LG G7 ThinQ

LG G7 ThinQ

I'm currently on my second G7 and they both have the exact same issue so I suspect many if not all, also do. I have multiple issues: I have call issues where I apparently drop in and out. At first I blamed it on a "lesser" network. I took advantage of wi-fi calling but found even with that I have the same issue. The other issue is Android Auto disconnecting, and doing it in the same locations. Again, I blamed it on network. However, I tested using my wife's Samsung S8 and it didn't miss a beat either in calls or AA operation. I went through the bootloop issues with my G4's (three) so my patience is gone. Don't say you weren't warned. For the record, I am using T-Mobile now.

Is it better than Samsung Note 8? I'm planning to buy it.

• Ola...

Bator, 14 Apr 2019If they put wireless charging only on US models i say im not buy... moreBecoze LG is top 3 at the US brader....

• Dan

Bator, 14 Apr 2019If they put wireless charging only on US models i say im not buy... moreModel LG G710EM European has wirelles charging.

Anonymous, 16 Apr 2019There’s LGG7 plus comes with 128GB and 6 gig of ram and for sur... moreSD 835 is still great for day to day tasks as well as gaming also the 4GB RAM of the V30 is still enough. The screen of the V30 is beautiful and gorgeous not maybe on Samsung level but it's still great and oh it's OLED. The 6GB variant of the G7 is more expensive here in India than the Note 8. Choices are simple in India if you want a flagship on budget within 25000 to 30000 INR it's V30 or if it's 35000 to 40000 INR it's either the Note 8 or the OP6T.

Vvvky, 15 Apr 2019DXO also rates the Poco F1 higher than the G7 so does this mean ... moreThere’s LGG7 plus comes with 128GB and 6 gig of ram and for sure better snapdragon 845 so need to compare to old V30 or V30 plus that comes with 4 gig of ram and worst screen.

Anonymous, 29 Mar 2019LGg7 thinQ camera score 83 in DxOMark and V30 score 82 so.DXO also rates the Poco F1 higher than the G7 so does this mean that the F1 shoots better pictures than the G7 ?
DXo is not much reliable also read the review of the LG G7 on Anandtech they clearly states that the G7 is a regression over V30 in terms of image quality.
Image quality, OLED display, better battery life and the availability of the 128 GB of the V30+ model 3000 INR cheaper than the 64 GB G7 are the reasons I got the V30+
Also check gsmarena long term review of the V30S thinq they clearly said the V30S which is basically the V30 with 6GB RAM was among the Top 5 camera phones in flagship category at it's launch.
But regarding the G7 they clearly said that it was not upto the flagship level in terms of image quality.
Now even the likes of Xiaomi and Oneplus have reached or exceeded the V30 image quality but the G7 couldn't keep up which is a sad thing for LG and even the consumers. Hope the V50 gets LG right back on the track where it belongs.

Best phone ever , at least you are worry free of the burn-in issue since this phone has no stupid Amoled screen

Bator, 14 Apr 2019If they put wireless charging only on US models i say im not buy... moreWireless charging is available in European version. It's not the case as with G6. Also connection via USB-C -> HDMI is working now after december update. I think for 300€ great deal.

• Bator

If they put wireless charging only on US models i say im not buy a LG phone until they treat europrean clients with the same respect. Good bye LG.

• andz

kidpogi, 12 Apr 2019how is the battery life? i am really sold on lg phones due to th... morebattery is perfect!

• kidpogi

how is the battery life? i am really sold on lg phones due to the mil-std 810g build...

Anonymous, 21 Mar 2019Planning to buy this phone for gaming only since this is the che... moreWhy dont you get a xiaomi pocophone F1 instead? it is the cheapest version of Snapdragon 845 phone and it has 4000mAh of battery capacity.

Phone Guru, 09 Apr 2019Yeah, even though it's past the carrier date for rollout. It al... moreEven unlocked international version didn’t get Pie update yet.

• Gagarin235

Is Displayport Alt mode still not working in the latest Android Pie update ? I hope once Android Q is out, phone manufacturers will reconsider this kind of crap because it should support the desktop mode natively ... No miracast or chromecast ( i even tried Intel Unite) can do this without lag and WiGiG support for this kind of use in phones is in its infancy.

• Phone Guru

MarQuiz , 05 Apr 2019Still haven't received Android 9, I red on Android Authority tha... moreYeah, even though it's past the carrier date for rollout. It also depends on what carrier your on. Unless, you bought the factory unlocked version directly from the phone maker. My Nokia 7 plus been had pie since November last year. Just hesitant to switch since there is no Wi-Fi calling since T-Mobile doesn't have their hands in the rollout for my Nokia 7 plus.

word, 03 Apr 2019thinking of getting google launcher or nova any thoughts Didn’t root my G7 since xda mentioned that lg phones will turn to bootloop after the root just sold my G7 and got one plus 6 know that it’s not better, but still has a Pie and better performance overall and you can root easily without issue.

• MarQuiz

Still haven't received Android 9, I red on Android Authority that it should get it by the end of March

• word

Anonymous, 03 Apr 2019No update over here even I’m thinking to root my G7!. Might be ... morethinking of getting google launcher or nova any thoughts

Sumit, 02 Apr 201902/04/2019 No update for pie...No update over here even I’m thinking to root my G7!. Might be update after 2 month or so.