Motorola Moto G Pro

Motorola Moto G Pro

Anonymous, 19 Jan 2021How is it audio quality from 3.5mm jack? GSM arena praised ... moreAudio quality over 3,5mm jack is fantastic! I posted that G Pro has 2x Cirrus Logic CS35L41 audio amplifier. I tried 80 ohm headphones (don't have access to higher impendance one) and phone easily drived them which is logical because of CS35L41.

Nick, 19 Jan 2021Try Camator app from google play , find gcam for G8 plus a... moreSome guy posted GCam in proper xda thread: Gcam (Google camera) mod.
Some other guy posted Wichaya port with proper xml in the same thread and I can confirm it's working great.

• Thomas

PiCosm, 29 Jan 2021I just bought one here in UK from Argos. It fails to beep o... moreUse the warranty about this or use any return policy from Argos store.

• PiCosm

Dino, 28 Jan 2021NFC working for me ,device sold in Spain market.May affect ... moreI just bought one here in UK from Argos. It fails to beep or connect with any of my NFC devices, inc Sony Bluetooth headphones. And no NFC options in any settings. It just upgraded to Android 11 btw. Looks like Argos are selling the American model or it's a bug. I need NFC for shopping with Google Pay. I guess I will have to contact Moto to find out what's going on. Thanks.

• Dino

PiCosm, 27 Jan 2021I have read on Amazon that in the UK now, since a software ... moreNFC working for me ,device sold in Spain market.May affect some batches under guarantee too. .If it's software problem ,i think will be fix soon ,don't forget this is Android one device. But also take note that ,in generally all Motorola phones are selectable for many connection.So always need try again more closer ,no cases ,clean surfaces etc

• PiCosm

I have read on Amazon that in the UK now, since a software upgrade from Motorola/Lenovo, the NFC has stopped working on this phone. Can anyone here validate this?

• Thomas

If sold in many market ,this device maybe best Motorola for 2020

• sting

Anonymous, 19 Jan 2021How is it audio quality from 3.5mm jack? GSM arena praised ... more@ Nick... GCamator the app ...Also try app 'Manual Camera DSLR Camera' for night shot

@ Anonymous ..not very loud but clear from 3.5mm jack

• Nick

xcv, 14 Jan 2021All right, I bought G Pro to replace my 2,5 years old but s... moreTry Camator app from google play , find gcam for G8 plus android 10 is about 250mb installed. There is Nightsight as nightvision fuction included .Better result than open camera's dpo .Best night shot ever seen in motorola devices .Original camera app is crap ,but include action camera for video.

xcv, 14 Jan 2021All right, I bought G Pro to replace my 2,5 years old but s... moreHow is it audio quality from 3.5mm jack? GSM arena praised output from G8 Plus and Power. Is Hi Res audio working?

All right, I bought G Pro to replace my 2,5 years old but still fully functional Z2 Play.
Model is XT2043-7 (Europe). Payed 220 € here in Serbia at official Motorola retailer.
Here is my quick review.

Hardware
G Pro has magnetic sensor (compas). Yes, that‘s right. Why Motorola doesn‘t advertise it, no idea… Model is MMC5603 mady by MEMSIC.
Display is actually both HDR10 & HLG certified but Motorola doesn‘t advertise it, again. Makes no sense as display is only sRGB, and even in Saturated mode, it‘s far cry from DCI-P3 colour space.
Model has 2x Cirrus Logic CS35L41 audio amplifier because it has stereo Dolby Atmos speakers.
The main camera is Samsung ISOCELL GM1 – the other 3 (action, macro, front) are made by Omnivision.

Software
I didn‘t try video recording but for the photos Motorola Camera app is meh. It‘s only satisfactory in the good sunlight and with HDR on.
Solution – install Open Camera (the best camera app, and is FOSS, too) and in Settings activate Camera2 API. Use HDR always, and DRO when you have moving part(s) in the scene. Photos are way too better. Really big difference in quality.
Also, activate Developer options, and enter in. At the end there is Theming. This is actually part of Moto app for Motorolas‘ Android 10 devices but for some unknown reason, it‘s left out for G Pro.

Dino, 29 Dec 2020Bought it by Christmas offer ,spain market..Compass ,radio ... moreI confirm this. It has compass, and there are regular security updates every month.

• Tom

Alex, 24 Sep 2020Can you please clarify - is that 4G/4G dual SIM model or 4G... moreIt's a dual 4G LTE phone

• Dino

Bought it by Christmas offer ,spain market..Compass ,radio included .Mentioned glass protection as Dragon or similar.In use is very smooth also in heavy games . Android one ,security updates for every month till now ..

• Nick

xcv, 18 Dec 2020Stylus has separate page on GSMArena as G Pro (EU) and Styl... moreYou wrote about that

Nick, 09 Dec 2020These valid for US models sold as Moto Stylus .Stylus has separate page on GSMArena as G Pro (EU) and Stylus (US) have some differences (Stylus is inferior) so don't post info about Stylus as is irrelevant.

• Nick

xcv, 09 Dec 2020This is wrong info. I already posted values directly from M... moreThese valid for US models sold as Moto Stylus .

xcv, 09 Dec 2020This is wrong info. I already posted values directly from M... moreMotorola support site talking about US value sar ,EU models are different

kim, 13 Nov 2020EU : 0.900 W/Kg head / body 1.720 W/Kg info by kimovilThis is wrong info. I already posted values directly from Motorola support site:
Head SAR 1,53 W/kg
Body-worn SAR 1,58 W/kg

• gary

Nick, 26 Nov 2020Someone said as Panda glassFAQ somewhere wrote, as unknown version gorilla glass EU models