Garmin-Asus A10

Garmin-Asus A10

• Joe

Raj, 16 Sep 2010But u r not add in gsmarena website.Obviously the specs listed here at GSMarena are incomplete.
The Garmin-Asus A10 mobile phone definitely has WiFi.
Also I have previously owned an Apple iPhone and the A10 battery easily does as good if not better than the iPhone did .

• Raj

Joe, 13 Sep 2010This phone has WiFi and it works very well to .But u r not add in gsmarena website.

• Joe

This phone has WiFi and it works very well to .

• Raj

this phone feature is good but Wi-fi is not there n bettry backup is less other wise this phone is very good.

• Rachel

Just got my phone back from the menders,but now my computer (an imac) freezes when the iphoto opens and the computer only see's 1 memory-I have the garmin and extra memory.
And the geo- tagged photo's seem all to say I am in Nigera!!!!

Very annoying.

I have never had a problem with the battery on the A10 I usually get a couple of days use before it needs a recharge . Which I consider to be extremely good for this type of mobile phone .

The battery life absolutely sucks on this phone. Tonight it went through 50% in about 2 hours of moderate use. Other than that it's a good phone.

• Russ

Russ, 19 Aug 2010Every now and again I got the widget screen randomly pop up and ... more..and if that does not work then use task killer and kill the 'widget' application after you have used it. Otherwise it will run in the background and possibly cause issues. I know its not perfect but TBH I don't use the widgets that much anyway.

My A10 runs fast and smooth without any issues now.

• Russ

Anonymous, 18 Aug 2010I dont have this problem with the GPS. it its still a fantastic ... moreEvery now and again I got the widget screen randomly pop up and also the left soft 'return' button does not work immediately.

I have cleaned up my widget pages and have installed task killer which I use frequently. I have also installed a screen protector from an iphone.

I don't have any more problems since doing this.

It may be a capacitive touch screen issue or too many applications running at once..I don't know??..but I'm happy now :)

Oliver, 17 Aug 2010Had exactly the same problem!! Its in for repair at the moment..... moreI dont have this problem with the GPS. it its still a fantastic phone to have

• Oliver

vic, 12 Aug 2010I really likie this phone but have started having bad problems w... moreHad exactly the same problem!! Its in for repair at the moment...Was impossible to use as GPS in car since it switched to the widget screen all the time!

• sakaew

It's worth looking at Asus Garmin A10 Support site.
I Googled your problem ..and there seem to be a lot of responses...most of which are useless...just some fool getting as many hits as he can...to increase advertising revenue.
But Google away...you never know what will come up

• Pete

Hi, I really need some help, I have a lot of trouble with my phone: GPS doesnt work anymore, Apps freeze all the time, can never open gallery and so on.

So I want to do a "Master Clear", but when I try this I get the following message: "no reset was performed because the System Clear service is not available"

Anyone know how to do a Hard Reset of the A10?

Or have some other solution.

Thx in advance.

• vic

I really likie this phone but have started having bad problems with the aplications. when i am using an application or when im using the GPS function, the widgets screen will repeatedly pop up all by itself. sometimes it closes all by itself but generally i have to press the home key to get rid of it. As you can imagine it is extreemely frustrating when time after time after time when you are trying to do something you are interupted by the screen and are forced to close out of what you are doing. I have read on other forums several other people are experiencing the same issue

• Sakaew

To those wondering when the fabled upgrade to Android 2.1 will finally arrive.....
Yesterday, I called Garmin support and asked WHEN it would come.
The lady went away, and I guess asked someone else.
She came back and said "There will be a NEW Garmin released at the end of September. It will have a different name from A10"
I can only conclude that the A10 has proven to be too problem ridden/too unpopular/too unsaleable.
I'll wait a couple of months.
I can only conclude the A10 is history.
Time will tell.

I just bought this phone a few days back. Its an amazing phone. Finally Garminasus is using android os which means more apps just like the iphone. The GPS is free without any downloading needed. works just like a standalone GPS. Android + Garmin = Best phone . definitely better than the IPHONE

• Rachel

Anonymous, 03 Aug 2010the garmin map stop working message did come out but it the map ... moreThanks but it was not Google maps update it was a Garmin free update I did at home just before I went on holiday.

Rachel, 31 Jul 2010I just got back from holiday in the Check republic,and of course... morethe garmin map stop working message did come out but it the map was still working after the message. Another thing i found out was updating google map made the garmin map buggy so I uninstalled it

2.1 update where where where!!!

• Rachel

I just got back from holiday in the Check republic,and of course I took my phone. I took some pictures withe the geo tag on-ok...but soon I found that only a few had the geo tag on it-no idea why,maybe poor satellite or something? I switched of my internet so I would not have a huge bill this month and thought to use the wifi-and that did not seem to work,always too poor reception,of course this could all be down to the Check systems???
The Garmin maps have so far to my knowledge never worked. Even with me doing the free map update. It comes up with "Garmin maps has stopped working,please try again later".
Any one else had this "problem?"