HP Elite x3

HP Elite x3

• ?
  • LtJ
  • 07 Aug 2020

nickmane, 11 Jul 2020well, if you dont know, windows phone lived for 10 years. n... moreIt was released in 2010 and discontinued in 2015, only lived 5 years, las year that received support was 2019. (security patches)

• nickmane
    • 0Z%
    • 11 Jul 2020

well, if you dont know, windows phone lived for 10 years. not 2...

• ?
      • pJ$
      • 29 May 2020

This is a fantastic high quality phone, if you are not bothered with apps. The only issue is the camera, which is rubbish.

Windows Live Tiles is genius and that is what is preventing me from IOS or Android. Dull.

May 2020.

• 14 Apr 2020

Still use in 2020 ;)

• 26 Dec 2019

Anonymous, 21 Mar 2019Microsoft will be ending all support for Windows 10 Mobile ... morePeople, look up some things that are going on with windows mobile platform like people hacking and reprogramming it to work more freely, update etc, there are millions of loyal programmers and hacker types, that are doing things on the down low, they have gotten windows desktop on mobile, they have gotten ways to upgrade the 8 to 10 so you can now get apps again since 12-16-19 they stopped it for 8/8.1. Upgrade to Android if you want it but I want windows 10, thats why I am buying a $75.00 4gb 21 MP 256 GB SD card Alcatel Idol, the 950, or maybe the Acer jade liquid all with similar specs, I like the iris scanner on the 950. I would buy this HP if I had the money right now. Just broke My 1520 and I am totally fine with it. I dont need Whats App or viber Middle Finger goes up. I like some games, and a lot of the user made apps, that arent going anywhere. I can use browsers for other things like say FB goes off. I dont need the app. To me the platform outweighs the few apps that abandon it. Plus like I said many good things are being done, if you just keep reading, you keep hearing what is going on, people are doing things like its an open source platform almost. They are trying to save the app for people bc the companies have abandoned us. If it can happen to Windows, It can happen to any platform later, at some point, it could be iphone or android, Huawei is making an android-like platform, and they got 1.3 billion people to make apps. Trying to make money. So it can happen to You too. People have to stick together and help each other. God knows the companies wont unless we pay them

• 26 Dec 2019

Jake, 09 Apr 2019Honestly, no. It's not worth it. New app development is a... moreHave you ever had a windows 10 phone? Recently?

• 26 Dec 2019

JohnB, 11 Dec 2019@nicke85 Hi, you can unlock the bootloader. The Elite X3 b... moreThe site says it is. Specifically. I wont be doing it with this phone or at all, Im fine with the 10 OS. Im gonna get a windows 10 phone because of all the things being done and they hae no plans on closing the app store or anything, I keep nothing in my phone, no bank info nothing of value my passwords are worthless, hell theyll hack me and end up in debt! So their security updates wont mean anything to me. Im cool with the way the 10 is now, I dont like that some apps have abandoned the mobile but stayed with the desktop. Its all about money with these greedy pricks. Loyalty means nothing. We stay loyal to whats app, they leave us, or to microsoft they close the app store, like its an XP phone.

• 26 Dec 2019

YUKI93, 16 Dec 2019So true on that. Why bother installing Android on a Windows... moreYou dont have to install android, you can upgrade your 8's to 10s and keep downloading apps, since 8 has now closed the app store. And You can do more from what Ive read

• 26 Dec 2019

I want one now, 2019. Theyve been able to do great things with the windows mobile, underground of course not official. SecureBoot Flaw........ Then Someone else has gotten the actual windows 10 desktop on there. I have had all 3 systems Windows, 8-10, Androids, iphones, and always go back to Windows. Cameras are always a plus. If only, 1, they did more to allow more apps, I guess 200,000 wasnt enough, and 2, not had iphone fanboys getting iphones because Kim Kardashian has one or the likes. That is a thing, followers. The platform, never was as bad, since 8, than people made it out to be, in fact, Ill take 10 over any iphone or android system. I watch reviews of this phone vs something of 2016, where this phone was clearly superior, 10s bugs fixed, and people use it a few days or a week and give it (or any windows phone) a bad review. Why dont I ever have any of these problems? My 1520, 1020, 822, 950 never gae an issue. But I guess these experts, or (youtubers) know best what does any of our opinions matter. Oh Steve Jobs was a god also. I forgot. great man Im sure, what he did with the cell phone wasnt much different than Gates did for the home computer when he released windows. Changed the game. But people made him out to be greedy, monopolizing etc. Somehow Jobs gets different treatment. These are all just technological steps. And this stuff will be primitive in 20 years like Windows 3.1 is now. Point is, why did peopl bash windows, it was clearly a brand that could have served 80% of the population who arent geeks like us, somehow, they didnt buy them, because they had to have an iphone because people are followers. Its guys who dont follow like Jobs and Gates that set trends. IDK, why bother to think of it. Its too late officially, but they sold millions, and have manyof their own fans, so tehyre working on keeping it alive at least for a while,in their own ways. Personally Im excited.

Best phone of 2016 microsoft blows opportunity and burns HP Elite x3 inspired samsung Dex

• 17 Dec 2019

Everybody who want to unlock HP Elite X3, type in google 'SecureBoot flaw for all WP devices, literally',article is from gus33000. There is a way to install WOA or Android on HP Elite X3 by this article.Url is not allowed here. Chears!

JohnB, 28 Nov 2019No way to do it. Each phone has his own drivers: camera, sc... moreSo true on that. Why bother installing Android on a Windows Phone device, it just doesn't make sense when there is already bucket loads of new Android phones on sale.

• Ld5
                          • 12 Dec 2019

Please write how you unlocked bootloader.Steps.I have tried everything and want to install WOA like on lumia.Interoop tools work on HP Elite X3,I can edit registry, but i fail to unlock bootloader with WPinternals. Also I have tried to downgrade to lower build of system.Sent link where is forum thread for unlocked bootloadet to continue writing there.Regards

• J
                            • JohnB
                            • Nfy
                            • 11 Dec 2019

nicke85, 09 Dec 2019Sorry dude but that is actually totally disinformation. Poi... more@nicke85
                            Hi, you can unlock the bootloader. The Elite X3 bootloader is unlockable. I am not an engineer or a developer but no body on most major forum like XDA have tried this and don't know if we can install Arm windows 10 like what developer done Lumia 950.
                            Regards

• 09 Dec 2019

JohnB, 28 Nov 2019No way to do it. Each phone has his own drivers: camera, sc... moreSorry dude but that is actually totally disinformation. Point about android is to use kernel and it can be used on HP Elite X3 also just need to unlock bootloader.I don't ask about branded HP Android version than LineageOS build. Trust me I'm developer..

• J
                                • JohnB
                                • Nfx
                                • 28 Nov 2019

nicke85, 27 Nov 2019Does anyone has success to install aAndroid 10 on this supe... moreNo way to do it. Each phone has his own drivers: camera, screen, battery, etc. So to be able to do that, the engineer must write all these and must know HP Elite X3 code. Go ahead and buy android phone if you want to use for example Whatsapp beyond december 2019.

• 27 Nov 2019

Does anyone has success to install aAndroid 10 on this super phone as chipset is the same like on S7 Edge. With some kind of android it'l be very usuable device :)

• M
                                    • Mara
                                    • snS
                                    • 03 Nov 2019

Best phone ever.HP know what users want.I dont plan to change it ❤

• G
                                      • Guyfawkes
                                      • 0C0
                                      • 22 Sep 2019

Jewelist, 07 Apr 2019Is it worth using HP elite X3 in 2019? And does windows 10 ... moreWorth it I don’t think so it’s sad , just got update early it’s great phone and OS

I have had the HP elite X3 windows phone for about a year with no issues, it is the best phone I have had, very secure good support from HP and a dream to use. After December when windows stops servicing their mobile platform we shall see what happens as I believe HP will come up with a solution and keep the Elite X3 going. Personally I don't like android as it is not secure, full of rubbish which in the main is useless as are most of the apps being loaded to it therefore it must be asked do we need a phone or a toy to play games ? then the answer is we need a secure phone that is secure of which windows was. Looking forward I do hope HP win the challenge to have the X3 working beyond December and into the future, it surely is a smart phone that has it all.