Google Pixel 3a

Google Pixel 3a

Omky, 22 Sep 2019Guys, pixel 3a or pixel 3 which one to buy? If i get pixel 3 at ... moreDepends on things that are important to you, pixel 3 had auto focus on one of its front cameras, 3a doesn't, pixel 3 had an IP rating, 3a doesn't , pixel 3 has Qi charging the 3a doesn't , pixel 3 has more memory channels versus the 3a , pixel 3 100% DCI colour palette accuracy, the 3a doesn't state that ....I chose a 3a because I don't game and don't need the flagship chip, I am amazed by the camera quality coming from my galaxy s10e , only thing I don't like about the pixel is the launcher which I prefer the Samsung one UI , but I've installed CPL launcher and it works fine, apart from not allowing compatibility with Android 10 full gesture system, so you have to use the bottom navigation buttons

Guys, pixel 3a or pixel 3 which one to buy? If i get pixel 3 at discounted price slightly more than pixel 3a.
Pixel 3 one year older but fully packed with features. What say?

• Sufficient

confused, 12 Sep 2019help me choose between this iphone 7 and galaxy s10e... iphone 7... moreIt's excellent, especially for the Cameras sake

Anonymous, 10 Sep 2019Not without telephoto and wide angle cameraI have the Google pixel 3a and you don't know what you are talking about it's the best for the price

• HACKERMAN

confused, 12 Sep 2019help me choose between this iphone 7 and galaxy s10e... iphone 7... moredont go for the iphone 7, honestly you can do so much better for the price.. the 3a is wayyyyyy better than it and the s10e is too.. the only main difference i can tell is that the 3a is plastic and it has an inferior design to the s10e but with the 3a you are confirmed at least 3-4 years of upcoming android version.... also the 3a's camera is the best. the iphone 7 is just too damn outdated now.. :)

• confused

help me choose between this iphone 7 and galaxy s10e... iphone 7 for ios security(privacy) and still gonna get 4 major ios update... s10e for the compact design latest performance speed and nice specs. and pixel 3a for heraring so much about its good camera quality and day to day usability. (points to note.. i havent tried ios yet. but i prefer it for privacy... price is a factor for me when getting phones

paco2x, 05 Sep 2019The SoC alone don't make the whole phone, the camera unit of the... moreNot without telephoto and wide angle camera

Mike, 08 Sep 2019What if I told you that your modern CPU in your all-made-of-glas... moreOh pls, we all know that google is the one that is always spying

• Mike

Orange97, 30 Aug 2019Pixel 3a... "insane value for money"? 400 EUR for SD670?! Reall... moreWhat if I told you that your modern CPU in your all-made-of-glass phone is being used for spying/tracking/mining which uses 100% of your best-in-class battery in less than a day ?

Anonymous, 05 Sep 2019Android 10 The battery life is greatly improved. It seems to la... moreThank you very much!

Anonymous, 04 Sep 2019What are the changes, would you share with us??Android 10
The battery life is greatly improved. It seems to last at least twice as long as before.
It now has a Dark theme which is really useful for switching between Day and Night. If you pull the Notification bar down and press the settings icon (pencil) you can add a shortcut to make on/off easier than going to Settings/Display/Dark theme.
The new Gestures navigation is a Like/Dislike addition. Personally, I didn't get on with it and switched to 2-button navigation (Settings/System/Gestures/System navigation).
After installing Android 10 an update for the camera appeared in my Google Play app. Night Sight is now on the left in the main settings instead of being in 'More' on the right.
It's early days and I'm still finding new things so sorry for any that I have missed.

Orange97, 30 Aug 2019Pixel 3a... "insane value for money"? 400 EUR for SD670?! Reall... moreThe SoC alone don't make the whole phone, the camera unit of the Pixel 3a is one of the best on the market.

Anonymous, 04 Sep 2019I got used to the battery on my Pixel 3a draining rapidly, even ... moreWhat are the changes, would you share with us??

I got used to the battery on my Pixel 3a draining rapidly, even when it was lying idle, like overnight.
Last night I downloaded and installed Android 10. I finished the install at 11pm and the battery level was on 90%. When I checked the phone at 7am this morning the battery showed 88% remaining. Now my phone is perfect!

Anon, 03 Sep 2019is pixel 3a worth the price? Is camera quality on par with regul... moreyes.

• Anon

is pixel 3a worth the price? Is camera quality on par with regular pixel 3?

Does Xiaomi give one of the best camera on a smart phone? How about Android 10 update tomorrow (Sept. 3rd, 2019) and major updates for 3 years? ie. guaranteed up to Android 12.

Since the 670 already handles all tasks without heating up or draining battery, having the fastest SoC is not the biggest value in a smartphone anymore. Connecting to LTE bands almost everywhere in the world is worth paying more for Pixel I think.

BTW 3a's oleophobic coating is not as noticeable as with Gorrilla Glass and this Dragontrail version shows fingerprints right away. But I've found those coatings usually only last a few weeks and I imagine most will not notice if they use screen protectors.

I'm using zero case or screen protector so far. The phone's hand feel is great with the rounded edges but this polycarbonate body has glossy smooth edges and lacks the grip of Google's previous plastic built Nexus phones which had soft touch coatings. So while it feels great it's also more likely to slip than N5 or 5x.

Fingerprint scanner is lightning fast and the battery life and 18W charging times are above average. Thermals stay cool to touch during gaming (no thermal throttling) and has a much better single camera than Samsung A50 has with 3x cameras while matching performance and battery life. The price cost me about $150 more than Samsung but I think it's worth it for the camera and fast updates, however I sacrifice having a bigger and brighter display as well as microSD storage expansion.

• Orange97

Pixel 3a... "insane value for money"?
400 EUR for SD670?! Really?!
Xiaomi gives you SD855 for the same price!

How's the oleophobic coming, is it good?

• Roger

Anonymous, 22 Aug 2019How is the build quality, are there any problems with the phone?... moreI have an odd thing occasionally happening.

The phone has on some occasions shut down. Not necessairly shutting down in high-heat situations, just that I've come back to the phone after sitting on a table and finding it turned off.

Normal boot process (holidng down the power button) does not work, you have to hold the power and volume down at the same time and it will boot after 20 seconds or so. Seems then to boot fine, and with no problems afterwards.