Honor 8

Honor 8

• Alalaa

Jack79Sparrow, 18 Sep 2019for me and after more than 5 years with (hyawei / honor) i'... moreYou are absolutely right. I will do the same

for me and after more than 5 years with (hyawei / honor) i'll not buy
any phone from them, my next phone maybe from (apple / samsung / xiaomi / nokia)
because these company respect the users and give them 3 years at least
of update.

• zootx

Had a nice run with this with phone.
The firmware has not received any security updates for a year (i am on Android 8), although the specs and camera still satisfy me, so I have to get a replacement phone.
I can only recommend others to purchase phones with long-term software support (e.g., Google, Oneplus) or support for custom ROMs with an active development community (since Huawei/Honor are closed-source kernels, custom ROM development has never been good for these brands).
As smartphone technology is reaching a plateau (all midrange phones nowadays have strong internals, nobody needs 8 GB RAM), customers will not need a new phone every 2 years. But Huawei and other companies still use this model (planned obsolence), so stay away from them.

• Jack79Sparrow

Jack79Sparrow, 16 Sep 2019for me my honor 8 still in andriod 7 (pie) and nothing new ... moresorry not pie, nougat (andriod 7).

Jack79Sparrow, 16 Sep 2019for me my honor 8 still in andriod 7 (pie) and nothing new ... moreIn Pakistan still 7 is working

• Jack79Sparrow

User 1, 15 Sep 2019Honor 8 has already received oreo ...ive been using it with... morefor me my honor 8 still in andriod 7 (pie) and nothing new about oreo!!!

• User 1

Honor 8 User, 25 Aug 2019I cannot see this honor 8 can be upgrade to Emui 8 and Andr... moreHonor 8 has already received oreo ...ive been using it with oreo since last year .

• Honor 8 User

I cannot see this honor 8 can be upgrade to Emui 8 and Android Oreo.

• Jack79Sparrow

Anonymous, 19 Aug 2019first clear data your hicare app and then click check updat... morei dont understand what you mean......sorry......!!!!!!!!

Jack79Sparrow, 06 Jul 2019I Try Many Times to Updated via HiSuite but nothing new! first clear data your hicare app and then click check update option

to sima.......Bactery not bad you must put must time de wi-fi and the put localization torn off as well ........put it in ultrasave batery an tur it on just when you need.
NEVER LEAVE ALL NIGHT CHARGEING BUT LITE CARGES ----

• Sima

Phone is great, specially permformance, build quality and screen size, all perfect, but battery! I didn't expect such a drain from this phone, just the battery no other thing to regeret

• Nokia3310

Great phone.

update to android oreo in portugal.......when..?????????
are you sleeping or joking....''''??????????
no more honor or huawei

Great phone but it really was not given its due respect by Huawei, no Oreo or Pie update for FRD-L04 at all, even though its more than capable. Like I said, its a great phone, especially the size, but battery could be nicer and Android update could have improved the battery life as well. I think if I get another Huawei phone, the Nova series are fantastic.

• Jack79Sparrow

Anonymous, 05 Jul 2019@Jack79Sparrow update oreo via pc HiSuiteI Try Many Times to Updated via HiSuite but nothing new!

@Jack79Sparrow update oreo via pc HiSuite

• Jack79Sparrow

my device still on version andriod 7.0 (C185) and they told me we "waiting until the oreo update arrive to middle east" even this year the andriod pie is the newest update from google!

• Victor A

I am from Romania and I just talked to a Huawei rep. She told me that version 8.0.0.521(C432) has recently been released for this country / this part of the globe, and will come soon to my device as well. Maybe this will help some people...