LG V20

LG V20

bought this phone yesterday and I love it! :D
although, does anyone know how to stop the default messaging app from automatically converting long text messages? when I go over 160 characters it automatically turns it into mms. is there any workaround it? I've searched its messaging settings and can't find any that would relate to it.
mine's the F800S model.

• Girish

Guys thank you for your suggestions on the battery. Have another issue, my v20 is not connecting to my wifi at home and it is sometimes connecting and disconnecting by itself. Anyone else facing this issue? if so please let me know if there is any solution.

• Girish

Anonymous, 29 Aug 2019have been using this one from Amazon for a while now and no com... moreThank you

• Girish

The wolverine, 01 Sep 2019If in India try it from the service center i stay in Mumbai i go... moreThank you

• The wolverine

Girish, 28 Aug 2019Hi guys just wanted to know if anyone has replaced the battery, ... moreIf in India try it from the service center i stay in Mumbai i got it for 746rs with gst original and hassle free just call them before gng. I got manufacturing date of April 2019

• Rimac

To swap out batteries of different amperages / size is a point which the V20 makes the difference.
Today with a 4.100 mAh model I've the slimmest but powerful V20.

• Daniel m

Guy, 29 Aug 2019I've had a V20 for a couple of years and use it constantly. I o... morehow can i get access to 4200mAh Li-Polymer Battery for LG
V20?

• Rimac

Girish, 28 Aug 2019Hi guys just wanted to know if anyone has replaced the battery, ... moreThe extended batteries that I commonly use was purchased at Amazon.
If you are interested in the 3.200 mAh OEM batteries maybe you can find it also there. Otherwise you can try to find it in any online store.

Girish, 28 Aug 2019Hi guys just wanted to know if anyone has replaced the battery, ... morehave been using this one from Amazon for a while now and no complaints so far: LG V20 BL-44E1F Battery Replacement, SHENMZ 4200mAh Li-Polymer Battery for LG V20 BL-44E1F H910 H918 LS997 US996 VS995 - V20 Spare Battery

• FatFreddy

Girish, 28 Aug 2019Hi guys just wanted to know if anyone has replaced the battery, ... moreI am using this 8200mah battery:

With this backcover:

It is bigger and heavier than stock battery, but no near as hefty as the zerolemon.
Totally worth it.

• Guy

Girish, 28 Aug 2019Hi guys just wanted to know if anyone has replaced the battery, ... moreI've had a V20 for a couple of years and use it constantly. I own three batteries and swap them regularly. It's a 30 second job, and having multiple batteries massively enhances its usefulness.

Just order them from a reputable online supplier. Pick any brand with good reviews but NOT LG - as most things sold with "original branding" are fakes: you're better off buying something from a company prepared to put their own brand on it. I've had Perfine, Tothl and Powerbear without trouble.

You can buy separate battery chargers as well, normally after-market "cradles" that'll take the phone plus one spare battery at the same time.

Kio, 18 Aug 2019Anyone ever had signal issues? Where signal just keeps coming an... moreMaybe you bought the wrong model number, you know they're variants when it comes to band mode, each country has it's variant GSM band, please check your model number for your country

• Girish

Hi guys just wanted to know if anyone has replaced the battery, my battery life is long gone and need to replace the battery. Should I just get it from ebay or are there any other trusted sellers out there. Please let me know

• Rimac

Kio, 25 Aug 2019What network do you use, GSM???Further information.
Network technology : GSM / HSPA / LTE.

• Rimac

Kio, 25 Aug 2019What network do you use, GSM???LTE. Band 20 (800)

• Kio

Rimac , 21 Aug 2019Yes, is the trouble with different versions, both, with the diff... moreWhat network do you use, GSM???

• Rimac

Kio, 20 Aug 2019Oh cool. I'm stuck with Nougat...system says I'm "up-to-date"...... moreYes, is the trouble with different versions, both, with the different phone networks and the OS Android updates too.
The H990DS B&O also can get Oreo, here, in Spain.

LG V20 F800L Pie beta update has been released, I hope the international variant will get the update.

• Kio

Rimac , 18 Aug 2019I own two H990N, the first one since two years and four months a... moreOh cool. I'm stuck with Nougat...system says I'm "up-to-date"...but anyways, I think I just bought the wrong version. Where I live uses GSM and I got the CDMA one unfortunately.