Honor 8

Honor 8

• Ira

Paul, 01 Jan 2020Have had this phone for 3 years. Overall, I think it was a ... moreI been using this phone for 5 years already and still good. Still updating.. . But my only problem now is the battery... until now I’m still using it...

• ImKhan2021

Dear All
i have been using this model for year and half and timely getting updates now i have reset to factory settings and i am unable to get upgrades, now running on the initial version, because of this i am unable to install some apps which required higher android versions
Can anyone help me how can i get upgrade version.

• sterna

Anonymous, 15 Jan 2021Very bad experience. accelerometer not work properly. Bluet... moreNo dedicated memory card slot?

My son loves this movie, he watches it before he sleeps, really surprised to see dr strange using this honor phone (before the car accident scene in the movie). I was surprised, since at the beginning we saw an iphone (surgery scene) and an ipad mini after. So honor pretty much paid a lot to be in this movie.

Very bad experience. accelerometer not work properly. Bluetooth not working properly, No dedicated memory card slot. battery timings very bad. only 2 things are good 64gb memory and back camera results averagely good.

• V

Worst phone experience I've had probably. Battery degraded to about 40% after 2 years, would randomly turn off, completely unreliable. Got very hot when using the camera are gaming. Swore never to buy honor again.

• grayworm

I have mine today. up and running perfectly. Updated to Android Nougat and EMUI 5.0.4.
Best phone ever had so far for that cheap price, nicely built and beautiful design

• SIER

very-very Hot,ovehead hot

• Tom

Anonymous, 22 Sep 2020Battery timing is very very badHad problems with timing. Did battery replacement and now it works as it should have.

Nata, 27 Jul 2020Very bad battery, otherwise ok. After a year, the battery l... moreBattery timing is very very bad

• Irukandji

K.C., 13 Jun 2020Have this phone since December 2016, and this is the best b... moreAgreed

• Nata

Very bad battery, otherwise ok. After a year, the battery life started deteriorating very quickly. After 1.5 years I had to charge it during the day because the phone wouldn't even last for a day of mild use (occasional messaging, emails, checking weather, music - no gaming, barely any phone/video calls and only very occasional short videos). After 2 years I was walking around with a charger and power bank at all times because the battery barely lasted a few hours. Then it started turning off whenever I tried to use the camera. It got worse and would shut off even while using the camera and plugged in (and fully charged!). After another month the battery lasted max. 10 Min. Now the phone needs to be plugged in all the time and even then, it will shut off after too much use (5-10 min of messaging, looking at photos etc.). Then it will endlessly try to restart until it finally shuts off and needs to sit at least 3 hours before it will start again. Sometimes even when showing 100% charged and charging a full day/night, it will not manage to restart. :( I'm buying a new phone very soon!

my phones has issues with 4g, where signals are weak.Others cellphone with same network can receive 4g network, but I'm getting 2g. May be its because limited 4g bands support ??

• Samorez

I bought Honor L09 in July 2017 for 270 Euros (wilderness of Russia). This was the best purchase I made. 3 years of active gaming, music and Internet surfing. There were no complaints about the operation of the hardware and software, except for the almost dead battery. Last week I replaced the battery and the phone became like new (apart from minor scratches on the back cover).

• K.C.

sayabosanhidup, 11 Feb 2020well m planning to buy it someday now that it s only us$87... moreHave this phone since December 2016, and this is the best buy ever. Of course after almost 4 years battery is not perfect anymore, but it makes it through the day.

One of the best things about this phone is the camera. Last three years we took all our holiday pictures with this phone and used them in printed albums with fantastic result.

• Paul

European L09 device, still on Android 7.0 myself, Android security patch level 1st of December 2018. I think the security situation worries me more than not getting Android 8.0 (I found EMUI 5.0 to be perfectly adequate). Anyway, I expected this much though it is disappointing.

If you want long-term updates, you should either be prepared to use alternative means for getting them (I am sure it is technically possible to update this phone to 8.0), or just go with Apple/Google devices (5 and 3 years support, respectively). Samsung is also good with security updates (3 year support) though not as good with OS updates (support for 2 OS iterations).

Maui, 14 Jan 2020It was confirmed from Huawei through an email that certain ... moreuse firmware finder in the play store to update to the latest version available. Just be warned that it will kinda ruin your phone so you will have to reset your phone and then let the system repair itself

Maui, 14 Jan 2020It was confirmed from Huawei through an email that certain ... moreThat seems correct. My Honor has B416 firmware and neither HiSuite nor Updater offer newer version.

• sayabosanhidup

Paul, 01 Jan 2020Have had this phone for 3 years. Overall, I think it was a ... morewell m planning to buy it someday now that it s only
us$87 for the 4ram 32rom n us$98 for d 4ram 6rom

n i dont really mind it being outdated as long as it can
run whatsapp n doesnt lag n have reasonable battery

i just want a cool phone n a smartphone from huawei

• Maui

Sarmad, 21 Dec 2019I'm at 7.0, not receiving any update through honor suite,no... moreIt was confirmed from Huawei through an email that certain US L04 and L09 models would not be getting Android 8.0. They released the update by your phone's "region of origin". My L04 came from NY and they checked my specific model line and said it would not be getting the update. It's lame but I love my phone :/