Huawei MediaPad M5 10 (Pro)

Huawei MediaPad M5 10 (Pro)

Berserker, 17 Nov 2018This tablet has kirin 960 or 960s.and what is the diference betw... moreIf the name with "pro", it has Kirin 960. Without "pro", Kirin 960-S, which is a lower performance, down grade version of the 960. Manufacturers do lousy things like this to differentiate their products.

This tablet has kirin 960 or 960s.and what is the diference betwen the two? Thanks

• QA

Mero, 26 Sep 2018Thanks Updates are not important for me but what realy I need i... more"For study & office, Maybe gaming" "need a competent tablet with good life span"
- I read PDF files on this tablet. It's excellent for this task. I don't have MS Office on it, but I can write notes.
- I've been using this tablet for the past month and a half. I'll say it is a competent machine for anything I throw at it. I don't play games on it. I mainly use the tablet for reading: files and webpages. Also, screen mirroring. So I can watch content on big screen TV. It does this well.
- The battery life is good. The charging is fast. I usually charge the battery when it's 70% and stop when it's 95%. It take 30 minutes max.
- Huawei's build quality is very good. I expect this tablet to last a good number of years without any problem. In the long run, the tablet is as good as its battery. And, you will want the software updates. Because without it, the tablet will become vulnerable, and you won't be able to run the new apps.

• na

can use this mediapad for making phone calls

• spydy

guys need help... how do you move apps to the storage card?

• Ciadi

What is the difference betweem Pro e Standard versione of this M5? Only the stylul pens and the CPU?

why do they keep making only GSM tablets. they should make only Wi-Fi versions for those that dont need sim card in tablet. this will reduce price

• Mero

Anonymous, 26 Sep 2018Huawei M5 is the cheapest of the three tablets. It is Android. T... moreThanks
Updates are not important for me but what realy I need is a tablet for studying&office purposes & may be used for gaming.
Also I need a competent tablet with good life span.

Mero, 25 Sep 2018I have note 8 & I am regular android user,now I want to buy ... moreHuawei M5 is the cheapest of the three tablets. It is Android. The downside is it won't receive software updates. Huawei M3 for example, it's from 2017 and stuck with Android 7 Nougat. It's only from last year, and Huawei is still selling it, but won't update it to Android 8 Oreo.
This Huawei M5 you're looking at is on Android 8 Oreo. It won't receive update either. And, it doesn't have Widevine L1 certificate for legal HD streaming.
If you're OK with these flaws, then buy the M5. Or else, buy the Ipad 2018. The Samsung will be expensive and it will only receive 2 times updates and no more.
In contrast, my Ipad Air from late 2013 is still receiving software updates. It got iOS 12 updates a week ago. That is for a 5 years old tablet. I have to give credit to Apple Inc. My Ipad Air still works great.

• Mero

I have note 8 & I am regular android user,now I want to buy a tablet,I am confused which to buy: Ipad 2018 or Huawei mediapad M5 or wait for Samsung tab S4.
Kindly if anyone can help me in the decision concerning performance,expected life span.
Thanks

SML, 26 Feb 2018MediaPad but no headphone jack? Ohhhh amazing Thinking skill Huawei. Probably the reason this model of a Huawei tablet doesn't have an FM Radio Chip in it: No possible antenna for reception.

Anonymous, 21 Aug 2018Does Huawei M5 pro tablet supports OTG? I am trying to connec... moreYes, M5 all versions support the OTG. However, the file transfer speed is only the USB 2.0 standard.

I don't think you should pick this up if you intend to play shooting games (TPS/FPS), as there is problems with their touchscreen firmware (as usual from Huawei) that messes up your aim if you were to make minor adjustments. You can search XDA to find more information about it.

• chris

Its too heavy, check out samsung if you want lighter

Does Huawei M5 pro tablet supports OTG?

I am trying to connect USB thru C Port extension.

Please advise.

• imnameless07

I want a tablet that are great for movies and plays PUBG smoothly.

The only strongest android tablets I can find are Huawei Mediapad M5 and the new Samsung Galaxy Tab S4. both came out this year but with last year's chipset, same battery(huawei is a bit bigger), same 4gb of ram, same screen resolution(i dont really mind the amoled), same camera resolution and both have 4 speakers.
I don't like Apple because of the iOS. I don't wan't to go to trouble when transfering files from my laptop. It's easier with android.

So what would be a better deal for movies, music and games? save some money and get the Huawei Mediapad M5 or Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 would be worth it?

• dengusoft

Things like these make ppl miss a Sony tablet. rem the Z4 tablet...twaz all round better than this.

• JD

Is the speakers made by harman/kardon?

fatty, 22 Jun 2018does this makes phone calls?I think it can because it use Nano-sim card, but it doesn't have 3.5mm ports so you will rely on wireless connections. The taller 16:10 screen ratio is weird, since a 10 inch tablet have more space for display so no need to use taller screen ratio, this will affect the media contains either have black bar on the screen when playing YouTube videos or will crop the screen contain, it isn't a great idea and difficult to find the tablet bag due to the taller size up.

• Omid46

Lack of audio Jack.Bluetooth 5.1 +its auxiliaries,radio + rds,USB 3.1 +otG decreases qualities !? Hopefully gsmArena write a review for it though people expect much more from Huawei....Thanks mentioned names.