Motorola Moto G5 Plus

Motorola Moto G5 Plus

• dancer

This has been a great phone for me the last few years. Better specs than even other newer Moto G phones. Unfortunately the Wifi antenna inside the unit stopped working so I'm getting a replacement from my phone carrier.

• AlexMark

Are there any other modifications of that phone? I own US Moto g5plus and my ROM is 32gB and RAM is only 2Gb. That is why I am looking for a replacement and found that specs are unreal.

I have owned my MotoG5Plus for a couple of years and am thrilled with its performance, bettery life and overall utility. I can hardly believe i bought this unlocked phone for a little over $200. most of my savvy friends have spend three, four or five times as much for their phones, but I dont understand why. My only problem is going to be what phone to buy next.

i dont think i can get the plus version of the motoG7, so i am still looking for my next phone. in the meantime, i am still very happy with my G5 Plus, and am not in a big hurry to upgrade.

Overall decent phone, some annoying aspects.
The speaker is VERY quiet--I've had to turn on speakerphone and hold it to my ear in crowds sometimes.
Due to the water resistant seal, it's expensive to repair. $85 to repair my power button which now does not work.
Android updates to the phone happen roughly a year after their release date.

very poor service in kerala

• GSK

Anonymous, 15 Jun 2019I recieved Feb security patch today.Same day I'm also received Feb 2019 security patch.

popo, 13 Jun 2019recieved 1 feb patch today indiaI recieved Feb security patch today.

• popo

the biggest drawback is that the lock screen clock still does not change colour as per the background

popo, 13 Jun 2019recieved 1 feb patch today indiaEven i received it

• popo

recieved 1 feb patch today
india

• Moto

Received February security patch with WiFi and hotspot fix.

• Moto Updates&#12

According to Motorola US and Indian official websites
This product will no longer receive security updates.
This device will remain on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
Really disappointed with the update policy of Motorola!

• Carmanen

Still no February patch in Finland! This is probably the last update for this phone but wtf Lenovo/Motorola?! It's almost May already!

• Luckydude

Moto g4 got 8.1. We deserve 9.0 please..... One and a half years after release and we were out of the update line..... Not fair

• mtaz

also received the february patch. from Bangladesh

• me

Thx guys waz about to buy one

• mopi

its officially confirmed on moto website that this device will no longer recieve any security updates also
when did u get feb patch ?

• Carmanen

Anonymous, 28 Mar 2019Mine is on Oreo 8.1 with the Februrary 2019 security update.Where are you from and when did you get this newest update?

suresh, 27 Mar 2019it seems software support for this model comes to an end. last s... moreMine is on Oreo 8.1 with the Februrary 2019 security update.

• Carmanen

suresh, 27 Mar 2019it seems software support for this model comes to an end. last s... moreYou are probably right but it may still get one security update, maybe Feb or March :)