Huawei Mate X2

Huawei Mate X2

What a beautiful phone with scary price!!!

• steve ve

succesfully installed playstore in my Xs, looking forward to upgrading to X2 when this gets released internationally

• Harmony

the Huawei mate x2 is a very grate phone and i belive that huawei will be the world best phone

• Kev

Huawei doesn't even have 10 million Kirin 9000s, and over 4 million were dedicated to the Mate 40-series.

There will probably be 4 million P50 devices available, so I would probably guess about 500k Mate X2s will ever be made.

The majority of people will want the P50-series, not the Mate X2. Huawei themselves knows that. Hence, the remaining Kirin 9000 chips will be used for the P50 devices. The X2's legacy will go on, but in terms of physical handsets, very few will ever be sold.

BaoziFun, 02 Apr 20212300 EURO?! That's $2700 USD. A bit much for a phone... moreThis wont be sold in USA anyway due to the trade ban...plus there is no point in getting it without GMS (unless you r already used to HMS)

2300 EURO?! That's $2700 USD. A bit much for a phone especially with only 8GB of RAM.

Anonymous, 21 Mar 2021But I don't understand what you mean by this kicking F... moreI agree, what does he mean kicking out of the park, it looks almost the same to me.

I love samsung and huawei BTW. I love the first huawei foldable but its too pricy, this one, im a little less optimistic.

tryf3, 24 Mar 20218gb ram and no Google services in this price? No thank you!it's probably china only.

Anonymous, 23 Mar 2021Well, the camera of Huawei is and was way better than Samsu... moreAre you sure you are updated with the latest phones or you are still referring years ago? Most of the flagships camera are already neck and neck today. Even before, pixel is the best on camera, but it is not the same at this time. Google cannot make their new phone expensive because their camera was the best few years ago. The only thing I remember Huawei camera was known before is with the night mode and telephoto. I don't remember they have a better camera in general compare to others. I cannot see the joke there. Unless you are comparing the flagship camera of huawei to the budget camera of samsung. Anyway, better is different for each person.

• tryf3

8gb ram and no Google services in this price? No thank you!

Asian, 22 Mar 2021Well, we hated apple also for copying something and pretend... moreWell, the camera of Huawei is and was way better than Samsungs, which is literally a joke in comparison.

Imo the Mate X was way better though, as it folded differently. Still both companies have different strenghts.

After all I'd still say foldables aren't ready and are just too expensive for what they actually offer. "Normal" flagships are still the way to go imho.

Asian, 22 Mar 2021Well, we hated apple also for copying something and pretend... moreOne more thing. With that price, it does not even have Google Play Services which is used by most if not all outside of china. You can also see some ridiculous claims here about the pre orders of the product. Funny thing is even their inexpensive products are not that in demand outside china after the ban on google play services, so I highly doubt it.

kdanielm, 21 Mar 2021I do not understand the haters here. This is an experimenta... moreWell, we hated apple also for copying something and pretending they are the first. Huawei do something similar and should not get the same? Apple also raised the average price of phones when they released the iPhone X, but at least there is a new tech (use of sensors are not new but the combination of sensors which improves the experience for the user) with the release of face id. Huawei is raising the price for the foldables for what? Copying samsung, minor tweaks on the body size and screen and rearranging camera? What a joke.

• Rhea Chakraborty

Design looks promising. It's not IP68 so including 3.5mm jack would have been better. 45OOmAh battery with 55w fast charge. 90Hz OLED display & Kirin 9OOO. A solid competitor to Samsung, LG & other folding phones. Lacking Google services can affect its sales. But for me personally it's not an issue because I can install Google services in Huawei devices.

kdanielm, 21 Mar 2021I do not understand the haters here. This is an experimenta... moreBut I don't understand what you mean by this kicking Fold2 out of the ballpark. I mean, the ZFold 2 also looks like a flagship, does it not???

And remember, we can't really see the thing for ourselves. The Samsung had a very tall outer display, and Huawei having a normal aspect ratio display means it's gonna be hard to handle.

kdanielm, 21 Mar 2021I do not understand the haters here. This is an experimenta... moreFinally a sensible commentor on GSMArena!!!

I do think that Samsung is gearing up for something big with the Fold3, since they basically replaced the legendary Note line with it. Starting with the cameras, they probably gave it the S21 Ultra's cameras (at least I hope they did), SD888, 120hz on the ouside and we're done.

• kdanielm

I do not understand the haters here. This is an experimental technology, that is actually starting to be good. Last year's Fold2 was the first that had something like a real potential, but let's be honest here for a sec. This Mate X2 kicks the Fold 2 out of the ballpark, there is just no competition. It already looks like a fully functional top-end smartphone, with the added benefit of a foldable screen, which makes up ten times for the additional deficit of the weight, or the price even, or even for the lack of google services.
No need for being judgemental about who copies who. Everybody copies everyone. :D
It's up for Samsung, to do something nice with the next gen Fold.

Anonymous, 27 Feb 2021The news just in: Due to the extraordinary high demand for ... moreSamsung Galaxy Z Fold was expensive to make up for the R & D. Huawei Mate X2 is more expensive for copying Samsung. Amazing.

786, 18 Mar 2021Lmfao 🤣😅 only 8gb Ram. No options for 16gb Ram. My S21ULTR... moreIt is nearly impossible to make a folding phone with that performance because folding phones are not so advanced. It is not focused on being the fastest phone but still has flagship specs.

newpuroo, 18 Mar 2021"mate 20" isn't a low / midrange it's m... moreYes ofc it is, I had not say it isn't 😂