Huawei Mate X2

Huawei Mate X2

Asian, 22 Mar 2021Well, we hated apple also for copying something and pretend... moreWell, the camera of Huawei is and was way better than Samsungs, which is literally a joke in comparison.

Imo the Mate X was way better though, as it folded differently. Still both companies have different strenghts.

After all I'd still say foldables aren't ready and are just too expensive for what they actually offer. "Normal" flagships are still the way to go imho.

Asian, 22 Mar 2021Well, we hated apple also for copying something and pretend... moreOne more thing. With that price, it does not even have Google Play Services which is used by most if not all outside of china. You can also see some ridiculous claims here about the pre orders of the product. Funny thing is even their inexpensive products are not that in demand outside china after the ban on google play services, so I highly doubt it.

kdanielm, 21 Mar 2021I do not understand the haters here. This is an experimenta... moreWell, we hated apple also for copying something and pretending they are the first. Huawei do something similar and should not get the same? Apple also raised the average price of phones when they released the iPhone X, but at least there is a new tech (use of sensors are not new but the combination of sensors which improves the experience for the user) with the release of face id. Huawei is raising the price for the foldables for what? Copying samsung, minor tweaks on the body size and screen and rearranging camera? What a joke.

• Rhea Chakraborty

Design looks promising. It's not IP68 so including 3.5mm jack would have been better. 45OOmAh battery with 55w fast charge. 90Hz OLED display & Kirin 9OOO. A solid competitor to Samsung, LG & other folding phones. Lacking Google services can affect its sales. But for me personally it's not an issue because I can install Google services in Huawei devices.

kdanielm, 21 Mar 2021I do not understand the haters here. This is an experimenta... moreBut I don't understand what you mean by this kicking Fold2 out of the ballpark. I mean, the ZFold 2 also looks like a flagship, does it not???

And remember, we can't really see the thing for ourselves. The Samsung had a very tall outer display, and Huawei having a normal aspect ratio display means it's gonna be hard to handle.

kdanielm, 21 Mar 2021I do not understand the haters here. This is an experimenta... moreFinally a sensible commentor on GSMArena!!!

I do think that Samsung is gearing up for something big with the Fold3, since they basically replaced the legendary Note line with it. Starting with the cameras, they probably gave it the S21 Ultra's cameras (at least I hope they did), SD888, 120hz on the ouside and we're done.

• kdanielm

I do not understand the haters here. This is an experimental technology, that is actually starting to be good. Last year's Fold2 was the first that had something like a real potential, but let's be honest here for a sec. This Mate X2 kicks the Fold 2 out of the ballpark, there is just no competition. It already looks like a fully functional top-end smartphone, with the added benefit of a foldable screen, which makes up ten times for the additional deficit of the weight, or the price even, or even for the lack of google services.
No need for being judgemental about who copies who. Everybody copies everyone. :D
It's up for Samsung, to do something nice with the next gen Fold.

Anonymous, 27 Feb 2021The news just in: Due to the extraordinary high demand for ... moreSamsung Galaxy Z Fold was expensive to make up for the R & D. Huawei Mate X2 is more expensive for copying Samsung. Amazing.

786, 18 Mar 2021Lmfao 🤣😅 only 8gb Ram. No options for 16gb Ram. My S21ULTR... moreIt is nearly impossible to make a folding phone with that performance because folding phones are not so advanced. It is not focused on being the fastest phone but still has flagship specs.

newpuroo, 18 Mar 2021"mate 20" isn't a low / midrange it's m... moreYes ofc it is, I had not say it isn't 😂

Lmfao 🤣😅 only 8gb Ram. No options for 16gb Ram.
My S21ULTRA 512gb 16gb Ram blows this out off Water even the camera is much better.

Epic fail Huawei

Mobilemaster, 22 Feb 2021I have a P30 Pro and still with Android 10. I think we will... moreSadly yes i received emui 11 and it's based on android 10

Uncle D, 22 Feb 2021For their low and maybe midrangers yes, but with their flag... more"mate 20" isn't a low / midrange it's meant to be a fookin flagship

• sayabosanhidup

XoXo, 16 Mar 2021Just another great example of China copying someone else�... moreyou have been using
paper for 2000years

go & invent something useful
for humanity & make history

• XoXo

Anonymous, 05 Mar 2021Its folded better, has better camera set up, better outer s... moreJust another great example of China copying someone else's work. When will they ever make something original??? Even their pathetic aircraft industry is a copy of the west and Russia.

Sai Srujan, 14 Mar 2021This is a replica of galaxy z fold 2 (lol)how????

Sai Srujan, 14 Mar 2021This is a replica of galaxy z fold 2 (lol)In what way?
Different:
-inner and outer display
-camera
-hinge design
-size
-looks

TEtech, 10 Mar 2021Can you name one aspect of this phone that makes it a copycat? This is a replica of galaxy z fold 2 (lol)

Awesome

EpicAudience , 08 Mar 2021Indeed!!!Can you name one aspect of this phone that makes it a copycat?