Google Pixel 2 XL

Google Pixel 2 XL

• brettt777

Had my 2XL for about a year. Love it. Runs as smooth now as the first day I had it. Not a single issue with it. I just wish it was a little bigger. I just like a BIG phone. Looking for something new cuz my wife is about to retire her old V20 and she wants my 2XL. But having a hard time finding something I might like as much or more.

Work perfectly over a year but lately i has Good play service battery drain. sigh...

Fast boot, smart look, extremely good camera, the best choice for those not admiring Iphone

• Jack

Amazing phone. My pixel 2 xl (9 month old) became soooooo buttery smooth from the past 3-4 days. Dunno if it's Google's AI, but I had just started watching Apple iPhone XS review videos. And all of a sudden, my pixel 2 xl starts behaving extra smoooth. Woww! I'm loving it ..

Andy Walsall, 09 Aug 2019Friend has Google Pixel 2 XL. It has problems when charging. W... moreNo, its normal. They called it trickle charge. Basically, when your battery reached 80-90%, you can unplug the charger. System will slow down the current to prevent overcharge. Explore Trickle Charge on Google you'll understand.

The ring volume sucks

Friend has Google Pixel 2 XL.
It has problems when charging.
When charging from say 90% to 100% the charging slows down and can take hours to get to 100%.
I have contacted Google for him and they blame added apps on the phone for the phone taking longer to charge (even if the phone is turned off).

Anyone else with these issues please.

Thanks.

Mark, 03 Aug 2019Im waiting for the pixel 4 to come out so the price of this to f... moreSame!

• KillZone

KillZone, 27 Jul 2019Ok so down below I've commented on how happy I was with this dev... morePlease? Anyone had this problem before and fixed it?

• Mark

AnonymousMoose, 30 Jul 2019I know this is considered an older phone to some people, but I a... moreIm waiting for the pixel 4 to come out so the price of this to further go down.😆

• AnonymousMoose

I know this is considered an older phone to some people, but I am very excited to get this phone soon! Great specs, and awesome price! ($269.99 on Amazon!)

My pixel 2 was going through the same problem,
Opt out the beta 5 and degrade to stable pie, be sure that u have restored your data became it all will get wiped

• KillZone

Ok so down below I've commented on how happy I was with this device, until last night.
Now when I plug in my phone to charge it, it turns off immediatelly. I don't know what's wrong with it but I can charge my phone when it's on. Other than that everything is working fine. Any had this issue before? If yes and if you fixed it. How?

• redseasplitter

Noor, 18 Jul 2019Hi guys...I'm using Google pixel 2 xl with no issues until last ... more"Beta"

• Noor

Hi guys...I'm using Google pixel 2 xl with no issues until last week when I update my unit to Android Q beta 5 my video recording got no sound...just beep than mute...no sound at all...I tried with 3rd party camera app still with no success...
Anybody encounter this issue?

Panzerchuks, 06 Jun 2019Since yesterday's latest Android Q Beta update Override force-da... moreIt's not a broken, it's just full of bugs. Some app didn't optimized well for forced Dark Mode. It's basically just reversing colors to negative form. I'm also in Android Q Beta 5.

Ajab, 06 Jul 2019If you like Android, assistant, the best camera on a smartphone ... moreActually, both the Pixel 2 and Pixel 3a use the same display technology, OLED. The 2 xl and 3a xl both have a 6 inch screen. However, the resolution is better on 2xl (2880*1440 vs 2160*1080). The ONLY thing I hate about the 2 is the lack of headphone jack. I've broken 4 of those stupid dongles.

they both also have the same camera and RAM, and the CPU clock speed is slightly higher (better) on the 2XL

• Perez

Ajab, 06 Jul 2019If you like Android, assistant, the best camera on a smartphone ... moreUr right, the camera in this phone is still amazing for an old phone, super worth it bro

• Perez

Bekoe, 05 Jul 2019I'm using it right now. It's super cool. Just that you won't get... moreThanks for your advice and rn im using it. Its an amazing phonr

• Ajab

Perez, 04 Jul 2019Im going to buy pixel 2 xl next week, is this phone still awesom... moreIf you like Android, assistant, the best camera on a smartphone and kinda unique phone, then Pixel 2 XL is a great phone.
The only thing you should know before you buy it is the screen, Pixel 3A XL has a better screen than Pixel 2 XL but has poor quality hardware and a bit lower quality video and photo quality.