LG V20

LG V20

• mintor4603

Anonymous, 09 Apr 2021Have you tried the Perfine BL-44E1F/V20 4100mAh battery? ... moreused 10 k battery last 4 days

Karol, 08 Apr 2021I have used the LG V20 as my primary cell for over 4 yrs. ... moreHave you tried the Perfine BL-44E1F/V20 4100mAh battery?

I have one that works without a problem in my V20.

• Dave A

Chudo, 06 Apr 2021Omg. I am swallowing my words right now. Thank you,looks ... moreYour wireless carrier is required to provide security updates........however the OS updates are longer provided, and have stopped at Android 8.0.

• Rimac

Karol, 08 Apr 2021I have used the LG V20 as my primary cell for over 4 yrs. ... moreMy primary V20 (I have two, to special vid purposes) will be four years old next month. After many changes of batteries in brands and mAh, I use satisfied since long time ago the 6.400 mAh PERFINE.

• Karol

I have used the LG V20 as my primary cell for over 4 yrs. I just bought two in Open box from ebay since they won't be making them anymore and this is the very best phone for my needs.
The audio for music and calls is superb. The removeable battery is a major plus also. The only issue is that it only accepts some batteries and won't use some that look like the original.
Wish I could find some new batteries that will not give me an issue.

YUKI93, 12 Mar 2021Oh really? Samsung would like to have a word with you, then... moreOmg.
I am swallowing my words right now.
Thank you,looks like I found my new daily driver.
Not that anything is wrong with my V20,but the lack of security updates is forcing me to find something where I can safely use my banking and other stuff where security might be an issue.
And I'm sorry for acting so arrogant...

• FRILL

Dometalican, 06 Apr 2021With the recent news, once I get my hands on the Xperia, I&... moreTotally agree on that. I've already changed one screen, it only cost me $75. With two more V20's on stand by in case something more major happens. If I ever have to switch up due to an obsolete issue it will be the worse phone change ever.

With the recent news, once I get my hands on the Xperia, I'm going to give my LG V20 a refresh by replacing the display (it's got burn-in and is scratched a little) and the rear camera glass that randomly got cracked one day). Afterwards, get it another OEM battery and 10,000mAH battery and practice rooting and installing Lineage on it so that I can give this thing new life. That DAC, removable battery, IR blaster, and second screen are pretty much irreplaceable.

sad day, LG officially out from smartphones market, if only they released phones like v20, try to make their phones actually unique rather than following market.

now i'm kinda worry to buy v20 at this moment, if the phones have some hardware problems, it's going to be really hard to repair it

• Rimac

Larry, 03 Apr 2021I disagree. The screen is very good on this phone. The onl... moreI agree. After four years of use it I think that now it would be very difficult for me to get used to not having a second screen.

• Larry

Jio, 31 Mar 2021i have been using this phone since 2018 and its been phenom... moreI disagree. The screen is very good on this phone. The only reason I would need an oled display is for the always on display, but this phone has the second screen for that purpose

i had this for 4 years then i got redmi note 9 then iphone xs max
weird cycle yes
but v20 had a lot of problems from performance to overheating to a bad battery to screen burn in all in all bad experience

• FRILL

Rimac , 02 Apr 2021I agree. Those who need to change the phone continuously ar... moreVery Well Said. That is exactly the situation.

• Rimac

Anonymous, 01 Apr 2021i see, thanks for all of your replies! i really appreciate ... moreI agree. Those who need to change the phone continuously are heavy consumers of Facebook, twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc., greedy collectors of photo - vid and sometimes it is combined with hard gaming.
This kind of users aren't well matched with an oriented phone to activities more calm, as is the V20.

i see, thanks for all of your replies! i really appreciate it!

i'm kinda looking for a new phone and for the moment v20 is the top of my choices,i don't have many choices to begin with to be honest since newer phones just downright idiotic in my opinion...from sizes,less usable features, prices, and stuff

anyway since this is android phone and also the old version ones, so you know i assume some compatibility with newer apps probably would become problem and i also read the os somewhat buggy in LG phones and not to mention almost non existent update support so with that in mind that's why i still have some doubts that perhaps picking v20 in 2021 maybe not a wise choice but if everything works fine just like as a solid phone would do then that's really nice to hear. i mainly just gonna use it for a phone,chatting,browsing stuff,reading some news, and old consoles emulator gaming. not really into media consumption,camera stuff and newest gaming stuff so newest ultimate hardwares not really the main priority here,i just need to know that the os/software works just fine even in 2021 or perhaps there should be something i have to look out for before picking v20?

thanks for your time!

• Jio

Anonymous, 30 Mar 2021is the v20 still usable? or is it better just to look for s... morei have been using this phone since 2018 and its been phenomenal experience. LCD screen is disadvantage but other than that its pretty awesome phone.

Anonymous, 30 Mar 2021is the v20 still usable? or is it better just to look for s... moreStill using mine, today is exactly 4 years, yesterday I ordered a new phone.

• Rimac

Anonymous, 30 Mar 2021is the v20 still usable? or is it better just to look for s... moreIn four years of use it could have changed four times as many people do with other phones and I have not needed it.
If this answers the question ?

• FRILL

Anonymous, 30 Mar 2021is the v20 still usable? or is it better just to look for s... moreIt really depends on your needs. I've been using a V20 for going on 5 years. I have not updated the OS ever, so if you get one, try to get a brand new un-updated one. They are still out there. I use it to do everything from surfin the web, paying bills, shopping to playing music on one of if not the best headphone Jacks in the industry. It runs full size headphones with ease. The cameras are really the only thing I see improving if I ever decide to get a newer phone. However, these cameras work fine for my needs. I have a real camera if I need really great pictures. Also, this phone has a military spec. toughness rating, but is not ip68 rated. That being said, I have dropped my V20 into a tank of some pretty nasty stuff but was able to remove the battery, (another nice but almost extinct feature) and dry it out. Amazingly it survived and still works. I run a Taeozi 10800 mAh (that does not support NFC) and charge my phone about every three or four days. Can't explain how nice that is. Anyway, if you want the latest cameras, or wireless charge, that would be about the only reason not to get a V20. I'll say it again. Love this Phone.

is the v20 still usable? or is it better just to look for something newer?