Honor 8X

Honor 8X

ok about bad 4G signal you found a problem in your operator for LTE bands, but for the camera problem , I can say that my camera has even a lot of improvements after pie update but it's different from yours, because my model is JSN-L21 \ 64GB -storage \ 4GB Ram, and camera launch speed is less than a second, I'm sorry for you, but be patient and in the next 2 \ 3 months you will get at the latest android 10 update and I believe that your problem will be solved.

pane, 29 Nov 2019Your comment is kinda weird, because everything you wrote is jus... moreI have the JSN-L22 (APAC model, 128GB storage, 4GB RAM). I dunno. Even when I did a factory reset of the phone, camera launch speed was not great (my 3 year old iPhone 7 Plus would launch the camera instantly whereas the 8X would take sometime from 3 to 5 seconds based on my usage). Perhaps my baseline for performance was the iPhone, and I am just utterly disappointed it's not as fast in terms of camera launching. Even my friend's two year old entry level Xiaomi phone was faster, and I don't even have a lot of stuff to bog my phone down.

As for signal quality, I think that the model sold in my country (the Philippines) just doesn't have a great selection of LTE bands for the networks in my country. I didn't factor this into consideration before buying the phone, so I guess that's my mistake because I was assuming it would have all the bands I need.

Bottomline is that it was a great phone in 2018. Back then, camera was very snappy (on par with iPhones then), but after the emui 9 update, it just went downhill. If someone here's planning on getting this phone, I'd suggest another model (or brand altogether). For the same money, you could get much much better hardware in 2019.

Your comment is kinda weird, because everything you wrote is just the opposite of that, i've been using it for a year now and i have no such problems at all and this phone is rocket-fast and the camera is no lag and the pictures are great and the 9.1 update just improved phone operation, and finally around the 4G network signal there surely your operator has a weak signal or,, go to settings, wireless & networks, mobile network, preferential network mode and mark 4G \ 3G \ 2G AUTO, and then check the signal because with me it's always at 4G in every time even though i live in a part covered with a hill that hides network antennas, just to mention that this phone has a new network antenna
which is 9 times stronger than the previous models.

• Angelcho

Nice===

Anonymous, 20 Nov 2019Can any one tell me about signal strength and 4g net reception a... morePersonally, 4G reception is not as great as competing phones. Case in point, I have an iPhone 7 Plus. Under the same network inside my home, I get LTE on the iPhone whereas the 8X only gets 3G/HSPA+. Even on my older android phone (Galaxy J7 Prime), I was getting 4G inside my house. Also, after updating to Android Pie, it's not as fast as it was on Oreo. This is especially true for the camera app which is constantly lagging all of the time. I tried a factory reset, but it didn't fix the issue. If you're looking to buy this phone, I would suggest getting Xiaomi instead. From my friends' experience, great software update and very snappy software.

• pane

Gary , 24 Nov 2019Thank u Pane. Much appreciated. anytime

• Gary

gary, 22 Nov 2019so the honor 8x is a awesome phone, I have one. yes it is super ... moreThank u Pane. Much appreciated.

• Xul

just bought this phone almost 2week now awesome but a bit disappointed it lacks of fast charging tech but its okay i still can get 50% charged at half an hour using fast charging cables,at 1st i wanna go on xiaomi mi 9 se but the price arent affordable here .. I've made lot of survey on this 8X and its satisfied me with
LTE cat12/13 600mbps(download) / 150mbps (upload) modem no wonder the network speed arent bad on 4g coverage its fast,so I've heard 8X will get emui 10/ android 10 update on Q2 2020 (stables update) cant wait for it hope huawei can make it fast..

the official answer of Huawei Support -Max @MartT ,,The app transfer option to the SD card has been removed for security reasons. Transferring apps to the SD card can cause the phone to freeze frequently, and so the option was removed to ensure a good functionality of the phone.

• gary

so the honor 8x is a awesome phone, I have one. yes it is super fast on 4g/lte. but how do u transfer your apps and games to the sd card?? I have been trying but cant seem to find a way to do it.

• Realemmy

Anonymous, 20 Nov 2019Can any one tell me about signal strength and 4g net reception a... moreI'm currently using the phone, battery is top notch and quite fast but signal isn't as stable as the huawei P10. However it is a good phone for the budget.

• pane

Anonymous, 20 Nov 2019Can any one tell me about signal strength and 4g net reception a... more the antenna on the Honor 8X to have up to 9-times stronger connectivity, and faster reconnecting after losing network access.

Can any one tell me about signal strength and 4g net reception at places of bad coverage

• Yama

The best!!!!!!

Chiptle, 13 Nov 2019An absolute scam. You have to be sure of which model you're buyi... moreYou either mistaken the posting page or don't own this phone at all, because no Honor 8X has 5G but it's 4G, so if you accidentally bought a bad replica, then they screwed you up badly, because the original Honor 8X is rocket-fast and after a year of use, I can say that I would choose it again, I am very grateful to Honor for producing great phones.

this is a 4g phone if you have problems it is up to your provider (Airtel) which does not provide a 4g signal in your area. however, go to settings - mobile network - preference network mode - and mark 4G

• sybcity

Chiptle, 13 Nov 2019An absolute scam. You have to be sure of which model you're buyi... moreI'm not even shure there are models with 5g but that it is slow I can not agree on because I have had mine for a year and is full of apps but works as a new one. And a burnin with an lcd, to my knowledge it only happens with oled.

• hez

pane, 28 Oct 2019what? chek your internet provider, this device has rocket speed, Airtel 4G Is not supported on this phone. is there any way to go about this?

An absolute scam. You have to be sure of which model you're buying first. First major mistake on my part. Some models don't come with a 5G wifi network system. Secondly, it's slow after just 6 months of using it. Screen had a permanent black line on it even after taking precautions such as buying a screen protector, a hard case and just in general not dropping it at all. They wouldn't even give me a new one.

Just do yourself a favor and buy a better phone than Honor.

• mfilip

pane, 10 Nov 2019Simple answer is no, i'm not an expert but the device uses only ... moreMobile data are not used because wi-fi signal is strong and is not checked if wi-fi is having an access to internet. Thank you for your hint about Developer options but I don't want to use this solution. I'm afraid I can use either a Waze or ELM327 and not both at the same time