HTC ThunderBolt 4G

HTC ThunderBolt 4G

• Iwantbobux

Cellphone, more like hellphone

Anonymous, 06 Sep 2018Are you joking, you ordered a device 7½ years after ... moreThunderbolt is still a great phone in 2018 and really built for multimedia entertainment, such as Tunein radio via Wifi. That huge speaker on backside really booms with that kickstand !

Anonymous, 06 Sep 2018Are you joking, you ordered a device 7½ years after ... moreTo the "Anonymous" on Sep 06 2018 ... you were quite rude to Her_Day_Tune_G, lots of folks have many reasons to buy discontinued phones that are several years old. I looked it up, in the part of the world that person lives, cells networks are quite a step behind North America and still firmly grounded in 2G & 3G technology, they are only beginning to make headway into rolling out 4G in their larger cities, so such a phone as a Thunderbolt still makes very good sense for persons in that country. Know the facts before you post.

Her_Day_Tune_G, 12 May 2018I just ordered for this device but my sim does not work on ... moreAre you joking, you ordered a device 7½ years after its launch??? LMAO!!!!

• Her_Day_Tune_G

I just ordered for this device but my sim does not work on it. Any hint/help on how to go about it will be appreciated. I'm in Nigeria

• emily

Honestly, this was the slowest phone I have ever owned. I've had my fair share of "budget phones" from Straight Talk and the like, and this one was the only one I've wanted to slam against a wall out of frustration. I had even factory reset it and re-installed less than 10 apps, and it was so sluggish and unusable I just gave up on it and bought a new one. I don't know how this has good reviews, seriously.

i have htc thunder bolt model number ADR6400L but how can i unlock it sim card please advise me?

Five years old and still runs like brand new. Don't ya miss the days before planned obsolescence!! Most of my new phones have died out after a little over a year, and everytime I reactivate my Thunderbolt before getting a new phone! :-)

• TJ

"It's not your dream phone, its the one after that" I love my TB. so sad I had to upgrade because the Sirius app wouldn't work with Gingerbread 2.3.4, otherwise I would still be using it. ICS absolutely ruined this phone, to the point I broke it on the ground but I still have my Gingerbread TB to use for a backup.

• thunderbolt user

this is a great phone
i can play high games like gta sa , gta vc, modern combat 2,3,4 , six guns , nova 3, need for speed most wanted, shadow gun , dues ex , fifa 14, fifa 13,fifa 12 , gangstar rio , gangstar vegas (low settings) , crazy taxi , gt racing 2 , asphalt 6,7,8 , and critical ops
now iam going to try brothers in arms 3 and modern combat 5
this phone a good battery life and a great camera , i loved this phone and i wish if htc is going to launch thunderbolt 2

i have one here in guyana but too bad i never knew that it only works with verizon/sprint :) But the Phone is Pretty COOL

its not your dream phone, it's beyond it.
still love my thunderbolt, pretty kicking ass with sturdy kickstand :D

Hello Is This device operates on the GSM network in northern Iraq?

AG, 18 Nov 2014CDMA restricts phone to verizon or sprint networks or a MVN... moreAre you saying that if there is no sim card in this phone I can use it on a 3g network automatically?

• AG

janith, 23 Mar 2014its possible to use any sim?? how can i unlock it?/CDMA restricts phone to verizon or sprint networks or a MVNO that uses the CDMA networks.

You can only buy a 4G LTE SIM for Verizon or Sprint for this phone otherwise no SIM card is used or needed and you will be automatically on the 3G network.

Unlock a phone following YouTube video or pay a local reputable cell phone repair shop to handle it.
If you have a Sprint phone & want Verizon THEN IF same phone is being used by Verizon sometimes you can find a bored Verizon tech to unlock and/ or flash a 3G phone so it will also work on 4G LTE network with a Verizon SIM.

• AG

chichi, 12 Feb 2014how can i unlock it and use it in another carrier?You can purchase 2 types of phones

CDMA which work for Verizon and Sprint I believe

or

GSM which work for T-Mobile, AT&T and internationally.

First you need to buy the phone for the network you need.
Most T-Mobile/ AT&T phones work on each others network w/o any issues just get the network SIM card and do a scan for the correct network. My friend's phone finds AT&T & T-Mobile networks so she bought an AT&T SIM card and switch to AT&T GO plan from T-Mobile w/o any issues b/c T-Mobile in the Bay Area really sucks for coverage---even inside T-Mobile stores she wasn't getting consistent coverage & they blamed her phone yet she has had zero issues with it on AT&T.

Second look up your phone on youtube and it will show you how to unlock for free so you can travel with it outside US.

Otherwise you get a CDMA phone for Verizon or Sprint and again go to youtube to unlock it.

• janith

its possible to use any sim??
how can i unlock it?/

guest, 07 Oct 2013OS 4.xx will work great if you're under-coverage of verizon... moreI read it can be upgraded to ice cream.

• chichi

how can i unlock it and use it in another carrier?

awlia afghan, 02 Aug 2013who can i enable my thunderbolt in pakistanYou can use vptcl sim in htc thunderbolt 4G in pakistan.