Huawei Mate 8

Huawei Mate 8

This is an excellent phone but but but ................

The camera is nothing compared to samsung's cameras.
I had to customize the entire phone from launcher in this case using the nova launcher using my own phone software.
The phone is the chinese version and the UI is not very nice my opinion.

Solution for the camera is to install software from google play store.
Installing the google launcher is very tricky and needs some strange workaround to be found on youtube it be same as installing on a xiaomi phone.

Otherwise very snappy phone super fast .
At times the wifi can be fast but very slow going down to kb even bytes.

Again I install a wifi manager from google play store which seemed to have improved this.

Still if you need a good camera and not very technical and don't like all this work arounds stick to known brands in this case nexus p6 does a lot more for you !

• FM

marq, 10 Feb 2016Pedometers and Call recorders do not work on this Mate8, but wor... moreI am disappointed too.
Call recording is an important feature. I Huawei do not solve this immediately, their device will not be recommended by users,

• vick

ICE, 16 Feb 2016Hi, yes, the Mate 8 has a notification light. This phone has som... moreThanks mate!

What is the edge of mate 8 compared to note 5?

Hi Guys,

I am thinking of buying one of these 3 phones, what do you think?

Sony Xperia Z5 Premium Dual
Huawei mate 8
Samsung Galaxy Note5 Duos

Thanks a lot to your support

• Siddiq

Boss, 17 Feb 2016Does anyone know if Mate 8 will come to USA? I know I can get it... moreI love huawei 8 mate very nice mobile

• note 5 user

Mostafa Oraby, 18 Feb 2016i have been using the Mate 8 for one week and its an AWESOME pho... morewhich one you found better, right now i am using note 5 duos, how you found mate 8

• malik

HELP ME, 18 Feb 2016Could anyone please help me decide on which mobile I'm going to ... moremate s is the best phone 64 gb

mate 8 and the next P9 which is good.

Mikah, 14 Feb 2016Hie Im a proud owner of Huawei mate 7. The phone is amazing. It... moreYou proud owner of mate 7 or mate 8????

i have been using the Mate 8 for one week and its an AWESOME phone,
only downside which is really annoying is that the vibration intensity of notifications is very low to the point that if i set the phone on vibration only mode, i miss a lot of notifications (i guess that should be fixed in a future software update )

other than that i'm really loving the screen to body ratio and the 6" seems perfect (coming from note5)

• ghaith_84

AnonD-195163, 17 Feb 2016How's the camera performance in snapping photos? many reviews sa... morefront camera is not good enough,once i wanna to shoot video or even sefie,screen show choppy waves , it let me down

• HELP ME

Could anyone please help me decide on which mobile I'm going to buy. I am confused which one to buy, GALAXY NOTE 5, SAMSUNG S6 PLUS or HUAWEI MATE 8 PREMIUM. All the feature are almost the same, but I'm seeking for the excellent OVERALL quality. Please help me.

• ALI

Beautiful design with nice colour

• Jeff

AnonD-195163, 17 Feb 2016How's the camera performance in snapping photos? many reviews sa... moreThe camera performance is good in daylight but night time shots suffer from noise due to the small size of the camera sensor.

• AnonD-195163

Jeff, 16 Feb 2016Hmm! Looks like I finally managed to solve the lack 4K recordin... moreHow's the camera performance in snapping photos? many reviews saying that it's only good on paper (specifications), in real life it's just average ...

Qashi, 16 Feb 2016Can someone tell me that which colour will look more premium in handsI'm using mocha gold colour. In my point of view it is the most beautiful and premium colour among all. Golden colour is very common now a days in almost all brands. So it no more looks cool and different in your hands. One of my friend has bought golden colour. But my mocha brown looks more stylish when we compare . Now the choice is yours.

• Boss

Does anyone know if Mate 8 will come to USA? I know I can get it easily on amazon but worry about the guarantee after buying it in case of when it is broken.

thX :)

• Jeff

Hmm!
Looks like I finally managed to solve the lack 4K recording capability on this phone.
I installed Open Camera app from play store and under Open Camera app settings enabled Force 4K option.
Now I am able to record 4K videos using my Huawei Mate 8 using the Open Camera app.
Now this phone feels even better than before, as I told before the hardware was clearly capable of recording 4K videos, the phones major shortcoming was it's improperly implemented camera app, Open Camera solved that shortcoming.