Microsoft Surface

Microsoft Surface

• Aries

SPRITEKAY, 04 Sep 2015pls i'm refering to the surface rt 32gb. it just wont run the ai... moreok long story short the RT will NOT run the built in application interface without jail breaking. the dongle requires a small install of an .exe file which is sadly not RT compatible due to factory installed limitations on the software despite the hardware being more than capable. it CAN however tether to a mobile and use your phones data plan or a mobile wifi hotspot

• SPRITEKAY

can somebody just say something regarding wat i asked pls

• SPRITEKAY

pls i'm refering to the surface rt 32gb. it just wont run the airtel 3g modem. it tells me it cannot run on the windows. i'm kind of frustrated. pls help out. pls

• SPRITEKAY

Shado0n3, 01 Dec 2013Yes you can use an USB 3G modem with data-sim card in it :) It h... morei tried connecting with a 3g modem but couldnt install the modem for me to access d net. wat do i do?

• SPRITEKAY

indeed, surface rt is a nice device one should have beside his laptop. very good wen there is power outage. i have it and it keeps me busy cos of its long lasting battery. although i feel limited sometimes wen i need to do other computer based jod such as graphic design. wat can i do to run other usual windows apps such as photoshop etc. pls assist. thanks

• Aries

AnonD-402576, 03 Jun 2015guys will it get the windows 10 update No not a full update but like the lumia phones it will receive a compatibility update and full integration with the universal store for apps and system tweaks in September.

That said its now just a matter fo time before the jailbreak is finished properly and we can run steam in mobile mode to use steam stream with full access to your games.
that said you can already do this fully via various streaming apps such as splashtop and pc remote

• Aries

I know the surface gets a bad rep but as an office tool it is spectacular and although not "designed for gaming" with the simple addition of the splashtop app and a decent home based PC to act as a server and do the grunt work of the processing you can comfortably stream your entire PC to the surface and play pretty much anything with little to no lag (in my remote tests less than 0.3-0.5 seconds) and with a few minor tweaks makes playing almost every game in my steam library possible.
I should say that with MMORPG's the streaming system makes gaming on this thing frankly fantastic and well worth the now significantly reduced price.

I've already buy this tablet, i though it would be perfect tablet for me. But i disappointed with the tablet it self cannot read the exe.file and windows 10 upgrade. I hope the incoming Surface Phone flagship would be my perfect fit for my taste...

• Khurshid

AnonD-382816, 05 Apr 2015Im planning to buy microsoft surface rt,do i get any problems in... morebuy windows Surface pro,
windows RT dosen't support java apps and it will not update to windows 10

guys will it get the windows 10 update

guys help me plzzzzzz

Im planning to buy microsoft surface rt,do i get any problems in tha future?? If so plzz suggest me a 10inch windows tablet
plzzz help me guys

Anonymous, 03 Sep 2014Microsoft need to do new highnest 14 inches thinner tablet with ... morebuy a laptop

• ravi

g)java enbled/ infrared option
h)dual sim 4g options moblies
i)tv output
k)front/back camera
l)lot of applications not installed

these options are must and should

• Mimi

Test

jonlev, 14 Feb 2014trueThat's a brief and great view point and has really helped me narrowing down my choice between Surface 2 & RT. Glad to know it's beneficial for Students and mostly those who have to read lots of research journals. Even I'm planning for getting in PhD where most of your time gets in gathering more details from research papers and working on MS word/PowerPoint presentations.
Above 10hrs screen on time is rather impressive. Well to entertain I suppose it does support media files over greater range. What would I miss..well to be honest I'm done with iPad and nexus 7...these big names are good for show for couple of years and after that they just pile up in corner. With the cut in price, both RT and Surface 2 seems great.
Let me know about it. Looking forward to hear, if possible mail me @ debashis.hira@gmail.com would be grateful.

Thanking you.

Regards.

AnonD-210527, 27 Jan 20141. True. but its a tablet not a pc. using windows store apps is ... moreI find that's quite a well judged opinion about Surface RT. Personally I own both nexus 7 II and iPad Retina, but still miss that laptop like interface where one has more freedom to use that extra screen space. Mostly I like to browse stuffs,ebook reading and almost not much into gaming, have had enough of that during college days. As I find you seem quite satisfied using this Surface RT..let me know how would that fit in for like using it for 3-4 years down the line with windows 8.1,taking into fact that I have no issues with the shortcomings of this not being a fully functional laptop.
I'm more than fine with the laptop like interface (above that its sturdy ergonomic design)with more than great battery life as compared to Nexus 7's 6-7hrs screen on time on KitKat. Added to that a USB port for general media transfer and playing HD videos.
What's the experience if I keep using it for like reading ebooks for a large part as well fiddling with MS office n maximum browsing on IE? How's the overall performance of this machine?
Quite in a fix choosing between Surface RT and advanced version of RT,Surface 2. RT comes in great offer on eBay @ £300 for 64gb..compared to £400 for Surface 2.
Let me know about it mate. Would be grateful if you could mail me if that's not an issue. Mail id- debashis.hira@gmail.com

Thanking you.

Regards,
Dev

Microsoft need to do new highnest 14 inches thinner tablet with this basic specs:

1.Display.- 14 inch QHD - IGZO Led Backlight (~300 ppi pixel density)
2.Memory.- 4 GB RAM
3.Chipset.- Tegra K1 or MediaTek MT6795 64-bit
4.Camera.- 2 MP on both sides

• mjalton@outlook.com

I have had major difficulties working with Microsoft Surface. But the biggest issue is its often unresponsive whether using the touch function, the keyboard or a mouse.

When using other applications - I've had major difficulties - ie, salesforce.com, WSJ - application and there are others.

The battery lasts a long time, but that doesn't help when you're trying to work on the internet or even on Excel documents.

It is not a substitute for a laptop at least not yet. I would never buy one again, unless you think that reading off the surface is a viable investment.

• BLAZE

does this thing could supportb autocad?? please help me.