Meizu X8

Meizu X8

• Bartek

I have installed China version flymeos 8.1. Google apps from Xiaomi installer. Results are better battery, better call quality, much better photos. Than flymeos 7 global.

ajkon, 18 Apr 2020I have this phone for almost 6 months and I am happy with i... moreI have the global version, but I rooted the phone and install CN version of flyme 8, then sideload the Google apps. Looking forward to flyme 8.2 based on Android 10, now in 2nd testing phase.

• ajkon

I have this phone for almost 6 months and I am happy with it. Only bad things on it are Battery drains faster than on my previous Redmi 7 and I am sure it is caused by that fullHD screen rather than smaller battery or chipset. Also no Global Flyme 8 (for sure now) is quite disappointment. No dark theme then. And phone is prone to scatches /on the back strangely more than on display.

Eli93, 05 Jan 2020Man are you sure about that? Especially the battery consump... moreI rooted my phone and upgraded to flyme 8.

• Bartek

Phone is great, I bought it for equivalent of 150 USD, with 23% Vat included. Small notch, good quality screen, good sound on headphones, good photos, even better with google camera, only downside I can tell is easily scratching camera glass and back panel. Main speaker is good, but not as good as on Samsung Galaxy S devices

• Eli93

rj, 20 Oct 2019I updated my meizu x8 to flyme 7.3, Excluding of all the c... moreMan are you sure about that? Especially the battery consumption issue, I just bought the device and first thing I did was upgrading to 7.3 so I can't tell the difference since I didn't use it on 7.1. what do you recommend?

Hapstrigg, 21 Oct 2019Have they fixed the touchscreen issue when playing games co... moreI updated my phone to flyme 8, and they fixed it.i have global variant but i rooted the phone and install the chinese update.

rj, 20 Oct 2019I updated my meizu x8 to flyme 7.3, Excluding of all the c... moreHave they fixed the touchscreen issue when playing games cos that's the only turnoff for me regarding this phone. Well that and small battery.

• rj

Anonymous, 03 Aug 2019no mention about they update it to pie in version Flyme 7.... moreI updated my meizu x8 to flyme 7.3, Excluding of all the changes stated, my phone's wifi and dataconnectivity has weakened; ping spikes at the middle of the game and increased battery consumption, so i decided to downgrade to 7.1. Happy and contented now.

P.S. This phone is great. Camera is superb compared to other chinese phone, even without gcam, but you can install it. I git mine at xda forums.

• Benj

Flipp, 13 Apr 2019I have had Meizu X8 for 2 weeks now. Very happy with this p... moreHow to install gcam? Please help , thanks

• Stefan

Nice screen, strong battery, ok camera. Who doesn't need some special futures very good phone for this money. Only minus is that meizu should corning glass, at least 3,4 and put 5 euro more on price. No protection for display.

• adis

Yes the price is 128$ on aliexpress meizu offical store. I alredy ordered black version.

Droped to 128$ 4gb 64gb version on aliexpress.At that price,is a steal.Could no resist getting one as a spare phone

Bananaman, 18 Aug 2019I dont know whether to buy meizu x8 or lenovo z6 lite. Leno... moreMeizu x8 is cheaper...you can get x8 6gb 128gb version for the same price as the z6lite 4gb 64gb version on AliExpress

• Bananaman

I dont know whether to buy meizu x8 or lenovo z6 lite. Lenovo is better in terms of bigger battery,expandable storage and android pie. But i have bad experiences with lenovo. Are they good nowadays? Meizu phone is good in quality. Had a few meizus before. Updates is slow but acceptable. Any thoughts?

ahmetgox, 07 Aug 2019is there a hope for this phone to have eis for videos?No eis but you can stabilize your video using Google photos...or you can just shoot with open camera to get stabilized video

is there a hope for this phone to have eis for videos?

Anonymous, 31 Jul 2019On another website someone said that this is Android 9 upda... moreno mention about they update it to pie in version
Flyme 7.3.0.0G
just update security patch. night mode & some others change

Improved the animation effect when open/exit an app;
Added Three-Finger Swipe Down gesture for screenshot;
Updated Android security patches to improve system security;
Modified the gesture for closing alarm from Swipe up to Tap. Quickly to wake up;
Added super night mode in Camera. Easy to shoot a night scene;
Added Tap to Clear function for Gallery Recycle Bin;
Optimized image cropping ratio;
Optimized the Screen Rec function to get more clear recordings

On another website someone said that this is Android 9 update for the Meizu X8 :

• Haad