Dell Venue 8

Dell Venue 8

I've had this tablet since shortly after release and she still keeps kicking. Sure she isn't the fastest, but I have certainly gotten my value back on this tablet. 4 years and still kicking. Only big issue is that I have to pop the SD card out and back in to get it to read the card after a reboot. I would suggest using a lower demand launcher and the battery drains very quickly with gaming.

Tethered to my phone however, with the tablet's built in GPS makes for using it as a Nav Screen very effective.

Piece of shit, this "tablet". I bought it some time ago (3 or 4 years). At first, I thought the DELL brand name meant a lot to me. Sweet deceive!!! The tablet isn´t good. The 16 Gb ROM isn´t enough for nothing. Even the biggest store it can get (32Gb) is a rubbish, too. It can´t increase with sd card. The maximum is mere 32 Gb. Do you want to know the worst? I got in touch with DELL, asking for an upgrade in the OS. Answer: we do not work with this model anymore. Is it a piece of shit or not? Even DELL repudiates its creation. And we, poor customers, what do we have to think about a company that throws on rubbisch box its creation, leaving us with this piece of shit??? I was flabbergasted when I learned it from DELL. For me, DELL doesn´t exist anymore. I´m going and getting to get rid of all its products. Sad end for a good company in the past!!!

I am an app developer and a user complaining my app clashed in this device... Well it's a very low-end device which only having a 2-cores Intel x86 CPU and made in 2013, may just ignore it....

I didnt fine any sim slot portel..

• Jacko

Hopeless piece of junk. The keyboard repeats letters, which makes passwords extremely difficult. Despite changing all the settings, the problem remains. Dell's helpdesk were worse than useless.

• bob

i have dell venue 8 3830 every timepower switch no worke

Tablet still works great for me after 3 years due to 2GB RAM and stock Android.

• ramesh

AnonD-416012, 11 Jul 2015hi Priya Gutpa, I work for Dell, and I am sorry to hear ab... moreif you work at dell then can you say when dell will provide update to this tablet.

Anonymous, 25 Sep 2016Isnt it a windows tablet ?That's the venue 8 pro

shailesh, 13 Sep 2016dell has not provided any updates since long time.neither l... moreIsnt it a windows tablet ?

• shailesh

dell has not provided any updates since long time.neither lollipop nor marshmallow.

• sanu

it is a calling tablate ?

• Shamte

Need more memory, 15 Jan 2016I find that my Venue 8 3830 is running out of space. Does a... moreI have the same problem my since i buy this dell is always hung know is going off on off on is making me crazy its only seven month since i buy

• jk143in@gmail.com

i just bought a dell venue 8 but it is not supporting voice calls anf there is no dialaer how can i enable voice call and install dialer

• Jonny

AnonD-560657, 18 Jul 2016I use Dell Tablet Venue 8 3830. It has 32gb internal storag... moreIt doesn't have move to sd card option but you enable this after rooting your tab

AnonD-416012, 11 Jul 2015hi Priya Gutpa, I work for Dell, and I am sorry to hear ab... moreI use Dell Tablet Venue 8 3830. It has 32gb internal storage. While i inserted 32 gb micro sd the option of "move to SD" doesn't appear for moving apps and other media to external storage. The tab reads the card properly but i haven't found the "move" option.

• Vectorre268

Rating 4.1
I got my Android tablet in 2014 for Christmas. I have it right now, and it works pretty well. But, I have to say, it is pretty much worth the price and it works a lot like a smartphone.I like it so much that I get on it a lot! The signal range, speed and ability is pretty fine. Now if only the battery could last longer, and it could link a little faster. But for the most, I enjoy my tablet, and I am 12 years old! Dell has good service and it is so convenient!

• Pat

I've had this tablet for about 7 or 8 months and I'm completely frustrated with it's speed and it just hanging. It really is a poor tablet. My wife's Samsung is a much better product.

• Pat