Motorola Moto G72 review
"For a high resolution display smartphone and best sound quality phone, choose Moto G72", Motorola's European landing page reads, while in India, you would be getting one "for all the colors of your life".
Indeed, the Moto G72's display is one of its key selling points - a 6.6" 120Hz OLED with support for a billion colors, and it's 1080p, hence the 'high resolution'. As for sound, you do get stereo speakers, a headphone jack, and an FM radio, so there's potential on that front too.
There's one standout number in the spec sheet, and that's in the weight field - at just 166g, the Moto G72 is remarkably light, and that's while still packing a 5,000mAh battery. Motorola promises over 2 days of battery life (according to their lab tests), and we can see that being true, particularly with the relatively unassuming Mediatek Helio G99 chipset, which is missing 5G capability.
In the camera department, we're looking at a 2+1 rear setup with a 108MP headliner, 8MP ultrawide and a 2MP macro, while selfies are taken care of by a 16MP punch hole unit - a solid midrange configuration by the looks of it. What you'll be missing is 4K video recording, but that's been the new normal lately in these budget-conscious devices.
Motorola Moto G72 specs at a glance:
- Body: 160.5x74.4x7.9mm, 166g; water-repellent design.
- Display: 6.6" P-OLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, 1080x2400px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 410ppi.
- Chipset: MediaTek MT8781 Helio G99 (6nm): Octa-core (2x2.2 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6x2.0 GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G57 MC2.
- Memory: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM; microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot).
- OS/Software: Android 12, planned upgrade to Android 13.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 108 MP, f/1.7, 0.64µm, PDAF; Ultra wide angle: 8 MP, f/2.2, 118˚, 1.12µm; Macro: 2 MP, f/2.4.
- Front camera: 16 MP, f/2.5, (wide), 1.0µm.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 1080p@30/60fps; Front camera: 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 5000mAh; 33W wired.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (under display, optical); NFC; FM radio; 3.5mm jack; stereo speakers.
Motorola Moto G72 unboxing
The Moto G72 ships in the same navy box as all recent G-series Motos - the recycled brown boxes are reserved for the Edge series. The contents are more or less standard.
The phone arrives already in a transparent soft silicone case - hardly fancy, but functional nonetheless. Underneath, you'll find the 33W TurboPower adapter and a USB-A-to-C cable for charging and data transfer.
- 18 Jul 2023
This page is irrelevant,moto G72 is a solid phone,whit great display, battery,very light,solid cameras for 220e you can't go wrong... maybe the best low mid range phone...
- Motorola G72
- 03 Jul 2023
Very poor & 3rd class service provider . Even company diffect foun but they charged during warranty period .
- 06 Jun 2023
I disagree Depends on your expectations. Samsung will give you 5G. The phone is rather ugly (personally I hate the design os of the A series , they all look like a cheap copy of the S series... 0 personality) Moto will give you a better sc...