Motorola Moto G

Motorola Moto G

• tehreem kashan

Great phone strong power full Backup beautiful easy to use

Great phone, even though it was released in 2013.

Camera - not bad, but if you turn on HDR you can get some decent shots.
Battery - lasts around 2 days on very light usage, if you keep the screen on and keep using it you can get around half a day. Didn't age badly.

I use mine with Android 10 without GApps. Although some apps won't work well with a lack of GApps, the ones I use daily do, and they run pretty quickly. Overall the phone runs pretty smooth for my usage.

Unfortunately, it isn't without its cons. The main one being memory, the other one being speakers.

As you have only 1GB of RAM, you won't do much multitasking.
The built-in speaker is pretty mediocre. It can be mitigated by either connecting an external one or just using an equalizer app.

What's even better is that you can get those pretty cheaply.
Certainly can recommend.

NeonHD, 10 May 2020Is Android 10 even good on the Moto G? I flashed LOS16 (Pie... moreNot sure that 10 is out for it yet, or if it will be. I put 9 on the G and it is working great on mine. I have several G's and it worked perfectly on 2 out of the 3 that I have. Third one was weird. Main board was for Cricket. Never heard of them since they don't exist in my area so working to figure out how to get around that. Probably not hard but I tend to put it aside when I run into and issue and go back to it when I can. Just got lazy with that one.

avto, 07 Mar 2020yeah i have superior os android 10 on this deviceIs Android 10 even good on the Moto G? I flashed LOS16 (Pie) and it was super buggy and laggy. Even the Oreo ROMs seemed unstable.

Nougat ROMs were the only stable and fast ROMs for me. Especially LOS14, that ROM was the best.

LOL I sold this phone to some e-boy an year ago, which is funny because back then I didn't even know what an e-boy was xD

I bet the majority of old or ultra-budget phones are being used solely for tik tok lmao.

• avto

Jack, 02 Feb 2020Wrong. There is a Android 10 ROM for this deviceyeah i have superior os android 10 on this device

Brought in Feb 2014 and still using it. Installed custom Android 10 (without gapps), smooth and functional.

• Jack

Lee, 12 Dec 2019The lousy specs on this phone can't support Android 9, you idiot!Wrong. There is a Android 10 ROM for this device

• Lee

intake, 13 Nov 2019How you put android 9? i have gps problems and i dont know... moreThe lousy specs on this phone can't support Android 9, you idiot!

intake, 13 Nov 2019How you put android 9? i have gps problems and i dont know... moreThis could be very small

5.5 " full screen display is better

Like Samsung galaxy s10e

intake, 13 Nov 2019How you put android 9? i have gps problems and i dont know... moreSony Xperia XZ2 Compact

• intake

Opson, 07 Jun 2019I'vt got this phone since Dec 2013, runs now perfectly with... moreHow you put android 9? i have gps problems and i dont know what to do. i search for new phone but all are very big. i want this size ! :(

• pon

Definitely starting to show its age. No longer can keep up with modern apps and web design, very small in both physical size and storage options. It's still better than nothing.

• Opson

I'vt got this phone since Dec 2013, runs now perfectly with Custom Android 9.0 and has much better software than original Android 4.3 or even factory 5.1.1. I've got original battery, after nearly six years runs for two day :) Superb phone

Battery life for this phone is really good. It lasts about a day after hard gaming, OS tweaking and such. No problems with that.
Camera for a phone from 2013 is really good. Really clear front and back camera, no problems.
Performance.. well.. we had to get to that at some point, right?
If you're a heavy user, I advise you to NOT use the Stock ROM, keeps crashing, has got a lot of bugs, and overall no security believe me. If you're a heavy user that likes gaming, don't install too many demanding apps.
Install CM 14.1 ROM from XDA forums, you won't regret ;)
Can't compare custom and stock ROM, no doubts. If you'd like better performance with this phone, trust me.
Screen - very fine 4.5" display with 1280x720 resolution, small but overall nice.
Overall, no problems with it, hardware and software, both are great.
The only issue is the memory.

• RD Singh

Brought this smartphone in Feb 2014 and its still running like a beast as my daily driver.

What a legendary smartphone. Wonderful times. Pinnacle in smartphone history.

• Fastex

I bought my Moto G on November, 2013 and it is completely functional today. It is my main cellphone.

• bunky

Indeed I agree the best phone I used so far. 16GB purchased in 2013. Used till 2018 september surviving many hits, falls by kids, water splashes, few times was underneath water few centimeters for over 2 sec. Broke glass due to my ignorance of not replacing glass protector. It has all features and very good firm and weighted hold. Only drawback was no SD support. Its still running and im planning to repair screen and keep for backup use

• bunky