Google Pixel 3

Google Pixel 3

I had it since day 1 of release and loved it for a year, paid $800. Was hoping to keep it for 3 years, but I'm starting to feel like Deliverance piggy squealer guy. Battery life is abysmal, RAM issues is evident because the phone keeps axing Blokada thus killing the wifi too. Speaker sounds tinny. The release of much cheaper (and better) Pixel 3a felt like a kick in the nuts. Resale value is non-existent. Welp, I can't use anything other than Pixels so I'm just going to get a 4a when it releases and never buy another $600+ phone, the value is just piss poor, it's like buying a 9900KS and a 2080Ti in one.

Josepe, 11 Jan 2020is the microphone issue resolved for pixel 3? I mean for calls.Never had microphone issues on mine.

dimkaa, 17 Jan 2020Hello there! I'd like to buy Pixel 3 but I got to know that this... moreHaven't noticed any issues, and I do have sensitive eyes, can't stand PWM monitors.

Hello there! I'd like to buy Pixel 3 but I got to know that this smartphone has a PWM. Have you ever experienced that? (tired/red eyes, headaches etc.)

• Josepe

Kingslayer, 07 Sep 2019I disabled it anyway since I don't use it. As for all your o... moreis the microphone issue resolved for pixel 3? I mean for calls.

Anand, 24 Dec 2019Pixel 3 is most amazing phone in all the aspect , very smooth an... moreWhen did you purchase the phone and what's the storage you picked? Also, how well is the mic sound when recording or calling?

• Anand

Pixel 3 is most amazing phone in all the aspect , very smooth and sturdy android softwear, design very premium , size and handling very perfect. battery also very good

Iam a iphone user in android i tried almost all the brands Onplus 7t is awsome but size is huge next is this phone very very good

Just for sharing my opinion if some wanting to buy this phone .

• Mo

Anonymous, 10 Nov 2019I was wondering if the so called "not pink" color is suitable fo... moreYup I think it's no girly kind of pink, it's the kind of pink making you feeling comfortable

• EustusB

My wife purchased a Pixel3 from Target in August. We user Verizon as a provider. Several weeks ago, sound alerts for phone calls messages, etc. stopped. You can call out, but will not know when a call or message came in, or alarm goes off. November 30 opened an incident with Google help. We generated the requested bug reports and screen shots and sent them in. Sent them again three days later, and again on that day from a second email address to assure they would receive the requested files. The only response was a notice to only use the original gmail account. At least we know the files must have been received. No analysis of the reports appears to have been done, and no follow up was attempted by Google.
Called multiple times where the entire problem had to be related for the existing incident. Never any follow up. During this time multiple techs at Verizon attempted to diagnose the problem, and sales at Target tried to determine how to follow up with Google warranty.
Finally spoke to a Google support supervisor who stated the warranty would only be honored if the phone was examined by a "Ubreakifx" technician. The nearest ubreakifix location is in Newton CT, 80+ miles from our location Albany N.Y. The Ubreakifix technician diagnosed a bad mother board on December 7. He states this is a common problem, and Google has a history of not supporting the product.
We will see if Google ever honors the hardware warranty. Next step, NY Attorney General complaint.

My Goal Zero Sherpa 100PD that Michael Fisher (Mr. Mobile) recommended just made my Pixel 3 more awesome than it already is.

The Pixel 3 is my second phone that has wireless charging. My Galaxy S7 edge has it but I never used it when I had it. With my Pixel 3, I use it all the time with this power bank. Now I never run out of battery anywhere I go.

I could never get the Pixel 4 because by removing the fingerprint scanner, I can no longer use my Chase app and Private Notepad by using fingerprint security. I also don't like Android 10.

I read the new Motorola Razr won't have wireless charging. Bummer. I no longer can't live without it. This Sherpa 100PD is so awesome to use for a car dweller like me.

• senor wizard

The Pixel 3 is junk ....No way can I make the speaker phone work properly....I don't care what sort of deal is offered to you from your cell phone carrier for a pixel 3 ....Run fast and run far from the Pixel 3....I am about to get my 4th phone in 6 months on warranty ......

• activated

jlp, 19 Oct 2019what?? I cant use head phones while im charging? Yikes! there ar... morego try to use a thing called bluetooth...

Anonymous, 10 Nov 2019Is it true that Pixels don`t get the same software support from ... morePixel still is supported in countries where no GG stores. I bought Pixel 3 in Canada, brought back to my country and just updated it to Android 10

• Abe

Anonymous, 10 Nov 2019I was wondering if the so called "not pink" color is suitable fo... moreTo be honest the pink is barely pink, it is a pleasant white with off beige with a pink hue in my opinion and is perfectly normal in a guys hand. I personally have the black only because was the only color available on my visit to the USA where I got my device, it gets monthly security updates the same day as all other Pixels as well despite being overseas.

I was wondering if the so called "not pink" color is suitable for men, what you think?

Is it true that Pixels don`t get the same software support from Google in countries where there aren`t official Google sales stores, or not, anyone knows???

• jlp

what?? I cant use head phones while im charging? Yikes! there are only 24 hours a day and I need every minute of it for both of those things.

I was seriously railroaded into buying this and after all was said and done, I realize that not only does it have a different plug than anything else, you are only provided one cord to use for all settings, despite having been given a car adapter and two other adapters that make no sense. plus a cord that goes to nothing.

I was given 3 days to decide and could exchange only for another pixel if this one is faulty.

and so on, and so on

better than Pixel 4

Can you schedule a reboot like Huawei and Samsung?