LG V50 ThinQ 5G Dual Screen review
We may be a bit late with our LG V50 review, but the holiday season is upon us, and the LG V50 ThinQ 5G with its Dual Screen accessory is shaping to be a deal worth looking forward to. It's one jam-packed flagship with everything that's cool right now, it comes with a unique take on multi-tasking, and it also opens the 5G world to you on the cheap.
Indeed, the LG V50 - this is what we'd call it from now on - is built by LG's flagship standards with all-sorts of protections on its dual-glass body and they did not come at the expense of jacks or slots.
The 6.4" OLED screen is as top-notch as they come - the resolution is extended 1440p making for amazing 538ppi density, there is both HDR10 and Dolby Vision support, Always-on option and whatnot. And underneath that beauty is the Snapdragon 855 chip with 6GB RAM and a 5G modem.
LG has spared no resources on the cameras. The V50 offers a triple camera in its back with wide + telephoto + ultrawide arrangement, while the notch at the front hosts two selfie shooters for standard and wide photos.
The V50 has a lot more to offer, though, and some of the features can't be seen right away. The 4,000 mAh is very much appreciated, there is also a Hi-Fi DAC, stereo speakers, FM radio, and even a standalone microSD slot.
LG V50 ThinQ specs
- Body: Aluminum frame, Gorilla Glass 5 front, Gorilla Glass 6 rear. 183g. MIL-STD-810G compliant (14 categories of tests); IP68 rated for dust and water resistance.
- Screen: 6.4" 1440p+ P-OLED; 19.5:9 aspect ratio with a waterdrop notch, 538ppi; HDR 10 and Dolby Vision support.
- Camera: Primary: 12MP, 1/2.55" sensor, 1.4µm pixel size; f/1.5 27mm lens, 3-axis OIS, dual pixel PDAF. Telephoto: 12MP, 1/3.4" sensor, 1.0µm pixel size, f/2.4 52mm lens, OIS, PDAF; Ultrawide-angle: 16MP, 1/3.1" sensor, 1.0µm pixel size; f/1.9 aperture, 136-degree FOV lens, 16mm equiv. focal length, fixed focus.
- Selfie cam: Primary: 8MP, 1/4"sensor, 1.12µm pixel size, f/1.9 26mm lens, fixed focus; Wide: 5MP, 1/5" sensor, 1.12µm pixel size, f/2.2 21mm lens, fixed focus.
- Chipset: Snapdragon 855 chipset, octa-core processor (1x2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3x2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 485), Adreno 640 GPU.
- Memory: 6GB of RAM; 128GB storage; dedicated microSD slot.
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with LG UX8.0, Android 10 + LG UX 9.0 planned upgrade
- Battery: 4,000mAh Lithium Polymer (sealed); Quick Charge 3.0/Power Delivery fast charging; Qi wireless charging 10W.
- Connectivity: 5G, LTE-A, optional Dual SIM, USB Type-C; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; GPS; Bluetooth 5.0; NFC, FM radio.
- Misc: Rear-mounted fingerprint reader; Hi-Fi Quad DAC; 3.5mm headphone jack; stereo speakers.
- Dual Screen: Optional snap on secondary display: 6.2" FullHD+ OLED, 131g, no battery.
There is literally nothing missing on the LG V50 right now. Sure, Android 10 is not available yet, but it's coming early next year.
Meanwhile, the V50 can be bought with or without the Dual Screen accessory, but if the bundle is priced attractively it may actually be worth your hard-earned cash!
Unboxing the LG V50 ThinQ 5G Dual Screen
If you buy the LG V50 Dual Screen bundle, then you will get two boxes wrapped in a black paper sleeve. The smaller box contains the Dual Screen case and some manuals.
The second box contains the LG V50 ThinQ 5G and its core accessories. Next to the phone, inside, you will find a 16W charger and a USB-C cable.
But that's not all. As opposed to the G8X retail box, the V50's also contains a pair of in-ear headphones with a braided cable.
Dual screen case price....
- 24 Jun 2020
Price sounds super; I cant find a tutu to buy from , what is this tutu?
- 27 May 2020
So they showed three major bands on the 5g modem: n41(2.6Ghz-Sprint), n260(39Ghz- AT&T), and n261(28Ghz-Verizon), as well as n78(3.5Ghz), which is only used in Europe, China, and maybe India. My main question is, has anyone with this phone i...
- 17 Apr 2020