Dell Streak

Dell Streak

• heavensent

streak is my heaven sent gift.... super love the device! i had this phone about 6 mos ago, back when it was still a donut. i thought then, pretty neat but there was a drag with the menus... few days ago, i came across it once more and for the second time, i had to buy a second color... good battery life and with the upgrade to 2.2 it is now heaven sent... it is the phone that can last me for at least a year... keeping my fingers crosssed :)

Hi, if there is any Malaysian user here, can you please tell me how's the call quality of the phone?

Been read some reviews saying that the call quality on this phone is mediocre and people on the other side may not be able to hear the caller.

But those review were for the Donut 1.6, and no more review on calling quality after Streak is officially Froyo...

As much as I wanted this phone, I won't want a phone that couldn't even produce clear voice conversation. Thanks!!

Having used my streak since november, I am very happy. As with all android official updates, there are many useless bloatware to drain the battery. Most can be turned off. All my friends mocked the size and 1 day battery, but they are always complaining about their i-phones not working. I have had 2 crashes from having too many web tabs open.
The battery is mostly drained due the the large screen on full brightness but this is a small price to pay for full web browsing. Used as a phone, I have had a 4 hour conversation leaving 45% battery, which is better than any phone before.
The size isn't an issue after a few days. No laptop or tablet to carry is fine with me.
Not having the highest screen resolution, fastest processor or best battery life isn't an issue. I would rather see a whole page rather than a tiny, high-res version and scroll around.
I don't like the camera, but then I'm no photographer and the few snaps I've taken have been printed without any issues.
I would like the start-up process to be faster, but it's still faster than turning on a pc.
Using the streak as a phone only, I get 2+ days and with web browsing and video about 30 hours.
Overall, I can't imagine going back to a smaller phone and hope Dell bring out a new version. It would he hard to adjust to a smaller screen, especially if you too have marrow thumbs ;-)

i am using dell streak fm three months . A great device. It becomes a bit slow if u download a lotta things but overall a very good phonein terms of good speakers sound quality,resolution,orientation,, specially browsin

• Ted

yudi, 08 Jul 2011 hi guys i m planing to buy dell streak can u give me some genui... moreI bought a dell streak around a month ago and I havn't looked back. Having faced jokes from friends at the start because of the size they are now thinking of getting one. I love it.

I love this phone . been using for last 5 months. and its great......:)

• yudi

hi guys i m planing to buy dell streak can u give me some genuine advise shd i go for it or not . I heard tht it has some issue with battery backup n plzz suggest me sum more alternative which one shd i buy coz i m confused ri8 nw

• Jbro707

Raman, 05 Jul 2011Where do you live? I want to know full details from you about th... moreUS...Washington state

Fantastic

• Raman

AnonD-12943, 05 Jul 2011Bought this device 10 days back; not at all worth buying, Androi... moreWhere do you live? I want to know full details from you about the phone. I am planning to buy it.

A fascinating piece of hardware, with the real estate screen being one of the major pros...the capacitive touch screen is very responsive, with no hint of any sort of lag....The stage UI by dell seems to be a bit unpolished, but u stop givin a damn about it ven this fone gets goin.........plus some of the home apps like the launcherPro and d GO launcher luk gr8 on it....browsing xperience is a real treat, wid d pages loading real quick ....plus it supports flash !! The only major letdown is the 5mp camera that is seriously craving dell's attention...anodr minor issue is the scratch prone body on both sides of the gorrila glass encasing....besides dat, d call quality is xcellent ...d loud speaker isn't d greatest one around, but still pretty gud.....all in all, a wonderfull gadget wid some minor glitches....

Bought this device 10 days back; not at all worth buying, Android sucks, battery standby very poor, voice quality poor, camera worse than 2MP Nokia that I have. Would never recommend anyone to buy it ever.

• Ervin

I bought it yestrday, it is a little big but but evrything else is great.

• Lucitm

vaish, 03 Jul 2011i cant choose between dell streak and samsung nexus. can anyone help?Nexus s with no problem.
1.U will have all the updates in the moment they arive.

• o2 employee

vaish, 03 Jul 2011i cant choose between dell streak and samsung nexus. can anyone help?i have had the streak about 9 months, do not getanything on android, too buggy

• vaish

i cant choose between dell streak and samsung nexus. can anyone help?

• Lucitm

AnonD-9100, 02 Jul 2011Can anyone help me to chose between desire hd, nexus s r the del... moreEverithing its better on desire hd.Starting from materials used for the case and finishing with the best updates from android source.Not to mentioning the design that its outstanding.

Sezan, 02 Jul 2011Must Dell StreakO yeah... I just saw the damn fone n its damn awesome

• Sezan

• jons

dell streak is much better than dell venue ..