LG G8S ThinQ

LG G8S ThinQ

Hello, is there any overheating probs in LG devices?

• reed

Akshay, 25 Jul 2020Bought this smartphone 7 months ago and after 7 months I wa... moreI jumped with mine to swimming pool and even took some photos while under water...still working fine and no issues here.

• Mario

There is no FM radio available with this phone! I tried the LG FM radio APK, but no success so far.

• Akshay

Bought this smartphone 7 months ago and after 7 months I was traveling towards home from somewhere. while traveling, I was about to reach my home for 5 mins suddenly rain got started and it was heavily rained while reaching to home so my mobile was in my pocket and on the way I got totally showered and my phone too was like all over water on it so it was in the night I thought it's an IP68 rating waterproof smartphone so I think nothing will happen I dry up the mobile with cotton cloth neatly and In the morning while I was eager to use my mobile & I used it for more than 1 hr & suddenly my mobile display was like varying its brightness and color I got shocked and like what the hell happened to my mobile, the screen was dimming black and white for 2-3 hours and mobile got switched off then I tried it to charge and switch ON but it was not responding. so I kept the phone in rice bag for 2 days even though it didn't helped out so I handed over to customer care. so it is still under service

• PanRT

GSMarena, why no test this smartphone? No battery life, no camera test.. Why. I wait test on this phone.

Kawi, 04 Jul 2020Hi, try going to testing menu, for g8 you open it by dailin... moreMany thanks for your reply. I will send it to lg store for service. I tried what tou suggested but I coudnt find this option.

Battery lasts one day for me, camera is pro, no lag etc. I think that is the best option for this price. Only con , it takez 2 hours for full charge.

Anonymous, 07 Jun 2020Just bought this phone, brand-new for £350. An absolu... moreSame here, great value !

Jumanji, 25 Jun 2020Does the fingerprint scanner work also as a power button?No, there is a separate power button on the upper right hand side.

JohnScig, 05 Jul 2020Hey all, thinking of getting a new phone and it's betw... moreBetter LG for quality, imo.

Ravent, 06 Jul 2020hi. This smartphone or Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite 5? Thank youXiaomi UI tend to drain our battery, easily get hot chip, low quality build.

Better LG, imo.

• ilmar

This phone is great, I got mine for 330€ and I believe it is one of the best phones for the price. The face unlock is really fast and I've tested it with different people and tricks to try and hack it, but hasn't happened. Also I managed to smash my phones screen by accidentally driving over it with a lawnmower. The screens bottom part was completely smashed but the phone itself keeps working, I tried to get a new screen from official repair shops, but only place that said they can get the part offered a price of 250€. So to save some money and see if I can pull it through I ordered the part from online and got it changed in a local phone repair shop for total half the price. The replacement looks and works like the original and all other components seem to work as well too. The camera is great and I believe it is on par with other flagships. Yes I understand that there are better ones out there, but it seems that at the current level of cameras and phones, the difference for a regular user, is so small that you cannot justify double the price for a better camera etc. Only thing that I am not a fan of is the size of the phone. Yes its better to view content and do some light work with bigger screen, but it seems quite difficult to find a compact phone at a reasonable price.

• Ravent

hi. This smartphone or Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite 5?

• JohnScig

Hey all, thinking of getting a new phone and it's between the G8S and Axon 10 Pro (non-5G).
The ZTE is 80€ cheaper at 300 where I am, I don't do a lot of video recording, my previous phone lost its headphone jack a year into its life so I haven't been using it for 2+ years, I'm all BT now... I can't seem to decide... Any thoughts would be appreciated

• Kawi

Panosss8, 19 Jun 2020Hi, I am looking for help. The display is going black when ... moreHi, try going to testing menu, for g8 you open it by dailing *#*#4636#*#*, try googling number for g8s. Then choose something like automatic test device, then find proximmity sensor and reset it. It should work.

Btw. I am planing to upgrade from lg g6 to g8s, are you satisfied with g8s? Camera? Battery? Anything that annoys you? Thanx

JohnyB, 29 Jun 2020Help please, What should I buy, this device or S10. Tha... moreIf you want better camera,quick software update and 2k display buy s10

If you want a phone which won't get lag and battery problem after 1 year, Best Manual video recording,Secured face Id buy lg g8s

• JohnyB

Help please,
What should I buy, this device or S10. Thanks in advance.

• Paul

Jumanji, 25 Jun 2020Does the fingerprint scanner work also as a power button?No, there's a dedicated power button on the right upper side. Scanner button is unclickable.

• Jumanji

Does the fingerprint scanner work also as a power button?