Honor 5X

Honor 5X

The stock Android 6.0.1 firmware is incredibly slow. I unlocked the bootloader of mine when Huawei still allowed it officially and installed LineageOS, which makes the old phone much more responsive, and of course the 16 GB of storage lasts much longer without all the useless apps the stock ROM has. Unfortunately it died recently (an obvious hardware problem), but I got a good 6 years of use out of it.

• B
    • Balalala
    • sF%
    • 26 Mar 2022

My phone sometime got very hot while watching youtube.And this phone always feel slow

• t
      • thetechfromheaven
      • Pr}
      • 07 Nov 2021

Huawei User Atoms, 17 Jul 2021I have been using this phone for about 6 years and the lag ... moreget your bootloader unlocked with the dcunlocker service and install Lineage, it is night and day difference against the stock EMUI ROM, totally worth it.

• v
        • vananucho
        • Pr}
        • 07 Nov 2021

Still rocking this in 2021 with custom Android 9 ROM and a new battery, it's a great old school device, certainly not powerful but enough for my needs.

Huawei GR5 is my first smartphone, I bought it 6 years ago in late 2015 and it served me pretty good for about 3 years.
          But now it's time to get a new one. Thank you for all the nice services, my friend!

• DhQ
            • 16 Oct 2021

One thing I,ve noticed that the speakers position is so
            annoying especially when playing games.

• Huawei User Atoms
              • sxs
              • 17 Jul 2021

I have been using this phone for about 6 years and the lag become more and more consistent every time, this phone is about to die, the chipset can't handle pretty much latest app this days, Idk if this is helpful. But its weak its slow its a pain

• XBA
                • 12 Jul 2021

Mine is showing 2g and I am trying to change the network mode, surprisingly it does not have preffered network type in the wireless settings

• m
                  • markus
                  • 7XY
                  • 03 Jul 2021

Overall, it's a good phone for light use or browsing, but the lag is somehow consistent. I've been using the phone for more than 3 years already so I have been dealing with it too.

• f0N
                    • 30 Jun 2021

Mr Zaid, 27 May 2021Mine is 64gb internal memory, but it's later founded t... moreEven mine, its so frustrating, now what do I do?

• Nu6
                      • 27 May 2021

Stars 12405, 27 Feb 2020This phone has no built in memory, if you intsall many apps... moreSame

• M
                        • Mr Zaid
                        • Nu6
                        • 27 May 2021

Mine is 64gb internal memory, but it's later founded that is 2gb internal memory how am I supposed to use it that way

• M
                          • MJ
                          • QvR
                          • 22 Feb 2021

I have had my honor 5x KIW-L24 Since 2017 I put LineageOS. Now it is on Android 10! LineageOS 17.1

• Happy 5x owner
                            • nS%
                            • 10 Jan 2021

I am happy for this. I have been using 5 yrs now and still working fine. Android 6 was latest big system update but all apps are still upgradable.

• A
                              • Animesh Acharjee
                              • XU$
                              • 07 Nov 2020

My phone is not connect with 3/4G internet.

• I

• k
                                  • koko
                                  • uWW
                                  • 29 Jul 2020

Bangladesh, 11 Jun 2020I am using Honor 5x (KIW- UL00) Chinese version. But I brou... moredownload the 6.0 marshmallow from huawei website and install in it by using sd card.if you need further help please go to youtube and write how to reinstall Android 6.0 marshmallowYou need to help

• B
                                    • Bangladesh
                                    • E7G
                                    • 11 Jun 2020

I am using Honor 5x (KIW- UL00) Chinese version. But I brought it from China a few days ago. Now how do I update this device to Android Marshmallow 6.0 . Please help me.

• S
                                      • Sajitha
                                      • IWS
                                      • 25 May 2020

I am using this this phone for 4 years.After about 1.5 year it was not smooth.After 2 years it was very weired because of the lag.I purchased a GR5 2017 and it is fine.I also bought y9 prime and it is also fine.Even after a factory reset we can not expect the usual smosmoothness in GR5 2016.So I thought to replace the battery.

• g
                                        • guest
                                        • 3xK
                                        • 10 May 2020

Stars 12405, 27 Feb 2020This phone has no built in memory, if you intsall many apps... moresame