscreen and email cababilites

to heavy :|

The white looks totally awesome :)

• javier

is a beautiful phone but the 9700 is much better!!!! i'm just waiting for the 9780 to come out that will be the best phone from blackberry

• Trek

JRF,

I read your comment you have some solid points, only thing is I use to be a blackberry user for approximately 4 years before switching to Iphone. For emailing I have to disagree that the blackberry device is better. I just received attachments that I cant even open with my Torch that I used to be able to open with the Iphone and go through them quite easily. They are statement of accounts that my distributors send me at the end of each month, opening them with the Torch was a serious problem they were extremely unclear and border line unreadable. When went back to my Iphone 4, I opened same email without any issues and the scanned papers were a breeze to read. As much as people think apps are just toys thats because you have yet to use them for work. I have for example a scanning app on my Iphone4 that scanns a specific paper and converts it to a PDF file that I can then email as an attachment, no such thing in the Torch. I can fax documents using my Iphone4 that I can do using my Torch. The apps are not just games they are programs and add- ons that are used to simplify work on the road. Just ask any doctor what phones they use they will all answer Iphones or Androids for the multitude off apps that are medically related. The blackberry is a good phone that is stuck in the year 2000 and has yet to evolve, using my Torch was almost the same experience as using my old Bold. The day they make a device that is accustomed to today's technology I will say Blackberry is the phone to buy.

• JRF

Trekk, 04 Nov 2010I just purchased this phone was using an Iphon4 prior. I serious... moreThe problem isn't the device, it's more of a "BlackBerry isn't for me" issue. You had the iPhone 4 prior. So you were used to the "simple" iOS that Apple used in their devices. Probably even more used to having a large pool of apps. The Torch, while not being the best phone on the market, was made to attract more new users but at the same time giving us BlackBerry users a newer, refreshed OS. BlackBerry 6 is basically OS5 with newer graphics and a newer browser. Yes, iOS and Android are in a different league, but they are also a different market-oriented set of phones. BlackBerry still are messaging devices. Push email, push notifications for social networking, weather and other apps, are BlackBerry. High definition games and apps are Apple and Andoid. But, they aren't for everyone. Apple still doesn't fully multitask, Android has issues and most of them don't work at their fullest unless you root them. Each has their own pros and cons. Just pick what suits your needs.

• Ahsan

Blackberry should come out with something innovative. Torch has serious problems with battery and also with the software. Guys please come out with a revolution rather than adding a product in a long line of products that does nothing different then the previous model please

Anonymous, 05 Nov 2010I'm currently using Bold 9000 and looking for an upgrade. But in... moreI've used both of them.. I prefer onyx 9700.. Trust me.. For me 9700 is like the fusion of iphone and blackberry.. But practically i prefer onyx.. because it'sa really.. really great handheld..