Huawei P9 Plus

• T
  • Tere
  • IW@
  • 07 Nov 2020

Been using my p9+ since June 2016.. it is still working fine.. havent replace any of its original parts..

Anonymous, 25 Oct 2020I've been using this phone for 4 years now. It's ... moreThanks for your input.

Do your charge your P9 Plus battery any special way e.g. charge it as soon as it drops to 50% or you don't bother with any of those techniques?

• ?
      • q{7
      • 25 Oct 2020

I've been using this phone for 4 years now. It's still holding up great. The battery life has been good still to this day. I can easily go through a workday with only 30% of battery usage.

This premium flagship smartphone has an amazing battery.

n206, 17 Aug 2020Hi! Unofficially you can rebrand to vie-AL10, descritpion ... moreTo N206:

Yes it's really premium not to mention fast and feels very nice in the hand.

• n
            • n206
            • 0pZ
            • 17 Aug 2020

Original-Jamaican, 15 Aug 2020To N206: I am still running Marshmallow. I have never re... moreHi!
            Unofficially you can rebrand to vie-AL10, descritpion on XDA developers site on P9 plus section. after rebranding you will receive 2 updates for p9Plus. AL10 is china region as far as I know. The may still support this phone in china homeland apparently. Currently my son uses my "old" P9 Plus. It is still fast, no lags, most games run on it. that is real premium phone, sorry for short update/backup time period from Huawei. Battery lasts 2 days with low usage nowadays, but if gaming of course daily 2 times charging needed. You can think, my son uses the P9 plus all day, it is "glued in his hands", but the phone has really nice performance....

Vicky - Ghana, 13 Aug 2020I have never regretted using the P9 plus. is a great phone ... moreTo Vicky - Ghana:

I have never regretted using my P9 Plus either. It's a fantastic phone. I have never gotten an update though. What version of Android is yours running?

My only gripe with mine is that the Wi-Fi link speed should be higher as mine maxes out at 72Mbps whereas my old S5 use to max at 144Mbps. Even one of the lower end mid-range...the Huawei Y625 use to max out at 150Mbps (more than the Galaxy S5) and that Y625 isn't remotely close to being in the same class as the P9 Plus. I wish I could find a way to increase the Wi-Fi link speed and I would be good but other than that it's a near perfect phone.

n206, 14 Aug 2020Hi guys. I just received the 1st July 2020 security patch u... moreTo N206:

I am still running Marshmallow. I have never received a OS update nor a security patch update. Mine works fine though. Never had an issues with it and it still runs fast. How did you get Oreo as I heard it was never officially released for the P9 Plus?

• n
                  • n206
                  • 0pZ
                  • 14 Aug 2020

Hi guys. I just received the 1st July 2020 security patch update to my old Huawei P9 Plus. My runs oreo, VIE-AL10-8.00.00(C550) nice surprise, maybe we will get another year of mercy update, yearly 1 update....

• V
                    • Vicky - Ghana
                    • N7A
                    • 13 Aug 2020

I have never regretted using the P9 plus. is a great phone but unfortunately out of the market. The picture quality is just awesome for both rear and front cameras. Is just an amazing phone to use.

sayabosanhidup, 21 Apr 2020now that the p9 plus is nowhere to be found even more so u... moreI would go with the Mate 10 or Mate 10 Pro. The Honor 8 is basically in the same class as the regular P9 but you get 4GB RAM whether you have the 32GB or 64GB variant so that's an advantage. The Mate 10 Pro doesn't come with a memory card slot so that's something you should look into and probably opt for the regular Mate 10 if you choose not to bother with the Honor 8. You have options my friend.

• 21 Apr 2020

Original-Jamaican, 06 Mar 2020Huawei reliability is good so whether you go with the regul... morenow that the p9 plus is nowhere to be found
                        even more so unlikely in the coming months

n which one is the better option among huawei mate 10
                        / huawei mate 10 pro / huawei mate8 / huawei honor 8

?

• 16 Apr 2020

oh what a sad thing that i can no longer find a
                          new p9 plus which i could a month or two ago

but i guess i might never be able to get this thing as d
                          longer the day the slim mer the chance of getting one

sayabosanhidup, 04 Mar 2020so which one do u think is likely to last much longer or e... moreHuawei reliability is good so whether you go with the regular P9 or the P9 Plus you can't lose. You can expect a lifetime of reliability with either model.

However, it makes sense to go with the P9 Plus because obviously the specs are better with the bigger screen, Super AMOLED technology, 3D Touch, loud stereo speakers, Infared (to control appliances etc.) plus you would automatically get 64GB internal storage and 4GB RAM. The P9 Plus front camera also has autofocus...something the regular P9 doesn't have. The regular P9 comes with 32GB storage and 3GB RAM. There is a 64GB/4GB RAM version of the regular P9 but that may be hard to find.

I say P9 Plus all the way.

• 04 Mar 2020

Original-Jamaican, 26 Jan 2020The P9 Plus has a wonderful camera. It's legendary too as i... moreso which one do u think is likely to last
                              much longer or even a lifetime perhaps

so is it the ips display p9
                              super or amoled p9 plus

?

Anonymous, 14 Feb 2020mate 9 or p9 plus selfie camera, which is good ?I would go with the P9 Plus.

• ?
                                  • LdI
                                  • 14 Feb 2020

mate 9 or p9 plus selfie camera, which is good ?

[deleted post]The P9 Plus has a wonderful camera. It's legendary too as it was the very first time Leica was featured in a smartphone. I would go with the P9 Plus IF camera is your main focus. The MP isn't such a huge factor unless you plan on printing billboards.

[deleted post]To sayabosanhidup:

I have been using the P9 Plus since November 11, 2017. I have NEVER changed it's battery and believe it or not the battery is in very good condition. It holds it's charge very well. I'm very cautious about the usage and charging. I practise good charging habits. I don't max the screen brightness. In fact I hardly ever need to put the brightness more than 1/4 level unless I'm outdoors in which case I leave it on auto.

[deleted post]My P9 Plus screen is fine. There's no burn in.