Cat S60

Cat S60

After 3 months it stopped picking up signal unless I'm in the centre of a major city or town. The moment you get 200m out of town no signal. I tried Cat service and was told they don't have any service centres in Australia so return it to where I purchased it, they say it's a Cat Service warranty issue and needs to be dealt with by them.

Y, 11 Nov 2018I have a CAT S60 phone and numerous times while talking, the pho... moreMy father has the exact same problem. We discovered that the drop menu was coming down and turning on 'do not disturb.' to be honest we've had nothing but troubles with the phone since he received it. from the SMS app not working, to it not even ringing when receiving a phone call.

• need help

there's lots of defects with the device. does anyone know if upgrading android fixes these probs?

• Dave

Pawel, 12 Oct 2019Hi, I have S60 for 1 Monty. It is overheating top and gets int... moreI've bought mine and in less than 3 months of use it started to behaves exactly as yours. Same problems.

• Dave

CATS60 user, 30 Aug 2018Do they have plans to update S60 to Nougat? I heard a lot of he... moreExcessive warming up and sudden shuting down, are not expected features for a such "overrated" smart phone. I'm angry and very disappointed with it.

• Levi

Wolf82696, 16 Dec 2019I've had this phone for almost a year now, it's still working pe... moreTrue! a really good phone!

• Dan

Miracast not working

• upgrade android 6

has anyone done an upgrade from android 6 to a newer release using ROMs? i'm thinking of giving that a shot to eliminate problems with the device, but i'm not sure if it's going to keep working properly with FLIR. does anyone have any input on this?

• Jimbo

Anonymous, 03 Apr 2018Hi.my cat s60 drope in water and death..it has happened to me e... moreYea my speaker grill fell of,phone lost everything thing and thought it was new again, also changes settings including going to aeroplane mode all by itself.the only good thing is the flier camera

• some person thingy

Wolf82696, 16 Dec 2019I've had this phone for almost a year now, it's still working pe... morethe phone doesn't because of build quality. it sucks because of a poorly optimized OS that causes black screens during calls, insane battery drains, speakerphone not working properly, lots of random crashing and many other software problems that were never addressed.

• Wolf82696

I've had this phone for almost a year now, it's still working perfectly fine. I don't know why there are so many negative review on the phone. Only thing is the mesh screen on the speaker started to come off on the end, so I put a small amount of super glue and pressed it back on, never had a problem with that again that was 3 months ago. People must be extremely rough on phones, or it just sucks because it's not a mainstream phone, like a Samsung Galaxy or iPhone. Lol nerds.

• Yitzchak

Don't buy CAT phones! They work less than a year in proper condition and they Don't stand behind their warranty! The audio features of my phone stopped working and after consulting with the customer service they have asked me to send it to repair/replacement (said 5-10 working days to be returned). After 11 days, I get an email that it cannot be repaired by the warranty (didn't say why- and the phone is certainly under warranty), they ask for 154 euro to be fixed or 16 Euro to send it back to me!!!!

Hryzec, 11 Nov 2019Got this phone for over a 2-3 years now, first time it ended up ... moreI am in eastern Europe and I have this phone for 3 years with minimal problems. Once the plastic grill of the loudspeaker just fell.

I had also the problem with phonecalls (unable and interrups). The solution is to push
the powerbutton after dialing (the screen goes blank). The call now can be finished.
The same when taking a call, push the powerbutton.

• Hryzec

Got this phone for over a 2-3 years now, first time it ended up in service they claimed it was software issue, second time they actually changed battery and did some hardware work to renew waterproofing. After one month of usage it ended up with with camera screen being all blurry and humid and the software breaking down that phone was not even able to get charged anymore with new battery inside. I am aware these phones are shit but what really makes me stay away from anything that undergoes warranty repairs at this service center is they were actually trying to persuade me there is nothing wrong with their renewal of waterproofing and that the phone is waterproof with the screen all blurry with condensates water. Stay away from CAT phones especially if you are in eastern Europe and your service center is VSP Data. Obviously they will try to blame me that their service lacks some proper expertise. I am afraid that VSP Data has exclusive contract for the most brands sold in the region so there is no easy way to avoid their poor service on top of shitty manufacturing and design of CAT phones and other phone brands in general.

• Andras

It was a big mistake to buy this "phone". The biggest piece of s... I have ever had.
This the third brand new phone during the warranty period and is also junk.
Your problem can be software or battery problem. I had both.
But this time the screen goes black when I start a call and it only comes back when the phone call is finished. So there is no chance for me to call an automated system where I have to chose menu points or finish a phone call if an answering machine goes on or the called person forgets hang up the phone.
No one should leave a feedback when he/she gets the phone right away. We all should do this after a year. In that case not a piece would ever be sold.

• Pawel

I have S60 for 1 Monty. It is overheating top and gets into rebooting loop randomly. Is it software problem ?

• Z

Andrew from Hungary, 16 Jun 2019Absolute garbage. I will never buy anything that is called CAT a... moreAgreed 1000 percent !👍

• Z

Highd, 22 Aug 2019Ive had the s60 for about 10mos now, I am a welder by trade, so ... moreBe sure not to.drop it water after u have dropped it anywhere on land lol reason been wen u dropped it anywhere it will.open up the seems on the phone so wen u drop it water anytime soon boom good bye with ur phone so back up.info don't be like me! Lost all my information 😑

• Z

Waste of money never buy these cat phones they after service is rubbish no support no.help wat so ever once the phone is out of warranty throw it in the bin my s60 fell in to the water not even 200 mm deep I took.it out quickly lcd in it's glory please be sure to back up.ur info regularly or u will pull u hair outa ur head been I great support bye bye cat food!