LG V20

LG V20

Freddo, 30 Mar 2020I have LG V20 with me and the battery always off when its 20% or... moreIs the battery original/genuine OEM LG battery? An original LG OEM battery comes in translucent plastic with paper seal. If you bought your V20 with the battery packed in other packaging, it is fake. Your experience where the V20 shuts down even at 20% or 15% battery is symptom of a fake battery. Now if your V20 phone heats up excessively and drains the battery fast, you may also have a corrupted firmware or a misbehaving app or apps. Factory reset phone in this case and excessive heat up and battery drain will resolve (assuming you have a genuine OEM LG V20 battery installed).

Here's how a brand new OEM/original (not fake) LG V20 battery is packed (note the translucent plastic and paper seal at 4min 13sec into the YouTube video below) :

Any other packaging used in your V20 battery means the battery is fake (even if it looks just like the original). You are better off buying third party extended batteries than buying those fake batteries that look like the original but is actually fake because it did not come in original manufacturer packaging (translucent plastic with paper seal shown in the YouTube video above - 4min 13sec into the video).

Rimac , 28 Mar 2020I've a question : with a V20 stuck at Oreo, which problem I can... moreI have LG V20 with me and the battery always off when its 20% or 15% i dont know why

Rimac , 28 Mar 2020I've a question : with a V20 stuck at Oreo, which problem I can... moreThere are several security vulnerabilities discovered long after the last security patch issued by LG to the V20. Hackers are actively exploiting them. When you do online transactions - example, shop online with your credit card, a hacker can compromise your V20 and capture your credit card details, passwords, etc. using one of the many android vulnerabilities, discovered after the last LG V20 security patch. You don't have to do anything risky. Even just using your wifi or connecting to your bluetooth devices or tethering your mobile data or reading your email or browsing a shopping site can open your V20 to hacking attacks without you knowing it due to unpatched vulnerabilities (security patch not updated). It's as easy as that. No need to open an email with malicious attachment or browse a torrent or malicious site. There are lots of many sophisticated ways hackers can get into a phone with very old security patch despite the user being very careful and even without requiring risky user behavior. Here's a list of all security vulnerabilities unpatched in the V20 with old security patch.

• Rimac

Anonymous, 27 Mar 2020I love mine too despite being stuck in Nougat (ESA-XX unit) and ... moreI've a question : with a V20 stuck at Oreo, which problem I can have using the bank card to online payments ? (I do not use NFC)

MadMax, 26 Mar 2020I Love my V20. Great sound, pictures, video. I would commend it.I love mine too despite being stuck in Nougat (ESA-XX unit) and Oreo (AME-XX unit). No longer my main phone because it's no longer safe for online transactions (credit card, banking). But I sure miss the master remote (IR blasterl), the outstanding audio quality, the excellent camera with superb manual controls and the video out capability using USB C to hdmi adapter. Currently using a Samsung A71 now which is a great V20 replacement although lacking the IR blaster, the manual camera cobtrols, and video out capability. The removable battery, I don't miss as much because the A71 lasts more than twice longer than two 3200mAh LG V20 removable batteries and because the A71 charges superfast, feom 0%-100% in just 1.3hrs.

• MadMax

I Love my V20. Great sound, pictures, video. I would commend it.

• Tahir

I have docomo v20 but it does not connect to internet on mobilink network

Anonymous, 16 Mar 2020Not sure how you recommend Samsung as an alternative to LG. They... moreEven if Samsung's midrange offerings don't offer the level of update speed and frequency as Android one or Pixel phones, I can't think of a phone worse in updates than LG. LG is down there, lower than the absolute lowest. It's beyond zero level really. It's horrendous, non-existent software update support even with regard to expensive flagship phones like my V20 (-ESA-xx) is WORSE than in my $150, entry level Xiaomi Redmi 4x phones. Samsung's upper midrange phones get Android version updates and security updates even if not the fastest, is up near the top.

Anonymous, 29 Feb 2020I won't be wasting my money on another LG phone, LG V60 included... moreNot sure how you recommend Samsung as an alternative to LG. They both suck at software updates. At least with Samsung's non Enterprise models.

• Vegetarianwino

Rimac , 28 Feb 2020The V20 can have an acceptable continuity with the new V60, desp... moreUh.... no.

Chudo, 01 Mar 2020what phone model please?F800L i downloaded the stock rom from internet and upgraded using LGUP app on my laptop

• Rimac

Anonymous, 10 Mar 2020Does it hold a day? I'm using the 6.400 mAh PERFINE since two years and two months. At May, the third anniversary of my trusty V20 maybe change it by one new PERFINE with the same mAh.

gromm01, 09 Mar 2020Buy a battery from Perfine on Amazon or Aliexpress. Those are am... moreDoes it hold a day?

knops, 07 Mar 2020Bought the LGV20 about 5 months ago and the battery strated swel... moreBuy a battery from Perfine on Amazon or Aliexpress. Those are amazing and exceed 4000mah in capacity. This is what I use on my v20 right now.

• Rimac

knops, 07 Mar 2020Bought the LGV20 about 5 months ago and the battery strated swel... moreTry changing the battery brand.

• knops

Bought the LGV20 about 5 months ago and the battery strated swelling 2 months later. Today the same thing started so I am on my 3rd battery in 5 months. Grrrrrr

Raymond, 21 Feb 2020Just updated to android 9 pie using lgUP application. Its AWESOM... morewhat phone model please?

• h7kn

come on lg. release the 9.0 pie update for international users too.

Rimac , 29 Feb 2020Has the A71 the same audio quality in audio recording, video rec... moreFor sure, no but the A71 isn't by all means far behind or mediocre. It's good quality sound, though certainly not better than the V20. With the proper equalizer settings, the quality difference doesn't matter as much especially when you consider that it costs around half the V20's launching price.