Huawei Mate 20

Huawei Mate 20

Devoman1000, 11 May 2020I originally had a Mate 9 and really liked it so I decided ... moreI have also recently purchased the Mate Lite 20 and have had so many problems.... It shuts down apps suddenly and often...closes pages randomly, flicks pages and apps from one to the other... Super jumpy.... Sound is terrible, continually returns to the top of the page when browsing, without cause. Basically just does its own thing. Extremely disappointed

Anonymous, 03 Jun 2020Hi there here's the difference between Mate 20 and Mate 20 ... morethis is the difference...

Display IPS LCD- oled display mate 20 pro
low resolution on mate 20
4000 mah mate 20 -4200mah mate 20pro
22,5w charger mate 20 -40w mate 20 pro
and camera photo are low than mate 20 pro
Fingerprint scanner are under display to mate 20 pro.
mate 20 have fingerprint on back

Anonymous, 29 Apr 2020I got one because I wanted a larger one, I had a xperia xz3... moreHi there here's the difference between Mate 20 and Mate 20 pro.

Mate 20 uses lcd display while Mate 20pro uses oled curve display. Both are running on Kirin 980 (7nm) chipset

This phone might just have the highest screen to body ratio for a flat screen phone

I originally had a Mate 9 and really liked it so I decided to stay with Huawei. I wanted a bigger screen so I decided to get the Mate 20 instead of the Mate 20 Pro. For me it was a terrible decision. The Mate 20 has been one of the worst phones I have ever had. From the initial flimsy screen protector which is only for cosmetic purposes but had already come off in the box prior to being opened. Through to illusive/elusive Huawei Customer Service both deceptive and hard to catch. The screen is almost impossible to see in sunlight no matter how much adapting or altering of the settings. The sound is awful and caller reception poor. The Touchscreen is beyond compare, its like something akin to a 90's basic model.

Despite contacting Huawei and informing them of the problems its like they read from a well rehearsed script. Send the phone back which in itself is fair enough but at this stage I just want rid of the thing. Its been the most frustrating and tetchy phone I have ever had the misfortune to own. I have read the reviews on here and wonder if I am the only one who has had this experience with the phone. Most reviews rave about it but I have never been so fed up with a phone in my life. Even the basic functions like Texting is an ordeal it makes its words up (doesn't matter how you set the text options) and tapping to make a call is a lottery sometimes it works and other times it will not respond at all. Apps work intermittently and control options/back buttons not at all.

This will be my last Huawei its just not worth it. Almost forgot the frustration of waiting for Updates and Security Patches. Turning off and on and resetting is pointless so Huawei come on - come clean what's gone wrong. Surely this is either a production/manufacturing fault or I have been incredibly unfortunate to get the one faulty phone which has been allowed to get through the final inspection process undetected. I am willing to be proven wrong but to date that hasn't happened. Huawei just provide a Replacement Phone.

Shui8, 30 Apr 2020First, XZ3 is OLED, Mate 20 is LCD. Also be aware that i... moreI know that, the oled xz3 panel is really really good! But I thought the difference wasn't so much, but only in the white, the rest of the spectrum is really good. And I was reading same reviews and this is eye friendly so... The color is more worm!

Anonymous, 29 Apr 2020I got one because I wanted a larger one, I had a xperia xz3... moreFirst, XZ3 is OLED, Mate 20 is LCD.

Also be aware that it got two screen supplier, JDI (bluish) & Sharp (yellowish). If your screen bit bluish/yellowish, easily change the color temp in settings base on your liking (to warm/cool, more natural white).

Mate 20 Pro should be better of course, as it using OLED, same as XZ3.

SashTH, 30 Apr 2020I already bought Huawei P30 and it's perfect for the camera... moreYeah sorry not headphone but loose the IR blaster. Great choice u made there. I bought Mate 20 right after it launch (no P30 available yet). But fully satisfied anyway.

Shui8, 29 Apr 2020I've own Mate 20. But if given the choice, I'll take P30 ov... moreI already bought Huawei P30 and it's perfect for the camera also there is a headphone jack on the device, I was between mate 20 bc of the big size but I prefer more of the quality photos that make me to choose P30, thanks for your help and advises, I appreciate it 🙏

I got one because I wanted a larger one, I had a xperia xz3 and this is... Not better but I like more, but my screen compared with the xz3 is a big downsize in quality!! I bought second hand mate 20 with warranty, I want to ask if you compare the mate 20 with pro version you see the difference specially in the white screen?

SashTH, 25 Apr 2020In compare with Huawei P30 which one is better? I've own Mate 20. But if given the choice, I'll take P30 over Mate 20 anyday. More compact, good OLED screen, better camera (especially main lens).

But u loose the headphone jack though.

Shui8, 09 Apr 2020Your welcome. And thank you back, lol.In compare with Huawei P30 which one is better?

A very nice mobile phone with excellent features. It is great for doing bussines tasks, watching movies and playing games. It has great camera that captures high quality pictures.

Shui8, 18 Apr 2020Seems like a misunderstanding conversion lol. I'm not talki... moreI've got it now.
I use 'Photos' as image viewer.

Morsel, 18 Apr 2020Well now I don't use any photo editor. I used to use the sa... moreSeems like a misunderstanding conversion lol. I'm not talking about photo editor, but on EXIF data (image info about device name, exposure, aperture & etc.) since u've ask for original photo.

But nevermind.

Shui8, 18 Apr 2020Your welcome. What do u mean by details? EXIF data? If u... moreWell now I don't use any photo editor. I used to use the same as your samples were edited by. Now I exited the photography(nonprofessional).

Morsel, 18 Apr 2020Thanks. I wanted to see the details. Edited version wasn't... moreYour welcome. What do u mean by details? EXIF data?

If using Windows 7 stock Photo Viewer, after photo edited, cannot see the EXIF data. Using Picasa or Exif Viewer, u can see it even after edited.

Not sure about newer Windows 10 Photo Viewer.

Shui8, 18 Apr 2020Sure, here it is - https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1... moreThanks.
I wanted to see the details. Edited version wasn't providing any.

Morsel, 18 Apr 2020Would you please provide the original photos of macro shots... moreSure, here it is - https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1HXlaVBD_1UG1DGsB3paVLKmLKHve08E8

Shui8, 07 Apr 2020These are taken by my Mate 20: Main/Telephoto lens - htt... moreWould you please provide the original photos of macro shots rather than the edited ones ?