Huawei MediaPad M5 10 (Pro)

Huawei MediaPad M5 10 (Pro)

• nik

does the tablet support usb otg?

• FactCheck

Anonymous, 27 Sep 2019Tablets or phones without headphone jack means without sound. I... moreThe USB-c to aux converter is included in the box...

Tablets or phones without headphone jack means without sound.
It is so bad to see such a good things without 3.5mm port.

Only reason is they want to sell you BT phones or converters apart.
Smart devilish companies.

• Duaa

I got it and I was super happy until I wanted to connect it to HDMI or VGA projector for college.. and I bought adapter, but it didn’t work, I called the HUAWEI services and they said it doesn’t support wired connection, but our projectors are old and dont support that ,, so you guys have any solutions?

• Johan

Best tablet so far plus its cheap.. Why buying overprice iPad when you can get cheap and high quality mediapad m5 pro.. Yes, you can play game far smoother in iPad but why buying a tablet just to play games when you can play logicaly on a smartphone. With mediapad m5 pro, you still can play high demanded games. wacthing netflix in a big hd display and superb quad speakers. not to mention fast charging cable & adapter included in the box.. high-quality stylus. I don't like the restricted shitty ios because when i can get a big potential android tablet.

• fathi

is it support handfree and how can i use it

Snapdragon, 29 Sep 2018why do they keep making only GSM tablets. they should make only ... moreit has simple way,
JUST DON'T USE SIM CARD.
Finish

Anonymous, 17 Dec 2018Yes, Huawei's own player can play MKV files. But why don't you u... moreI'll add that Huawei's own player can play some MKV files, not all MKV files. Some MKV files will be missing the audio - no sound, only pictures. In my experience only the VLC player can play all MKV files, and every file on my hard drive. Even the MX player will be missing the audio with a few files.
So here's what I do. I installed all the above players. I use the MX player as default. If the MX player can't play a certain file, I use the VLC player. It always work. I keep the Huawei's player just in case.

Anonymous, 16 Dec 2018Hello guys, need help, it can play MKV file format in HUAWEI Med... moreYes, Huawei's own player can play MKV files. But why don't you use VLC or MX Player?

Hello guys, need help, it can play MKV file format in HUAWEI MediaPad M5 10 Pro, with out using VLC Player or MX Player...

Anonymous, 26 Sep 2018Huawei M5 is the cheapest of the three tablets. It is Android. T... more I purchased my ipad 128gb for 450 euros and it is amazing. It is my first apple device and I'm android user. But i must admit that ipad is the best value for the money compared to tab s4 and mediapad m5. And performance is crazy. Pubg on extreme settings without any lag. Just go for the ipad 2018 and problem solved:)

• kENNY

Anonymous, 26 Sep 2018Huawei M5 is the cheapest of the three tablets. It is Android. T... moreIn my country ipad 2018 is the cheapest among those 3 choices.

• Paul

I do hope the 2016 MediaPad M6 10 will Finally have an OLED screen, its much better on my eyes than LCD.

Anonymous, 29 Nov 2018Hey s4f786, NPU or no NPU, the down speed move is simply a strat... moreI do agree with you tbf, manufacturers will do this, Intel do it, Nvidia do it too, the practice is nothing new but too those are in saturated markets, whereas when it comes to android tablets it's been on a decline, overall for the future of android tablets it doesn't help. Saying all that I'm very happy with the 960s version, runs very smooth and same as you I don't game on it and mainly use it watch media.

To be fair, I'm telling you that all M5 tablets come with a Type-C to 3.5mm earphone socket adapter. But again, the eliminating the 3.5mm earphone socket is another lousy marketing move to nag the users to the Bluetooth earphones. It doesn't affect me too much. Lucky me! Normally I don't use any earphone.
Now I'll sing a little praise. I have the M5 10.8" non-pro version. The battery life is excellent. All tasks are fluid. For what it's worth, I use less than 20% of the storage space. The screen is just fine, but in a bright, sunny place, I'll have to turn the brightness to above 95% to be able to read the articles on the screen. At normal circumstance, I use only 45% of the brightness.

Hey s4f786, NPU or no NPU, the down speed move is simply a strategy to differentiate their products. It doesn't affect me too much, because I don't play games. So the Kirin 960-S is just fine for my uses. Besides, even the full speed Kirin 960 isn't great for games to begin with, and it was from 2016. Since you mentioned Kirin 960, guess why the factory didn't put a Kirin 970 in any M5 tablet? It's another marketing move. Too many such marketing moves that is slowing killing off the Android tablets.

So just got the non pro version on a black Friday deal for 258 pounds and boy is it an upgrade over my ageing Sony z2 tablet, love the screen, love that it has a bezel which isn't too massive but not too small, great for watching media without your hands getting in the way if you don't have a case for it yet. The sound on this thing is phenomenal, for a tablet it's super loud and provides a great amount of bass. The only thing I don't like is that there's no earphone jack, so something il have to get used to. Now for people wondering what's the difference between the pro and non pro, non pro version you can't use the stylus and also the cpu, the cpu in the pro version is the kirin 960 whereas the non pro is the 960s, what's the difference you may ask, well not much really, the 960s is just underclocked by 300mhz, but ads an npu from the 970 which the 960 doesn't have.

Anonymous, 19 Nov 2018If the name with "pro", it has Kirin 960. Without "pro", Kirin 9... moreIt's only lower clocked by 300mhz, it's till uses the same manufacturing process and same cores as in the 960, the 960s has got something over the 960, it has a dedicated npu https://www.notebookcheck.net/HiSilicon-Kirin-96­0s-SoC-Benchmarks-and-Specs.292634.0.html

Berserker, 17 Nov 2018This tablet has kirin 960 or 960s.and what is the diference betw... moreIf the name with "pro", it has Kirin 960. Without "pro", Kirin 960-S, which is a lower performance, down grade version of the 960. Manufacturers do lousy things like this to differentiate their products.

This tablet has kirin 960 or 960s.and what is the diference betwen the two? Thanks