LG Velvet

LG Velvet

• Mayur Zad

LG already confirm! velvet will receive 3 years of major software update which means it will get android 13.

• Ameer

This phone doesn't support dual sim even though it has the dual sim tray. No software support for 2 sims. Android 11 is available. Great cam (low light images are perfect even without ois) display is superb sound quality is on another level.

paco2x, 05 Apr 2021You better pick the Motorola regardless if the Velvet is be... moreWhat does it matter if no more updates? Android 10 is already great and perfectly suitable. Second tier androids like lg and motorola hardly get updates anyway.

Gabe, 01 Apr 2021Guys, between this phone and Motorola edge ( both are avail... moreYou better pick the Motorola regardless if the Velvet is better... LG mobile is closing shop and most likely won't be any updates at all.

• Gabe

Guys, between this phone and Motorola edge ( both are available to me in my country at the same price) which one is better, camera wise?

Makes, 11 Mar 2021I am due for an upgrade. I'm choosing between LG Velve... moreIf updates are important to you, go for Note 10 lite. LG's updates are slower and less frequent (Velvet will still get updated to Android 12).

If you love the stylus experience, go for Note 10 lite.

For almost everything else (including battery and camera) go for LG Velvet.

• Makes

I am due for an upgrade. I'm choosing between LG Velvet & Samsung Note 10 Lite. Which one do you recommend and why?
Besides camera and sound quality, please advise on performance, battery life, multitasking and ruggedness.

Headphone jack and sd card?

This phone already offers more than Samsung lol
Poor poor Samsung...

• Anjan

Muzik, 08 Feb 2021Hi, Right now I am using Audio-Technica ATH-M50x and Sony M... moreThanks

Anjan, 07 Feb 2021Which earphone you are using in lg g7?? Suggest me someHi, Right now I am using Audio-Technica ATH-M50x and Sony MDR-EX750NA. But if you have low budget go for Sony IER-H500A. But the main point is Ear/Headphones should be Hi-Res. certified to get full output of Quad DAC. Hope it helps. And there is trick also to fire that DAC. This link ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L9CL1pAoTU ) for your help.

• Anjan

Muzik, 07 Jan 2021Hi, The sound quality is as good as a normal Snapdragon sou... moreWhich earphone you are using in lg g7?? Suggest me some

XLR8R, 31 Jan 2021In case of S20 series they do not have their own DAC....The... moreI agree with you. But also I owned LG G7+ Thinq. Thats why I am not upgrading my mobile. You can go through previous comments where I have started discussion. It is all about LG QuadDAC comparison with Non-LG Mobiles.
LG is the best at Sounds!

Muzik, 24 Jan 2021Hi, I just listened to Samsung S20+ with its AKG Type-c ea... moreIn case of S20 series they do not have their own DAC....The 3.5 mm dongle they sell is based off a Realtek codec with a weaker amp stage. And for some reason it works better on a Samsung phone than on a non Samsung device.

The AKG earphones probably have the same chip built in....you can get a good experience from the S20/Note20 series by buying a higher end Realtek DAC based usb type c to 3.5 mm converter and using your favorite earphones/headphones. It sounds next best after an LG.

Samsung phones with an Exynos chipset and a 3.5 mm jack also usually have a Cirrus Logic DAC which is competent enough. But like I said, you can't beat LG.

XLR8R, 18 Jan 2021Zero 8i is good, better than S5 Pro. As for Vivo, both t... moreI have an eye for Zero, but I always find Infinix to be a step behind Redmi/ Poco/ Realme for same price.

You are on-point with drop in product quality in recent Vivo smartphones. I don't like any of their phones available in India since 2019 onwards. In my eyes Vivo's 2018 flagship, the NEX (NEX S in China) was the best phone they ever made. I also liked the 2018 bound Vivo X21 (X21UD in China) which you own. It has similar looks, curves & built quality of the NEX but with mid-range specs.

RishiGuru, 12 Jan 2021Sound signatures vary according to audio tuning houses. B&a... moreHi,
I just listened to Samsung S20+ with its AKG Type-c earphones. I can say it was very good experience in terms of quality and loudness but that punch is lacking. But when I try that with original Type-c connector paired with Sony earphones, they just sound outstanding and balanced. The loudness is almost 80% as compared to LG but thats make S20+ best Non-Chinese, Non-LG phone out there. I recommend that to one friend and that turns out to be very surprised. Let me know if you have experienced that.

RishiGuru, 23 Dec 2020How about the Infinix Zero 8i? Do you think 8i is worth the... moreZero 8i is good, better than S5 Pro.

As for Vivo, both their product quality and lineup went downhill since 2019. I guess they stopped putting the AKM DACs because not many people actually care about sound quality....

Muzik, 11 Jan 2021Hi, I totally agree with your points. I know what you sai... moreSound signatures vary according to audio tuning houses. B&O tuned LG's have clean & neutral sound while that of Meridian Audio is energetic & ravishing. Your G7 is tuned by LG itself, so slightly different to B&O.

At the end it all boils down to personal preferences, as we all are treating sound quality subjectively with our ears. Which ever suits your acquired taste, gun for it & be happy.

RishiGuru, 11 Jan 2021I agree. The QuadDAC you are refereeing in your LG G7 is... moreHi,
I totally agree with your points. I know what you said because I researched a lot about sound designs as I updated myself when times needs it. Like Cassette, CD player, Mp3-Mp4 Player, iPods etc... ESS is the best for me. V30+ may have good sound (I didn't experienced yet) but at that time G7+ had latest specs like processor and RAM. I checked V30's sound and I all difference I made that time was just a little more filtered sound in Lg G7+. Thats why I choose this one.
But V40 was tuned by Meridian and I can hear the difference while enabling DTX. Both had different level of output one is clear and one was enhanced. So, I didn't updated mine to V40.
As fas as Sound is concerned, I didn't find any mobile (Non-Chinese) which can give Loudness + clarity at the same time.
You can suggest me (Non-Chinese) if any is there. Will experience them for sure.

Muzik, 07 Jan 2021Hi, I checked the sound quality of Velvet by myself. I can ... moreI agree.

The QuadDAC you are refereeing in your LG G7 is actually ESS ES9218P SABRE audio chip. It is one of the best there is for smartphones. All smartphones starting from G6, G7, G8, G8X, V30, V35, V40 & V50 used this same audio chip.

Velvet mostly uses Qualcomm Aqstic WCD9341 audio codec in high performance mode. So much better and cleaner audio than other phones.

But everybody make no mistake, WCD9341 in NO substitute of ES9218P.

I have a lot of smartphones but only 4 qualifies for my critical music listening sessions. They are LG V30+, LG G8X, Vivo NEX S & Vivo X5 Max.