Google Pixel 6

Google Pixel 6

• Spook15
  • nw}
  • 14 Nov 2022

Got phone in September, all fine except fingerprint scanner which took around 4 times to set up. Now works almost every time so happy with that.
Now in November, battery running down to around 50% at midday with moderate use.
Voice control won't open web pages when searching internet but apps and reminder setup work ok
Auto rotation only rotates once then have to restart phone as it stops working.
No sound through Bluetooth to car stereo with Facebook, YouTube works but strangely the ads within YouTube don't.
Touch screen a little hit and miss around the edges of the screen. Maybe the screen protector so going to replace it and see.
Can't assign different ringtone to individual contacts or groups as it reverts to general setting.
Samsung software far superior, may have to bite the bullet and get shot.

I DO NOT recommend this phone. I've had the Pixel 6 for a year. By the 3rd month it was putting calls on mute, even when it was on a level service, and nothing was touching it. Looked up the problem on Google site--the problem had been reported a year earlier. 2 years later it has not been fixed. Recently when I use Speaker, calls are randomly cutoff. A case which securely holds the phone is needed, otherwise it will slide off a level surface. Thank goodness Black Friday is around the corner -- going back to Samsung.

• LvB
      • 12 Nov 2022

Anonymous, 11 Nov 2022If I can get s22 for the same price of pixel 6 , which one ... morePixel 6

• XNR
        • 11 Nov 2022

If I can get s22 for the same price of pixel 6 , which one is more worth it

• Sahil
          • Trm
          • 11 Nov 2022

Rizwan , 27 Oct 2022In Canada I use an eSIM registered with Fido. The physical ... moreI noticed some network connectivity issues while using 2 sims (1 esim local & 1 India sim)
          mobile data used to drop or disappear suddenly.
          But since i removed physical sim and using only 1 sim, it is working perfect without any connectivity issues.

• K
            • Kliment
            • 3it
            • 07 Nov 2022

Great device, but still have a few issues like fingerprint , brightness adjustment and screen been alive after locking it. Registered my finger four times, used increased screen sensitivity and still have problems unlocking the device. Under bright sun the screen needs a few seconds to adjust its brightness and in some scenarios it can't. Almost every time I unlock my phone there is some app, already opened. Have red a few articles and seems that the screen is kept operational a few seconds after the phone been locked, so I am not the only one suffering. Very sad because I already have had all pixel phones and love them and this one has so much potential , but I have to replace it. It seems that the 7th also has some issues, so probably will go for Samsung.

• Rizwan
              • q{K
              • 27 Oct 2022

Sunny, 20 Sep 2022Have anybody tried to use two SIMs in dual mode in USA? I a... moreIn Canada I use an eSIM registered with Fido. The physical sim card I put in the phone is from Airtel India. Both the sim cards work well.

• D
                • Dude
                • nUv
                • 25 Oct 2022

Anonymous, 24 Oct 2022Never buy this phone. If the screen breaks, your fingerprin... moreThat's why you use screen protectors etc. So that you wouldn't need to change screen

I've been using Pixel6 for 2 months now and every issue I had was fixed with patches and system updates

Even fingerprint sensor is faster after update

Overall phone is good in every aspect I need it to be

• JK9
                  • 24 Oct 2022

Never buy this phone. If the screen breaks, your fingerprint scanner wont work anymore even if you buy original screen with new scanner. Google has a calibration tool to fix that but it doesn't work at all. No way to contact google about this issue.

The phone is also heavy and bulky.

• D

• v
                      • v
                      • SkQ
                      • 17 Oct 2022

al, 09 Oct 2022pixel 6 pro screen went white, unable to operate phone, log... moregoogle is more a soft company, apple more ha hard one (also soft) you cant compare google to apple, you can compare samsung to apple if you want.

• T
                        • Techzunio
                        • CbB
                        • 14 Oct 2022

al, 09 Oct 2022pixel 6 pro screen went white, unable to operate phone, log... moreYou have to reed the postTechzunio Google Pixel 7 Pro have big Display Issue

• a
                          • al
                          • 2Bk
                          • 09 Oct 2022

pixel 6 pro screen went white, unable to operate phone, logged fault, google responds within 10-20 hrs, chats go back and forth, they ask me to try a few things without reading the fault description that its unusable, eventually they decide that i can send it in to look at but i need to accept sending it!! this is just wasting days with their process. I send it via courier from australia to HKG, give them 6 days then chat online for update, takes 20 mins for google to advise it has been decided to replace but wait another 2 days before it will ship back to australia.

If I had an iPhone, i could have taken it into their store and had it replaced on the spot......

it's been 14 days so far, I need to consider if Google is a good option for the future?

• q{7
                            • 09 Oct 2022

Lisa, 04 Oct 2022I regret buying the Pixel 6. My old LG phone was so much mo... morewhat were the idiotic gui aspects?

• T
                              • Tom
                              • 8V6
                              • 08 Oct 2022

Lisa, 04 Oct 2022I regret buying the Pixel 6. My old LG phone was so much mo... moreShould have done your research before you spent your money. It's your own fault

• L
                                • Lisa
                                • 0aL
                                • 04 Oct 2022

I regret buying the Pixel 6. My old LG phone was so much more enjoyable to use. There are so many idiotic GUI aspects of the pixel 6 that suck, for a lack of a better word. Last but not least you cant even tap the screen to take a photo. I hate that I spent money on this phone. I will never buy another google phone again.

• rgC
                                  • 01 Oct 2022

Daemon Targaryen, 30 Sep 2022Pixel 6 (T-Mobile variant) for only $199 at Best Buy. Crazy... moreI could not resist so I got two as “secondary devices”. One for me and one for wife.

Pixel 6 (T-Mobile variant) for only $199 at Best Buy. Crazy deal. It's tempting. I looked at the Pixel 7 and I don't really like any of the colors the way I feel about the Pixel 6 in sorta seafoam. I don't really need a Pixel 6. I'm extremely happy with my Razr 5G and Z Flip 3.

I find the Pixel 6 too tall and heavy. But why not for only $199? I still need to understand the requirements. I'm still paying for my Razr 5G and iPhone 12 mini I sold over a year ago. The 12 mini will be finished by next April. The Razr until next Sept. If I can add $8.33 to my current bill, I'll get it.

A Pixel 6 for only $199 is too good to be true. That's cheaper than a 6a and has a better display and build quality.

JG, 23 Aug 2022I’d like a balanced opinion on getting the Pixel 6. I used ... moreI'm currently using a Pixel 6 and completely satisfied with this phone, although I still wish it could be a bit smaller and lighter like the Pixel 6A. You can find out about the Pixel 6A, it seems to be having a very good price. It's a good phone and you can definitely use it for a long time.

• Sunny
                                        • kSe
                                        • 20 Sep 2022

Have anybody tried to use two SIMs in dual mode in USA? I am interested if it can be done for US SIM as eSIM and foreign SIM in roaming mode as a physical SIM?