HTC TyTN

HTC TyTN

• ferdinand

I've lost the battery where i can buy the new one I'm from jakarta indonesia and how much is the price

• me

AnonD-74082, 01 Oct 2012i have deleted the USB driver. How do i re-install or get it back?I don't recall ever having a drivers'cd. i believe the phone should be recognised after automatical installation of drivers.
that's what happened with w7. i just plugged the phone in and it ende up being recognised

Have you tried different usb ports?
Have you tried to (re)install or connect via "Windows Mobile Device Center"? It's on windows support website.
Can you try any other computer to check if it does recognise your phone?

If everything else fails, i'd suggest contacting htc and presenting the problem. maybe they'll have a solution.

AnonD-74082, 01 Oct 2012i have deleted the USB driver. How do i re-install or get it back?Try to connect other to usb doors.
I do not have any drivers' cd and my tytn gets "recognised"by w7.

You might even try to connect to contact htc and see if they can help out.

i have deleted the USB driver. How do i re-install or get it back?

• nickNAME

Download Esmertec jbed.CAB ... run operamini java

• sheila

What a brilliant phone this is!

Way ahead of its time: the keyboard lights up when in dark environments; it has got flash/light both for videos and photos.
The TYTN even has video calling and mine is currently running WM 6.5 (stock Rom) without lagging.
Very pleased, as I have a perfectly operational phone and I'm not missing anything essential.

• tytn

aboka, 19 Aug 2012i am happy about my htc tytn but i need help about my front came... moreWhenever you press call (the green phone symbol) you get "video" option. If you press it, you'll be automatically placing a video call and the front camera will turn on.

I don't use it any other way, but it is really useful to make video calls and it works just fine.

• aboka

i am happy about my htc tytn but i need help about my front camera pls help me thank you

The TYTN is a beautiful classic.

Video calls, touch screen, physical keyboard, GPS via bluetooth, Infra-Red connection, flash camera and videos recording, hot swappable memory cards, dedicated camera button..
These are only some of the features let down by current phones.
The list is endless for how far ahead and how complete this phone was in its time and how it remains a solid, fully functional piece of equipment...
... not so long ago.

• Dopod838pro

This phone is great except the QWERTY
keyboard...

• didee

This has to be the most complete phone on the
market. wifi, 3G, Qwerty...the best

A timeless classic.
A vintage phone that still works perfectly!

• javi

Here's my "right arm" phone.

Every time you need a true reliable phone, anytime you need to take your phone on your bike, if it is rainy, dusty, wet or hazardous, then the TYTN steps in.

It has stood almost everything and it still performs flawlessly.
Both cameras, the macro mode, the lighted keyboard, the BT connection (hence, GPS). Reallycan't complain.
Everything works with this phone.

That is why I still get amazed at this phone's reliability and functionalities.

Great phone, indeed!

• sheila

Mohamed Ragab, 22 May 2012this phone is the best one i have used ever and still working on... moresame her. best phone i've ever had. fine built quality and still pertforming perfectly. i've also bought a gps antenna so i'm not missing anything: phone, photos, videos, video calling, gps, games, full lighted keyboard, this phone has got it all.

• Mohamed Ragab

this phone is the best one i have used ever and still working on os 6.5 perfectly

JOSEPH, 18 May 2012somebody help me, i don´t know how connect to my htc tytn ... moreNot to worry.

Make sure you turn Bluetooth ON and keep your TYTN and the antenna close together.

Standard values I use:

COM PORT: 9
Baud Rate: 38400

Anyway, if you've got a programme such as "GPS Viewer" try other connections' definitions to find out which suit you better.

On your first fix (also called a "cold fix") be aware you'll have to wait... sometimes for as much as 10 minutes.

Your antenna needs to receive signal from different satellites (the more, the better and more accurate will be your positioning).

Try to stand beneath clear blue skies. Avoid tall buildings, physical obstacles, and don't even try doing it inside a building!

In fact, the first time it will take A LOT of time, but - from then on - fixes will be much quicker and won't take more than a minute, except if you reconnect far from the place you've disconnected and the antenna needs to fix satellites from completely different coordinates.

External antennas tend to work better than internal (inside the phone).
I've experienced it in bad weather and especially when travelling through tunnels. Phone GPS lose signal and my (external)antenna doesn't!

The TYTN is capable of functioning perfectly as a GPS receiver.
I wish the screen was a bit better, but then again, I still hav everything modern phones have AND 3G video calls which is something Android is trying to kill.

A word of advice: Be patient... it will work just fine! =)

Lubna, 19 May 2012I bought this fone in 2006 and still have it smart,,,wayyy ahead... moreI agree!
This phone is a true timeless masterpiece! =)

• PG

This phone is amazing and seems to be built to last... forever! =)

• PG

JOSEPH, 18 May 2012somebody help me, i don´t know how connect to my htc tytn ... moreNot to worry:
> Establish a Bluetooth connection with the antenna via:

Com Port: 9
Baud Rate: 38400

That's standard procedure.
If you've got "GPS Viewer", or any similar programme installed you ma try different settings and choose the one you feel works better/more reliably.

Don't forget, first time fix or "cold fix" as it is sometimes referred to, is always veeeeery slow.

Please, be patient.
Keep both the antenna and the phone close together.
Try to connect the TYTN and the antenna under a clear,blue sky.
Avoid tall buildings or physical obstacles.

The following satellite fixes will be much faster, as the antenna willl have coordinates stored.

Anyway, every time you try to fix your position far away from the place you've last disconnected, it will be a slower process, as the antenna needs to fix the position from different satellites.

At the end of the day, you'll be able to fix and mantan position better than with internal antennas, namely when travelling through tunnels.
An external antenna is not as inconvenient as it may seem at the beginning. You'l see.

I wish you patience and... Good Luck! =)

• Lubna

I bought this fone in 2006 and still have it smart,,,wayyy ahead of its time....cant feel like changing it....Everything works soooooo perfect ....even battery time after sooo many years is 2 days :)