LG V20

LG V20

FRILL, 24 Jan 2021This particular phone never needed an OS update. Still runn... moreConsidering Lineage has been supporting this thing through Android 10, it's no surprise how much people loved this phone (I'm currently using it...with Oreo. Lol)

If LG does manage to sell their smartphone business, I hope they make their final phones with removable batteries with an IP67 at minimum. That would kick tail in my book.

• FRILL

This particular phone never needed an OS update. Still running circles around many way over priced phones today 5 years later with a 5 year old OS. The only things holding the V20 back now are maybe the cameras which work fine for me, the absence of stereo speakers, and the of course the service provider. That's about it.

Rimac , 21 Jan 2021After nearly six years of losses, LG is considering abandon... moreI agree 101%. That's what you get when you have horrible software update and after sales support. Imagine, many $799 LG V20 phone variants were never updated by LG even once. They were released with Android 7.0 Nougat and remained under Android 7.0 Nougat. Thankfully, because of the removable batteries, the excellent audio quality, the FM radio, micro SD storage, the excellent photo and 4K video quality plus the learning capable master remote, they are still useful as multimedia devices.

• Rimac

After nearly six years of losses, LG is considering abandoning its mobile division.
Being brave and original is (apparently) useless.
I think that the disaster of their updating policy is closely related to the loss economic exercises.

MLAVRA, 13 Jan 2021 https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqZulap Charging in the phone,... moreThank you LAVRA!Will try these ones and post my opinion a couple of months of their arrival.I bet there's a lot more Europeans with this phone having the same issue.

On my 4 th LG CP This ones great! Luv it! V-20

Luv it!!!

Chudo, 12 Jan 2021That is what I was asking for the whole time. How long did... more
Charging in the phone, 36 - 40 hours (or average 6 - 7 hours SOT)

MLAVRA, 06 Jan 2021I also live in Europe, ordered Perfine 4100 from Aliexpress... moreThat is what I was asking for the whole time.
How long did it take to arive?Do you charge them in original LG cradle,or directly in the phone?
How long do they hold a charge?
Can you PLEASE send me a link where you bought them?

Chudo, 02 Jan 2021Thanks Rimac,but I was looking for a bit more specific inst... moreI also live in Europe, ordered Perfine 4100 from Aliexpress, arrived fast (less than 3 weeks) and works very well. Hope it will last.

Rimac , 02 Jan 2021You can use the 4.100 mAh PERFINE and with the original bac... moreThanks Rimac,but I was looking for a bit more specific instructions,as I can't find a single seller who is selling these in Europe.
I guess I am gonna have to use aliexpess

• Rimac

Chudo, 01 Jan 2021Hey guys.I'm in Europe and there's really not man... moreYou can use the 4.100 mAh PERFINE and with the original back cover contacts doesn't lose the NFC.

• FRILL

Ch-Waqas-Ahmed, 30 Dec 20209 pie has lots of bugs no one can tell that this was a flag... moreMy sediments exactly. Keep the Nougat the phone was developed with. All 3 of my V20s still running Nougat. No intention of updating. A wonderful device as is.

Hey guys.I'm in Europe and there's really not manny options regarding the replacment batteries.Usually there are mostly poor quality aftermarkets and really can't find a single one with some positive feedback.Anybody else based in Europe got a hang of some good ones?If yes,please refer the link/s? I'm strictly interested in normal sized ones,as I am still good on my extended 12k mah aftermarket one but the two 3200 mah I have don't hold a charge for more than 2 hours.

• Rimac

Ch-Waqas-Ahmed, 30 Dec 20209 pie has lots of bugs no one can tell that this was a flag... moreI doesn't say nothing about my V20 upgraded to 9 Pie, isn't upgraded there, but bought Nougat in 2.017, May and upgraded to 8 Oreo in Sept., '18, I can inform you that works fine since and without any form of bugs.

Rimac , 10 Dec 2020It's better doesn't use the reverse on mobile phones. I think it's better to go back if possible rather than keep using the upgraded version when it can't be used at its maximum level.

Anonymous, 11 Dec 2020You risk bricking your phone if you downgrade without rooti... more9 pie has lots of bugs no one can tell that this was a flagship in 2016 by using it on 9 pie.

Nougat was the only one that was developed with the piece of mind but 8 and 9 developed in a hurry and that's the point where it is left behind.

• Ant Dog

FRILL, 07 Dec 2020I'm still running Nougat. No issues at all. No reason ... moreI agree I love my LG v20

• FRILL

Anyemi, 15 Dec 2020Hi Guys! I need your help here. Between the LG G6 and the L... moreIt depends on your needs. If you are a headphone junkie like me, go with the V20. It's got the Quad DAC. And a bunch of other stuff. Read the other posts on that. Best Regards.

• Anyemi

Hi Guys! I need your help here. Between the LG G6 and the LG V20, which one is a better smartphone to buy? Thanks.