Motorola DROID 2

Motorola DROID 2

• Aogle2

Durable, Fast for an average user. Plays some games well. What the con is for me is that it has only 512mb of ram which is common but 2.3.4 uses about 200mb of that for its cached apps. Its been in a fire and it lived. the keyboard is stupid to me but that me.

Tech, 30 Jan 2013This is not a GSM device it does not use Sim Cards.if it is a 4g phone, they use sim cards for the 4g. So technically ALL 4g phones are partially GSM

• Tech

MARIA, 27 Dec 2012hi where does the sim card goes in the cellphone?This is not a GSM device it does not use Sim Cards.

MARIA, 27 Dec 2012hi where does the sim card goes in the cellphone?it has a thin metal back that slides on. the Sims card and mini USB are right above the battery.

• MARIA

zaner73k, 14 Oct 2012if you open the back you will see a silver metal guard,take batt... morehi where does the sim card goes in the cellphone?

• Spyder

How do you open the back of this phone to get to the battery?

• spyder

How do you open this phone?

• zaner73k

hulu, 07 Sep 2012Does anyone know if and how to input a new sim card in this phon... moreif you open the back you will see a silver metal guard,take battery out,once out there is a picture of an SD card.

maxr, 21 Apr 2012yes it does have a sim card slothow do i locate the sim card slot?

hulu, 07 Sep 2012Does anyone know if and how to input a new sim card in this phon... moreI was told by Verizon that this phone does not use a
SIM card...
There is no place to put one.

• hulu

Does anyone know if and how to input a new sim card in this phone? There is a black dummy sim in the phone now, but I heard it can be removed and replaced with a personal sim card in order to use the phone unlocked. Is this actually possible? Any detailed help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks,
Hulu

• hulu

Thanks,
Hulu

• ralphi

im ralphi,now i use a motorola doid2 i can't remove the airplane mode. please help me.

Focus, 28 Apr 2012Right now, am using Morotola Droid 2. But i dont no how i can yo... moreHomie I am guessing you don't know much not only about the droid but any other android os based phones go to your music and go to songs now go to the one you want as ringtone and push and hold on the screen on that song till more options come up and one will say set as ringtone lol you're welcome

• jony

I need to unlock it. Does someone know a solution beside calling Verizon or using a Smart Sim?

• Focus

Right now, am using Morotola Droid 2. But i dont no how i can you an Mp3 as a Ringing tone on my phone.

• maxr

cathy, 08 Dec 2011is there a sim card for this droid 2?yes it does have a sim card slot

• none

jay cole, 06 May 2011am in luv with dis fone since I started using dis moto all ma cl... moreSpeak so everyone can understand wtf your saying!

• New to droid

cathy, 08 Dec 2011is there a sim card for this droid 2?No there is not. Its a CDMA network device.

• jon

I've had this phone for since it came out and its pretty awesome. I want to get a new phone because I got my verizon 2 year upgrade, but I'm so conflicted cuz I like this phone so much. Has some lag when flipping through screens or exiting apps, much better since the OS update but its still present, occasional freeze where I have to do a battery pull.
Phone is built like a brick, never had a case on it these 2 years and it barely has a scratch, some1 at work even accidently spilled water all over it and it was fine. I dunno about the other comment about having to replace them because I'm hard on my phone (leave it in my pocket no matter what I'm doing, dropped it a few,etc) and its fine.
I'd say if u get it on a deal cuz its old now then do it, its a solid choice even now. even at 2 years old when I pull it out people will be like "damn what kinda phone is that?"