LG Optimus One P500

LG Optimus One P500

• Chris

Bob, 25 Oct 2010Many thanks chris.How is the sound is it loud and can y tell me ... moreMedia compability in general is great. LG's 3D Gallery is nicely to use, no lags. The Photos are just fine, videos are recorded fluently in VGA, seems to be more than 18fps to me.
Sound is loud enough, voices via phone calls are way more understandable than my old phone.

Phone specs by Quadrant:
ARMv6 CPU @ 600Mhz
512MB RAM
Qualcomm GPU
Orientation, 3-axis Magnetic Field/Acceleration, Proximity sensors.

Quadrant score:
so a bit below SE XperiaX10 and the HTC Desire

Price was 230 in Germany

UK Carwarehouse going to start sell this phone.
You can check it once with them..

Vikram, 25 Oct 2010Its available on contract from T mobile in UK ...Hi, thanks very much! But I don't want to be on contract, I want to buy it outright. Does anyone know where I can buy it in UK without contract. Cheers!

• Vikram

Anonymous, 25 Oct 2010LG still can't keep their word on anything. This is the last wee... moreIts available on contract from T mobile in UK ...

LG still can't keep their word on anything. This is the last week of October and still NO sign of the Optimus p500 in UK phones shops -rubbish service!!

Go for this Phone[P500] It is really far better than others models in this range..

• inglorious_engg

vj, 21 Oct 2010i think galaxy apollo wud be a better option. pros 1. 16M colo... morehey,liked your review about galaxy 3.I am thinking to buy this one only.Please solve my following queries regarding galaxy 3

1)Though its mentioned that it can support 32 gb its advisable to use 16 gb card ???(mainly i want to store music and videos)
2)I m almost convinced now that this phone is not getting froyo update.So its worth to wait for any SAMSUNG phone to be launched with froyo or to buy this one only?? (my range is 15000)

• Bob

radinal, 25 Oct 2010to all who have purchased, are this phone include "multi-to... moreYes

• radinal

to all who have purchased, are this phone include "multi-touch input method"?

• Bob

Chris, 24 Oct 2010So, I have my phone for 2 days now, here's my review. First t... moreMany thanks chris.How is the sound is it loud and can y tell me more about the quality of the camera(pictures,video).I need your opinion about the media in generall.THANKS

• Man v.1

Just wondering, how do i create a folder and put all my applications into one under the menu? Is it possible? I can't seem to find any option for that.

• pocaracas

[deleted post]Can you tell me where you bought yours?
If you're in spain, I'm right next door, in Portugal! :D

• TOmi

Chris, 24 Oct 2010So, I have my phone for 2 days now, here's my review. First t... moreLooks like a piece of dream :) ok..and what was the price P500?

• denden

Chris, 24 Oct 2010So, I have my phone for 2 days now, here's my review. First t... moreThanks for the review, can you please run this benchmark software?

• Vikram

Chris, 24 Oct 2010So, I have my phone for 2 days now, here's my review. First t... moreThanks Chris, now just waiting for November for it to release here in India ... Have you tried integration with Exchange ?

• Chris

So, I have my phone for 2 days now, here's my review.

First thing I saw was the brillant big display. HVGA + 3.2" is just awesome, everything's clearly readable.
The LG UI scrolls smoothly and fast. Apps are activated very fast and everything runs I tested so far. Angry Birds is my favourite!
Screen rotation takes 1 second, the keyboard is nicely to use without any mistypes.
Battery life is just awesome, too. Charged it on Friday and used it almost all time since then. No recharge needed! Camera is fine, but I don't buy smartphones for the camera but for their usable, and this one is great!
Froyo + 512MB RAM + 600MHz CPU is enough for everything!

• CH

Anonymous, 23 Oct 2010Combine the info from the following article: http://www.precent... moreThanks for your help. It is now much clearer for me to understand the flash topic.
But what is still not clear to me is the fact why HTC Aria (see e.g. gsmarena review) with SAME processor as LG P500 is able to show flash in the browser!
Even HTC Wildfire (with weaker CPU) has flash in browser as I have seen in a shop in Europe with my eyes.

• imirag

This phone has everything you need. This phone IS better than the Samsung Galaxy 3 Apollo. Here's why -

>Better looks
>Rubbery finish, very posh, easy to hold unlike the Galaxy
>Though it has a 600Mhz processor, its actually a 750Mhz processor which is underclocked down to 600Mhz.
>You get Android V2.2
>Free GPS, voice guided if you're within Asia and doesnt require an internet connection unlike the Galaxy
>Nice onboard apps- Barcode reader, Image search, Voice search etc..
>Wifi Tethering
>HVGA resolution (awesome!) and MOST apps support only HVGA resolution, unlike the Samsung's QVGA resolution
>Inbuilt app advisor is totally AWESOME!
>Smoother transitions, unlike the Galaxy apollo which stucks often
>512mb Ram unlike the Galaxy apollo which has only 256mb. P.S - RAM determines the phone's speed
>HSDPA 7.2 Mbps unlike the Galaxy apollo which has only 3.6
>Samsung Touch malfunctions pretty often within 6-8 months (many of my friends and relatives now have given their Samsung touch phones to the service center)
>Camera 18fps vs 15fps (Samsung) :)
>Battery life is awesome!!

Cons -

LG's Sound Quality is definitely good, but Samsung has a 5.1 surround sound functionality plus some "Virtual Environments" that can simulate a surround effect. I'm not very much bothered about this right now because I know there must already be an app on the market to get this functionaltiy.

Lg's Camera is better, clarity wise though both of them share the same MP. But LG doesnt have that many features to manipulate the images as samsung has

Thats all I guess :)

Samsung Galaxy 3 is good, but it looks so cheap, with a silvery finish and the design is very slippery, unlike the LG Optimus one, which has a grippy ruuberized finish.

Hands down Optimus one. You will never find a phone so AWESOME for this price tag!

• himanshu

[deleted post]rs.13500/-

• Ajinkya

[deleted post]I call to lg customer care about launch of optimus one...and they dont even know about this phone...