Huawei P40 lite

Huawei P40 lite

• Tribe

AKM, 12 Nov 2021Unable to Use google Maps on this Phone, even I cannot shar... moreTry downloading it from aurora store. I'm using google maps for 6 months now. No problems at all.

• AKM

Unable to Use google Maps on this Phone, even I cannot share my location through WhatsApp . i guess the bootloader is also locked

• Kimi

Anonymous, 05 Nov 2021I have this phone and to think i cant use this for Microsof... moreIf you want to use microsoft apps you need to pick a phone based on Windows software not Android. Why did you bought an Android based phone? Do a bit of research before buy or enquire with the seller.

• Kimi

SJ, 29 Oct 2021This phone is really not worth it. Whoever is considering t... moreI have this phone and to think i cant use this for Microsoft Teams to attend meetings and other apps do not work because they are Google based. Its a real waste of money

Compared to phones with Google, this phone is a shifter. Much lighter and faster. And the camera is not bad either.

• bubilibu

SJ, 29 Oct 2021This phone is really not worth it. Whoever is considering t... morethe phone is great..google play is not necessary

• farshi

SJ, 29 Oct 2021This phone is really not worth it. Whoever is considering t... moretrue but if u have another huawei with google play services u can then use phone clone and move all your apps to the new one which dosent support goggle apps

• SJ

This phone is really not worth it. Whoever is considering to get a P40 lite rather don't. Get yourself Samsung, its better. Having no Google play makes it so much more difficult in which I don't understand why the creator of this model would do something dumb like that. It's pathetic.

• ST

Huawei fan but no , 15 Oct 2021I hate this phone. I really regret buying it. I miss my P30... moreI totally agree with you. Same on my side.

• Mlivosh

Magcina , 23 Jun 2021Eish my P40 lite doesn't want me login on my Capitec n... moreDownload the capitec app from aurora, reinstall it and try again

• Huawei fan but no

I hate this phone. I really regret buying it. I miss my P30 pro. It's useless. Really not worth it

• tabz

useless phone ever from one fall the LCD is shuttered better my P8 I guess am gonna down grade from this these new phones are useless ...no radio like really

Anonymous, 10 Oct 2021I have my P40 lite for around 2 weeks now, and while i'... moreWell you can't stop massive 40W input via software haha :)

I have my P40 lite for around 2 weeks now, and while i'm satisfied with the device, i've encountered that under battery settings, the settings named "smart charge" and "smart battery capacity" don't seem to work. I'm mainly using a 10w charger because i don't need fast charging, but i've tried using the box charger and cable, the device always fully charges to 100% and it never takes a break. Is anyone else encountering this? i'm on the latest EMUI as of now

• Dan

Huawei P40 Lite don't have RADIO FM integrated.

• RyanTc

BublikD1, 28 Sep 2021The problem with this phone is the embarrassing display tou... moreYeh I sold mine the other month

Kirin 810 is a mid range beast, no lag

But display was defo very slow and super annoying, typing && gaming. There is also no gyro sensr & no eis

Bolickd1, 07 Oct 2021Certain touch sample rate testing apps require you to calcu... moreThat's like the same thing you when you say that mouse polling rate is calculated when you use the mouse tester app & than substract it with refresh rate of the monitor. TouchPaint apk by kdrag0n (he is one of the best xda developers) is accurate always. It generates it's input directly from display's framebuffer so there is no assumption with it. You can check it's source code If you're interested, as my posts won't get approved If I share links.

It's true that other things also affect touch latency like CPU usage, RAM usage, touch input prioritization, distance between touchscreen & panel (OLEDs are usually thinner than IPS panels) etc. But I compared the equivalent of P40 Lite in terms of display, Redmi Note 8T & both have around the same input lag & feel too it. Both have 60hz refresh rate & 120hz touch sampling rate. Maybe some users got bad batches of P40 Lite's panel or even different displays so they are having these issues. F.e. Poco X3/Pro have Tianma or Huaxing display. Huaxing is better & most users encountered ghost touching issues with Tianma panels.

Cheers.

Bolickd1, 07 Oct 2021Certain touch sample rate testing apps require you to calcu... moreThat's like the same thing you when you say that mouse polling rate is calculated when you use the mouse tester app & than substract it with refresh rate of the monitor. TouchPaint apk by kdrag0n (he is one of the best xda developers) is accurate always. It generates it's input directly from display's framebuffer so there is no assumption with it. Check out the source code: https://github.com/kdrag0n/touchpaint-android

• Bolickd1

fiftydinar, 07 Oct 2021By that logic, my Poco X3 would have 120Hz touch sampling r... moreCertain touch sample rate testing apps require you to calculate the sample rate by substracting the refresh rate. This is common knowledge, and there are articles and youtube video's on this.

The P40 lite and P40 Lite 5g are in no way comparable to the redmi note 9t, moto g9 plus and certain realme devices within the similar price range, that also have 60hz displays - when it comes to touch sampling rate/latency lag.

If you use a generic app, it will display the touch response based on the refresh rate - which is a generic estimation. I.e

60/120
120/240

This isn't however, a true reflection, as other factors such as touch latency need to be considered. Other apps that actually measure your touch/response and display the rate would therefore require calculations to determine the devices accurate sample rate.

The p40 lite and p40 lite 5g, have a sluggish touch sample rate/response rate and latency issue. It's evident if you actually own and use the handset for a period of a few weeks, and compare it to other devices within the same spec bracket.