Garmin-Asus A10

Garmin-Asus A10

navagator, 05 Oct 2010does the gps map have text to speech? eg: spoken street names. &... moreYes GPS has spoken street names and being a garmin GPS the maps very accurate . Only thing it doesn't do is give traffic warnings . Other than that a very good unit .

• navagator

Anonymous, 04 Oct 2010Yes this phone has WiFi does the gps map have text to speech? eg: spoken street names. "turn left into Collins street" instead of "turn left in 50 mtrs" etc.

ive had the same problems. the widget page keeps turning on & off and vibrates for no reason.took it back to shop to get repaired a week later and still not back

shannon, 04 Oct 2010Hey guys? is there wifi to the phone?Yes this phone has WiFi

• shannon

Hey guys? is there wifi to the phone?

• tom

Anon, 01 Oct 2010I spoke with Garmin Australia, the v2.1 Android release is in fi... moreyou can download games from 4shared.com just type: .apk in the search menu then start downloading!!!

• tom

• NAn

This Asus a10 IS GOOD. The msging fnctions is awesome!Its like iphone! But I don't know where to dowload the games as i bought it only yesterdsy... 1/10/2010

• Anon

I spoke with Garmin Australia, the v2.1 Android release is in final functional testing phase. The upgrade from v1.6 to v2.1 will be free of charge, when available.
Very good news for what is a very well priced device.

• ANdy

piromanul, 27 Sep 2010for info .... Platform: Android 1.6 Enhanced CPU: ... moreMine is running on Android 2.1. and it comes with Garmin navigation free. Wonder how will standalone GPS survived when garmin asus brand is up.

Ed, 27 Sep 2010reasonable price. very usefull, animation wallpaper, GPS, calli... moreiPhone is a joke its just all hype .

• xj

Does this phone comes in white?

• piromanul

for info ....

Platform: Android 1.6 Enhanced
CPU: Qualcomm 7227 600MHz
Memory: 512MB SDRAM+512MB SLC + 4G eMMC Flash
Connectivity: Bluetooth 2.0, WLAN 802.11b/g, USB v2.0
GPS: Qualcomm GPSOne G7 (Assisted GPS, Aided GPS and standalone GPS supported)
Display: 3.2" HVGA TFT with capacitive touch
Camera: 5 Mega-Pixel, Auto Focus
Battery: 1500mAh Lithium
Standby Time: Up to 25 days
Talk Time: Up to 8 hours

• Ed

reasonable price.
very usefull, animation wallpaper, GPS, calling, WIFI, mp3 ringtone, touch screen, free application...

much more...

compare to Iphone...hmm....not really so...

Somebody want to try this and get SU for the A10. Would be nice to get rid of the unwanted 'provider' apps. etc

Post back if it works.

Just bought the Garmin-Asus A10 and this phone has the best GPS out there . I've owned Nokias Apples Samsungs and Sonys and the A10 kicks major butt in the GPS department excellent phone at a fantastic price .

Anonymous, 20 Sep 2010As far as the alarm clock issue is concerned you wouldn't have i... moreThanks - I'll check that out

• Vannasa

Nice. garminasus is doing a great job. something extra on top of the normal android os that all phones already has. Top of the line navigation. Garmin & Android combination

Anonymous, 20 Sep 2010I use my A10 as my morning alarm clock - it's set to ring each w... moreAs far as the alarm clock issue is concerned you wouldn't have installed any task killing programs by any chance?,if so make sure to put the alarm clock in the ignore list .

I use my A10 as my morning alarm clock - it's set to ring each week day morning. I've set it just the once. The first two weeks its was fine - now in the last two weeks it has randomly not rung on 3 mornings. Has anyone else experienced this problem?... and how'd you fix it?

My other serious issue - when I sync my outlook calendar to my phone, my appointments appear in my phone calendar, one AFTER the event was to happen :(
I've checked the location and date/time settings and they all appear to be fine.... Any ideas??? thanks!