Motorola Moto G4

Motorola Moto G4

• C. Robert

g4 owner, 14 Oct 2021I have it 5years, my phone sometimes shut downs on 10-15% (... moreI am using it for more than 4 years. Now the battery has bulged and I fear that it may burst at any time. Hence I am in need of a new one

• g4 owner

I have it 5years, my phone sometimes shut downs on 10-15% (battery is dead), my volume button broke and popped out. Camera got blurry, but in all was very satisfied with it I'm buying Motorola again

• anon

Phone still works OK overall. Main problem is overheating frequently whether sitting on a desk or in a pocket. Often calls will not ring but go straight to voicemail when not in Do Not Disturb mode, but this could be a carrier issue rather than an inherent phone issue.

• Akshay rao

Over heating problem.But still working since 5 years.No new updates on software.

• Rk

Is this phone have supported jio 4g volte

Its going hot too much ovrrhitting

why did the microphone on my texting change from grey to blue and will not allow me to text like I did before it changed to blue microphone?

• Dave1979aba

Anonymous, 28 Dec 2020Compared to the Xperia, this at least has custom ROM suppor... moreTry Arrow (based on Android 9). Works well and has Moto Actions

• Guest

Anonymous, 05 Jun 2021Question is the Moto G4 a 4G device? ATT is not supporting ... moreWe had the same situation and after some digging, found out that this phone will still work on the 4G LTE network

Question is the Moto G4 a 4G device? ATT is not supporting 3G any more and I don't want to buy a new phone if what I have will be supported.

• Techsupport

Anonymous, 27 Jan 2021Don't spread misinformation. It CAN be replaced.Please ellaborate on what you mean when you decide to complain as it is very hard for the tech support team to help. :)
Thanks Connerkaine

• GUNJAN

Anonymous, 08 Nov 2020Had this thing for 3 years, it was decent at first. Took pr... moreit is the issue of sim card socket, i have the same problem with both of my sim socket, bu i found out the jugad for it instead of replacing socket wich might be costlier. "i had laminated the sim card non contact/ non connector side with sellotape(transparent plastic adhesive tape) (should be thin), this will add some extra height to the sim card which put more pressure on the lossen gold sim connectors to ensure no gap contact. now it's working fine totaly. hope it should be usefull to you also!

Anonymous, 20 Nov 2020Battery cannot be replaced so after 4 years it's done.Don't spread misinformation. It CAN be replaced.

Anonymous, 27 Dec 2020I collect old phones and this has to be one of the worst I ... moreCompared to the Xperia, this at least has custom ROM support and apart from the screen burn in (and others also have ghost touch), the issues are seemingly software related, so I may try a ROM in the future even though this will remove the Actions for starting the camera and torch.

I collect old phones and this has to be one of the worst I have.
- Display stays almost black (content only visible when pointing a flashlight at it) after not using it for a bit, only fixed by a restart
- screen burn in
- stuttery animation when swiping away the Moto info display, and sometimes it doesn‘t respond. I turned it off, even though I like this feature on the G3 and original X and others.
- slower after Oreo update, and more stuttering than Moto phones from the Google era

It‘s the first issue that makes this a horrible phone I would not want to use daily. Compared to other phones I have, the G3 had touch issues but they could be resolved by a software trick. The E2 is slow and lacks storage, but at least it‘s not acting up like the G4. The G2 doesn‘t have the Moto Actions, but it‘s reliable. The original X has bad speakers, but at least it does the job. Even the screen burn in is not as bad, even though it’s and OLED. I may still pick it over the Xperia M4 Aqua because of the better camera and more storage, but before both of these, I‘d probably just try to get something like a Galaxy S4 for cheap.

Battery cannot be replaced so after 4 years it's done.

Had this thing for 3 years, it was decent at first. Took pretty good pictures. And now it keeps powering off randomly, blocks half of my inc calls and incoming and outgoing texts are not going through sometimes. Always had SIM card problems, everytime my phone resets it claims on startup there is no SIM card when there clearly was one in there. So when my powers off randomly and I restart it, I have to take it apart and jiggle the SIM card to get it to read - this has been a problem since day 1. It is time for retirement.

Moto G4 is trash, 14 Oct 2020moto g4 has only 1/2gbram ram and it lags like anything ... morenaw

I've had this phone since late 2016. It works fine, charges quickly and hasn't given me any problems like overheating, buttons breaking etc. What's not to like? Perhaps a bit heavy?