LG V40 ThinQ

LG V40 ThinQ

DutchDude, 23 May 2020There is an updated version out there. LG G8/G8s are pretty much... moreIsn't it would be the V50 ThinQ 5G?

LG V40 ThinQ on Verizon, here's some good news for you. The long awaited update to Android 10 for your device is now finally rolling out.

Both AT&T and T-Mobile have beaten Verizon to the punch, while Sprint is lagging behind even worse for some reason

Ahmad. T, 28 May 2020Hello people. Could anyone suggest if V40 comes as "V40+ Thinq"... moreThere isn't one, is there?

• Ahmad. T

Hello people.
Could anyone suggest if V40 comes as "V40+ Thinq" and it is also marked at the back with a plus sign..

Medstar1, 28 Apr 2020Yes, that would be nice. I've had the device for over a year and... moreThere is an updated version out there. LG G8/G8s are pretty much the same phone with a better chipset and larger battery.

• Trevis

This is a good/underrated phone. Yes the battery could be bigger, but keep in mind the year before the note 8 was almost the same size with a 3300mah battery. You get a lotta screen, great camera, phone takes good video, runs smoothly and is half or more the price of Apple Samsung used. The camera is not as good as an iphone and Samsungs screen a maybe a bit better (you only notice side by side) but neither one of these is to the point the phone is second rate to the two aforementioned. Bottom line it is a top tier phone. Honestly (and I have done this too) we punish this and other phones for not being Samsungs or Iphones. The OS is not the same button mapping is dif. Give LG and others a chance

Loveforever, 29 Apr 2020Use Zerolemon batteryLG V40 is undercut by it's poor battery life. It's a fact. Just look at the pathetic battery endurance results that GsmArena performed on V40.

If a phone can't get through a whole day of my usage, as much as I am concerned it can have the coolest features on the entire planet, it can even tie my shoe laces for me but I cannot recommend or buy it. It's out of question.

Medstar1, 28 Apr 2020Yes, that would be nice. I've had the device for over a year and... moreany burned screen issues like G4 ?

• Ron7x

RishiGuru, 17 Apr 2020You see there lies MY problem. I am a power user and V30 bar... moreUse Zerolemon battery

Yes, that would be nice. I've had the device for over a year and it is one of the best phones I've had. It would be great to have an updated version in the same form factor.

I really like the design of the lg v40 thinq. Maybe we could have an updated lg v40 with android 10, snapdragon 865 etc. Lg v40 se anyone?

• Art

Anyone else having problems with V 40 Thin Q and their ability to use the phone with hands free capability of their car? I have a Hyundai Palisade and I cannot get phone to allow me to use hands free voice commands. I am running Android Auto and my cable is connected.
Very frustrating.
LG says its a known defect but can't tell me when or if a fix is coming.

DudePerfect18, 13 Feb 2020I have had my V40 for a while now and it runs supe smooth even o... moreHow much time you can play heavy games such as pubg??

• User2016

LGV40user, 16 Apr 2020Where did AnandTech reviewed ? I couldn't find any link/article.... moreHahaha :) The article by AnandTech is so popular and reliable that you will not find it anywhere. They would have taken it off from the server due to credibility factor.
Just chill Bro and enjoy your V40 .

Anonymous, 17 Apr 2020Nahh.. As an owner of v30 and v40... i can comfirm that the bat... moreYou see there lies MY problem.

I am a power user and V30 barely lasts me a day. So you can imagine it will be impossible for me to live with V40 without charging twice a day. Charging twice a day is not an option for ME and ANY phone which cannot last ME a day for my usage pattern has poor battery backup in my eyes.

Others may vary.

RishiGuru, 13 Apr 2020You are absolutely right. But then again, the battery backup iss... moreNahh.. As an owner of v30 and v40... i can comfirm that the battery life is good on v40 but not as great as the v30... For moderate use it will last a full day.. With 5. 5 - 6hrs sot.. Of course it will not go as high as 9 - 10hrs sot but v40 is good enough for phone with less battery capacity..

And yes, update with full system dark mode really improved the battery performance.. Lg really done a good job with this.

AB, 14 Apr 2020Is there any gcam support for V40??Yes.. You can search and try gcam that support all three camera, normal, wide, telephoto.. & the color will be consistent across all lens.. Better than stock camera app.

RishiGuru, 12 Apr 2020Good to know LG V40 have received an update. LG's software updat... more:P
Could any provide headphone jack with Quad DAC. You don't even own the phone. How could you say that without using it ?

RishiGuru, 14 Apr 2020I now firmly believe LG V40 have excellent battery backup. At... moreWhere did AnandTech reviewed ? I couldn't find any link/article.
Could you provide me ?

There was just forum discussion and last V series they reviewed was V30.