HTC Desire 820

HTC Desire 820

• BunBun

This phone is great for one thing only and thats listening to music, i got it long time ago after stumbling upon phonearena website audio benchmarks where HTC 820 showed the most powerful audio output through its headphone jack. After hunting one down on ebay i can confirm that this phone is incredibly loud for listening to music through headphones. If listening at maximum volume for just few minutes you can hear ringing in you ears for a while after you pulled the earbuds out. That just show what a insanely powerful audio amp this phone has inside. Unfortunately music is the only thing this phone can do in 2020 due to its dated hardware. Weak CPU and a limited 2GB RAM of memory makes this phone "crawl" when using modern apps. Web browsing is slow, facebook and whatsapp can make this phone lag and video calls can drain its battery in a matter of moments. Also the Android 6 update seems to have done more harm than good for this phone as its now making some 3D apps stutter non stop and RAM memory seems to be almost all used up by OS and built in apps alone. If you are a fan of loud music and looking for a budget mp3 player this phone is great as it can take up to 128GB SD Card, but if you are looking for a proper phone for modern apps i would recommend finding one that has at least 3 preferably 4 GB of RAM.

happy that people still remember this phone

• Henry

Miljan, 30 Apr 2019Worst phone ever. Turns off at 13% of battery, twice erased by i... more13%? Better you! My 3yr old HTC Desire 820 simply switches of at around 35%, or even 40%! Even when plugged to charger, it would refure to turn on.

• Miljan

Worst phone ever. Turns off at 13% of battery, twice erased by it self all data, actually sense stopped working and had to do a factory reset.

• Aathill

I use HTC desire it was great phone ever but once you have a problem that phone has useless of Battery problem and charging problem if the user safety should must if u use carefully it works wonderfully.

• basicuser123

I had it for more than three years which it worked great. After hitting the three year mark, it started to slow down, but nothing that can not be tolerated. For a basic user, nothing to fancy, works just great!

Anonymous, 13 Dec 2017Used this phone for 16 months. Didn't have a good experience. Th... morei got the same problem too. I'm using the phone for only one and half year from now. #poorservice

• Dilwar

My phone to much problem always showing all log tools are stopped and bettry over temperature

• Tuhin

This phone is really awesome good . I used it. It's damn good for slim boddy, big screen and it's best phone for schreen short.

Uns, 16 Feb 2018Google play service is not supporting In my phone... No playstore.. Try to update to latest firmware, Android 6.0.1. Then save all your data to a computer and do a FACTORY RESET! It will work!

I have just got it (March 2018) and I must say it exceeded my expectations. Updated RIGHT away to Android 6.0.1, have hot used it with KitKat at all.
After I have installed all the basic applications that I use (Navigation, e-mail, banking, Insta, Twitter, home utilities apps, backgammon etc), still have 6 GB free and it runs PERFECT smooth. NO FACEBOOK OR WhatsApp since those apps kill any phone (grow in memory like crazy) and I don't use those since they are crap social networks.
THE USER INTERFACE is awesome, intuitive and a joy to use - very fast and smooth. The Screen is not the best but is very good, no LAG and I like the lower resolution since it drains less juice. The case is very nice to the touch and seems tough and well made (i hate glass and metal cases).
The battery could have been bigger but it's enough (I dont't like non removable!).
The camera is OK, but I don't care about cameras in Phones.
So it's a really nice phone to use, has more than enough CPU POWER for all day to day apps, has fast software and user interface and I like it a lot!
It will be perfect as long as you don't fill up the memory and do a FACTORY RESET AFTER OS UPDATE!!!

• Uns

Google play service is not supporting In my phone... No playstore..

• ChEtNa

Excellent phone, must buy. I purchased this phone when it got launched at 25000/-.& believe me its worth spending that much. its more than 3.5 yrs & phone is working excellent. Many time it fallen from my hands but still, no issues till now, working superb.
Camera is excellent , fast performance, the screen size is just perfect length & breath wise , sleek , stylish & attractive design.
A must must !! buy phone !!!

Anonymous, 13 Dec 2017Used this phone for 16 months. Didn't have a good experience. Th... moreChange the charger and check.

ARUN, 22 Jan 2018my rear camera max is 8mp From camera settings -- resolution- adjust it to large ( 16:9)
it will work with 13 MP.

• ARUN

my rear camera max is 8mp

Battery is verst

• Puneet

Kushalava, 21 Dec 2017If you see above screen it showing Android 4.4.2 up to 6.0.1 but... moreHi, i'm using android 6.0.1 since february 2017. Go to sytem updates amd check for update

• Jafar

This phone made me a hater of htc. after using this for a week , I never bought any htc mobiles.