Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus

Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus

This is perfect tablet! Perfect size for me, ample processing power. What's really stunning compared to two of my previous tablets is the quality and resolution of the screen! Simply fantastic! I keep it here my best photos converted to jpg from full frame raw files (24MP originals). Tonal gradiation and detail are amazing.

• Feline

I have owned this tablet since July 2018 (4gb +64gb; wifi only). This was my first Lenovo product and definitely will be my last. From Day 1, it's been nothing but a trouble. I need to root all my android devices and this is the most developer-unfriendly device I have ever owned. Lenovo apparently don't publish source codes easily, so despite the good people in the xda forum the development is generally very slow. Also I found some hardware issues too frustrating to deal with on a daily basis: a. The wifi connection often gets unconnected randomly. People report 5ghz is particularly bad; b. Screen scrolling is really really annoyingly not smooth; c.Typing and scrolling whilst charging is often impossible due to ghost touch on the display; d. Never mind tweaking. Even the official Oreo upgrade was full of issues. In the end I couldn't take it any longer and justified spending another £200 plus to buy an almost identical tablet, Xiaomi Mi Pad 4, just to get out of the frustration. So far I am glad I've made the decision. The Mi Pad 4 community is thriving with several custom roms to choose from. The wifi and screen scrolling just work as they should... In short buy this tablet if you like, but I wouldn't.

• aman

i need this model can you please give me any link for buying

• Pober

There is only one candidate for 8'' replacement - https://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_mediapad_m6_8_4-­9747.php

• S Ahmed

Please write any buy online link. I want to buy
Tab 4 8 Plus TB-8704x from Bangladesh. Thanks.

• Ziv275

Does anyone know whether a replacing, newer model, is coming up soon?
It's a great product, but in the market for more than 2.5 years.

Thanks!

AwesDom, 16 Sep 2019Hi, Tab 8 4 Plus has been updated to Android 8.1 Oreo.This is 2 years late and 3 OS generations behind.

Gino76ph, 02 Jul 2019Hi Could someone please kindly confirm if this tablet has now be... moreHi, Tab 8 4 Plus has been updated to Android 8.1 Oreo.

• PG

dbjungle, 08 Aug 2019I got one update that made things worse rather than better. Nic... moreEspecially answering calls has become impossible. Slide function doesn't work, you have to slide beyond the frame in order to accept or reject calls.

I got one update that made things worse rather than better. Nice hardware though.

How to update Android from noughat to Oreo

• Akhil

Mad4Mobile, 10 May 2019Hi, my tab is presently running on Android O and I am using Airt... moreHey you can enable the volte option. Go tomsearch in settings and type enhanced mode . There you can see the option to enable volte.

Gino76ph, 02 Jul 2019Hi Could someone please kindly confirm if this tablet has now be... moreYes it has been updated to Android Oreo.

Hi Could someone please kindly confirm if this tablet has now been updated to Oreo 8.0 or 8.1? There seem to be confusion as to the exact version. If Yes is there a changelog of changes & improvements? And also if so apart from the visual UI changes has there been know enhancements to the screen (quality and calibration seem "off" and inaccurate and look "artificial"), audio (speakers could be a bit louder and better sounding), performance (app loading & memory management could be better), battery life (First few days of the Oreo update was apparently poor) and the lack thereof of full dark mode.

• The_Expert.

Francis, 15 May 2019Is there an OTG?Yes, if you use the right Type-C To USB OTG Cable, then it does!!! I have the 04F Variant (Only Wi-Fi, No 3G or 4G), Rooted w/ SuperSU, but on Stock ROM, running Android 7.1

• Francis

Is there an OTG?

Anonymous, 01 May 2019Does it support calling after oreo update?????Hi, my tab is presently running on Android O and I am using Airtel sim in it. There is absolutely no problem in calling. The only problem that you will face is while using Jio sim as this tab is not volte enabled. However, that may be overcome by installing My Jio app.

Anonymous, 01 May 2019Does it support calling after oreo update?????I have one running Android 7.1 and it does NOT support calling. There is no dialer/phone application.

Does it support calling after oreo update?????

Anonymous, 16 Apr 2019What lag? Nothing serious. I was referring to the occasional delay in touch screen response while scrolling. But, truly speaking, that is not a serious issue and does not occur frequently. Otherwise, this tab is a gem at this price range.