Google Pixel 3

Google Pixel 3

• Genzo

Kingslayer, 05 May 2019I love this phone so far! Its only weaknesses are battery life i... moreThe essential phone come with and LCD screen and the pixel 3 is a poled screen normally LCDs are more brighter than poled screens. I have seen so many comments about ram. I haven't encounter any of that I personally think 4gb of ram is ok for a pixel device the only downside of the pixel 3 is battery life 2910mhm power is not good enough for the device but it can make it through the day even if you are a heavy user. Camera and software is just magnificent

I love this phone so far! Its only weaknesses are battery life isn't the best and the display is quite dim. If the brightness is 31% on my Essential, I have to go 47% on the Pixel 3. If 50% in the former, about 66% in the latter. But what's weird is they start to nearly match by the 75%.

I use AMOLED LiveWallpaper with blank icons and only the name of the app is on display in white. I set the live wallpaper to only 15 FPS instead of 60 and it's smooth already. Conserve battery as well. I also don't regret the black one. I have no issues of the black scratching. I take really good care of my phones.

I still don't see the RAM management issues or other little quirks yet. I'm still on the November patch. The March one I've read brought back issues again. The camera is amazing and the software experience is great. Maybe in a few months, feelings could change.

My Essential Phone is still a great phone. I've had it for only 8 months. The fingerprint scanner doesn't recognize my fingers right away. Not all the time at least. So it's starting to show its age and I did clean it. I could have issues with this Pixel months from now.

All three phones I rotate daily (LG G5, Essential, and Pixel 3) aren't perfect. No phone really is especially the older they get.

My G5 has the worst battery life, overheats randomly, and annoying image retention. But tends to be great all-around and the only one with IR blaster and multiple batteries.

Essential has the fingerprint scanner issue and inferior digitizer. I don't have issues with call quality. That's more with T-Mobile's spotty coverage. The phone is awkward to hold but the actual design, build quality, and battery life is no doubt the best.

Pixel 3 has RAM issues and whatever else people have complained about. But I love the feeling of the phone when I hold it. An even narrower phone than my G5. It also has the best camera and noticeably the fastest.

I genuinely like all three phones and fairly equally even with all their flaws. Feelings could change in six months. My favorite brand of phones are now Pixels. I'll be sad if the Pixel 4 and 5 flop again, Google will get out of the phone hardware business for good. Their Nexus devices weren't exactly popular either.

We will all end up with Samsung or another Chinese copycat as our only Android options. Pixel may not be around for very long if it keeps flopping in sales. But so many people bash it. I get it. They have flaws but Google could always pull the plug and you will regret losing them.

• Genzo

Anonymous, 09 Oct 2018Geeezuuus... no SD-slot, 2900mAh, a single camera on the back, f... morePixel 3 is and awesome device I have been using it for about 3months now the only downside is the battery life. 2910mhm power not good enough for a 850euros device but it can make it through the day. I don't need to talk about the camera and software because is the best. Awesome screen

• Andski

Well Google, add 3.5 mm jack and FM radio, so the phone will be more useful. Otherwise you will be following Sony.

• simmayor

Battery life isn't that great. Google's apps are annoying and difficult to use. If you add a photo to an album, the text app can't find it. If you use the web messages feature, your messages sometimes get lost. Lots of dumb push notification spam from Google. Why is it telling me about a hockey game when I've never searched for hockey and never watched a full hockey game in my life?

Kingslayer, 21 Apr 2019Be stuck in their sandbox. And stock android isn't? They removed the option for custom contact colors, custom message colors, can't change font, can't change AOD style, can't even remove the google searchbar from home screen. Flexibility!

Kingslayer, 21 Apr 2019Be stuck in their sandbox. Yes, apple is bad but Google is worse. Google makes the best software but when it comes to hardware, *slap face emoji* ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Anonymous, 09 Apr 2019Google are just making a poor man's iPhone. Although, I shouldn'... moreBe stuck in their sandbox.

• ss

ss, 19 Apr 2019is your Ring Tone volume ok? do you find it good enough?Have no doubt. Google is cheating us. I sent the phone for service with in three days of purchase regarding the low ring volume issue. After a week , they are saying that they have checked the volume and it is as per the standard. I asked them what is their standard decibels but they dont know about decibel and they dont have any standard over that. The person told me that when he hear the Ring Tone it seems to be ok for him!! now they are sending back my phone. No replacement. My God! what a fool i am.

• ss

Alrapaca, 19 Apr 2019I have not had those problemsis your Ring Tone volume ok? do you find it good enough?

• Alrapaca

lampmouse, 18 Apr 2019Buying Pixel 3 is the worst decision I have ever done. This devi... moreI have not had those problems

• Shyboy

If I buy just only for camera shooting.
Use it for instead of my canon.

• lampmouse

Buying Pixel 3 is the worst decision I have ever done. This device has internet and wifi issue: it will keep reconnecting without any good reason and it cannot provide stable internet. I can promise this is a device problem because all my other devices work well under the same wifi provider and same sim card. And their customer service is a basically a joke. I thought google will do a good job, but instead, they tend to think you are silly and give you all the solutions you have tried and not to admit this is their problem. The feedback system of this device is useless. No one will care about your feedback. So my suggestion is that never use a Google cellphone. They don't know how to provide a high-quality cellphone yet. Unless you try to drive yourself some nuts.

Anonymous, 13 Apr 2019poor mans iphone? lmao the best iphone out is equal to a GALAXY ... moreGalaxy s7 is lag as hell.

Anonymous, 09 Apr 2019Google are just making a poor man's iPhone. Although, I shouldn'... morepoor mans iphone? lmao the best iphone out is equal to a GALAXY S7. the iphone xr has a screen resolution of 720

• ss

Compier, 09 Apr 2019hello, im looking for smaller phone, considering pixel 3 (650eur... moreNever go for this phone, this is having very low Ring Volume totally useless in practical.

Compier, 09 Apr 2019hello, im looking for smaller phone, considering pixel 3 (650eur... moreS10e has better display, better battery, better build quality.

• Compier

hello, im looking for smaller phone, considering pixel 3 (650eur) vs s10e (750eur) could someone help to decide which is better value for money according price that I mentioned above?

Martin, 27 Mar 2019Nice phone, but undoubtedly Google is becoming more “evil” tha... moreGoogle are just making a poor man's iPhone. Although, I shouldn't say a "poor man" because they charge the same prices as Apple for inferior products. They mocked Apple for ditching the headphone jack, then followed suit. Meanwhile, Samsung & LG keep the jack without any trade-offs. Google made fun of Apple for the notch, then they create the biggest notch ever! They don't have the quality control, customer service or ecosystem to come anywhere close to rivalling Apple.

Pixel 3 (non XL) has no notch, better speakers and screen brightness, but worse battery life and only FHD+ display. If battery life, screen size & display are important to you, choose the XL version. Or alternatively, spend your money elsewhere. Both phones are overpriced iphone wannabes.