HTC Desire Z

HTC Desire Z

• deo

Anonymous, 17 Jul 2011Can someone tell.me.about.its battery life. About how long it ca... morehi,m using this fone since 4 months and found battery is quite good.you need not to worry for full day of havy use.

plz guys help me,i want to buy a phone with big screen and qwerty..main requirements are good camera,document editor,lots of typing and surfing.full flash support in browser.also which one is to be chosen as OS,symbian or android.also let me know if i can install jar,sis files in android without any hassles?can HTC desire Z fulfill my requirements?are the applications in android market free and can they all be installed irrespective of the android version?can this handset be updated over the air?what is the lowest indian market price of this handset?pls help me as soon as you can..

Can someone tell.me.about.its battery life. About how long it can.be.use.in full charge and how.long it is.need to charge.. Pls

AnonD-13835, 14 Jul 2011Yes! the official gingerbread update for HTC desire Z is now ava... more@Johan: By the way, can you tell me where did you downloaded it?is it custom rom or official rom?

Updated to 2.3.3. My comment on news article:

So, i updated my phone an here are some benchmarks:

#Benchmark name, Android 2.2, Android 2.3, Increase
Benchmark Pi, 1307, 1409, +7%
Fps2D, 57.5, 57.5, 0%
Linpack for Android (single thread), 33.54183, 33.85933, +0.95%
Linpack for Android (multi thread), 28.848, 29,143166, +1%
Neocore, 57.63, 57.63, 0%
Quadrant Standard, 1512.66, 1350.33, -10,7%

First thing i like in new android is tabbed notification area. With Quick Settings tab i can manage my connections very fast and i don't need a widget anymore on my screen to manage these connections. For some reason HTC Picasa Web Albums process is crashing constantly, i mean all the time. I force close it and after a while it crashes again. About tests - all these test results are average of 6 runs and done after restart of system. Most of tests show a small increase of score but Quadrant somehow shows decrease of score. I'm not sure why. On android 2.2, Quadrant was above Nexus One and I was very happy about it, but on 2.3.3, it's about the same.
I am in Estonia and I got update number 242.405.2, not the same as mentioned in this article. This is the new update, there wasn't any yesterday.
One thing more about notification area Quick Settings. I had already one problem with connection to mobile data. I checked it and it started to connect to but something went wrong i guess and it said "Turning on..." and nothing happened. Then I tried to uncheck it and check it again to try again, but it wouldn't uncheck it. I had to use a widget to disconnect and connect again.
So, overall, I expected a lot more from this update and looks like HTC needs to do some more works on (atleast) that version. I really hope that atleast battery life gets a little bit better.

• dennis

Guys update is arrived in holland so update friends!!!!!

Greetz

Dennis htc ,

thahapa, 12 Jul 2011Yes, rooting it is very worth it and has very little to no risk.... moreIt is very easy to completely brick Z when trying to root, it is definetly NOT riskfree!

AnonD-13835, 14 Jul 2011Yes! the official gingerbread update for HTC desire Z is now ava... morePlease, let us know how well it works. What has improved? What can be better?

Yes! the official gingerbread update for HTC desire Z is now available, I just downloaded it

• Donatas

Official 2.3 android for desire z available. I am from Lithuania.

in your opinion which is the best ROM to available for desire z?

• jam

Yes, rooting and flashing new roms is pretty much risk free, just make sure u read first, go to xda developers site.
Also overclocking allows you to underclock when the screen is off, improving battery life. The batterry lasts lomger now than the stock rom. Dont be worried about doing it as u wont regret it..

• thahapa

Yes, rooting it is very worth it and has very little to no risk. Just go to cyanogenmod forums and check it out.
super fast, smooth and overclocks to 1.5GHz :)
so many more possibilities.

moe, 08 Jul 2011hi ... please i am going to buy htc desire z but i want to know ... moresure u can root it! to do that u have to visit XDA developers forum. search it there.. even though i didn't root my desire z and waiting for the official 2.3 update! the risk of losing my phone kept me away from rooting it :(

jam, 10 Jul 2011Great phone, had it for 6 months, now running gingerbread with s... more1700mhz!!!! woow thats alot! how is ur battery?
is it easy to install that rom?

• Imtiaz

jam, 10 Jul 2011Great phone, had it for 6 months, now running gingerbread with s... morehow you update the OS?

• jam

Great phone, had it for 6 months, now running gingerbread with sense 3.0 (unity rom), with the processor overclocked to 1700mhz! super fast, and very stable. still the best phone on the market IMO.

Very good phone,used it for 2 weeks, performance is outstanding,currently I have NOVA,Backstab,and Order and Chaos,gaming on this phone is super fast,worth the money,and the Internet supports adobe flash player so you can surf the web like on a desktop,to all who is still thinking twice about this phone,get it, I could have get the sensation,but I'd rather go with this one.

• phonesearch884

Is this a good phone for a 12 year old? Because I'm finding a phone that is quick in surfing the web and has good quality for music, pictures and videos.

paul, 06 Jul 2011i have a htc desire and had it stolen they have offered me desir... moreGet the Desire Z. Its a lot better and I think it can upgrade to 2.3.