Motorola Moto G Stylus 5G (2022)

Motorola Moto G Stylus 5G (2022)

• Iby
  • 25 Sep 2022

I tried to get rid of the nightmare but my phone company T-MOBILE says I'm stuck with it because the plan I'm on 18 more months of 4g network oh I thought it was a 5g phone

• 4b7
    • 19 Sep 2022

Bell, 17 Sep 2022There two separate versions from what I can tell.For the Moto g stylus 5g 2022 there are 2 versions. For the non 5g. 1

• B
      • Bell
      • YHJ
      • 17 Sep 2022

Anonymous, 14 Sep 2022Was not happy with this phone, I had the 2021 moto 5 g styl... moreThere two separate versions from what I can tell.

Just wondering if it can also receive FM radio like the Moto G Pro?
        Yes it does quit FM if you get a call.
        Probably will get one when 4G gets dropped.
        As for the other functions? meh
        I need 27" screen. That is what PCs are for. 4K resolution on anything smaller makes no sense.
        Recording yes. If you have 256Gb to store it.

• rU2
          • 14 Sep 2022

Was not happy with this phone, I had the 2021 moto 5 g stylus and was so lied to by cricket employee who said yes this is a 5g phone.
          Paid cash for it and now I tried to redeem Google play cards on it and I keep getting messages from Google card is invalid.
          Going to get rid of this phone as soon as possible.
          Worst phone I ever bought.
          So unhappy with this phone purchase.

• k
            • krylos3
            • IbI
            • 28 Aug 2022

Moto G stylus 5G 2022
            I'm tied to 3.5mm jack and SD card addiction, so my choices were extremely limited.
            I paid $300 outright to own the phone but still 45 day lock to T-mobile. Noticed the next day it's on sale at Motorola.Com for $200 a much more appropriate price for this phone.
            I'll compare to my similarly priced and spec'd 2019 Xiaomi 10T lite.
            Stylus 5G is a beautiful shimmery blue phone which I will swiftly cover completely with a bulky, gaudy bright purple impact resistant cover which I ordered immediately from Amazon along with screen protection. I know it's crazy, but I don't buy phones for the color of the case.
            First thing I did, was set refresh to 60 hz to save battery.
            2nd thing, I disabled dynamic brightness because it was so dim in a darkened room, I couldn't even read the screen!

Noticeable differences include :
            -Xioami screen is significantly better more on that later.
            -Xioami has 2 speakers. Not stereo, just 2 speakers. Stylus has only 1 but it's ok.
            - Bluetooth at full volume is only about 85% as loud as the Xiaomi.
            - Xiaomi has Gorilla glass. Time will tell.
            - Unfortunately Xiaomi Intl phone doesn't support all of the US 5G bands.
            ---
            When the associate handed the phone over, it had 34% battery and
            120hz screen, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Hotspot and GPS (location) were all ENABLED!
            I turned all of that OFF right away. I only enable those battery killing features when I need them!

It took Stylus 5G over 2 yrs to almost catch up to Xiaomi 10T lite specs!!
            Screen is the BIGGEST disappointment on this phone. Especially since they've had well over 2 yrs to catch up with the 10T Lite.
            On the 10T I used 50% brightness at night or inside and 75 - 85% outside which conserves battery.
            But the Moto screen is so dim I have to keep it on 75% at night and 100% in any bright light, thus gouging battery life. And the Moto Stylus contrast is still disappointing. So that's one of the 2 main issues with this phone. I can now understand why people complain about battery life with a 5000mah batt that won't last a day.
            - the 2nd major problem is how slow this phone is. With THESE specs, unless Android 12 is a bigger dog than Android 10, this phone should just fly!!
            So, I'm searching around to disable ANY processes that I don't need. In theory, Something on this phone must be CAUSING the slowness!
            I never had a delay opening apps on the 10T lite with slightly worse specs.
            Update : FYI, I have started running the phone in battery saver ALL the time. I don't play games or stream video. I like dark mode anyway. I have not noticed any difference in performance at all, except for the camera app complaining. Doubled the battery life tho.
            Phone does seem faster after few weeks of use. It may have cached frequently used apps or something??
            The Purchase Process was extremely confusing! There are currently FOUR version of the Moto G Stylus readily available!!
            Be careful or you'll not get what you are expecting.
            I almost ended up with a promo on a Stylus 2022...which DOES NOT have 5G!
            I bounced between Cricket and Tmobile before staying with Tmobile because Cricket's 3 versions of the Stylus did not include "5G" 2022 model. No stock.
            I was switching from a beloved Xiaomi 10T lite 5G, that I'll save for my Intl travels, but it became unreliable with internet, as towers deactivated 3G and 4G.
            But most foreign countries I visit are far from being on 5G. (In fact many other countries are buying used USA 4G tech so they can finally upgrade to 4G!)
            I may yet try to switch to Cricket or ATT after the req'd 45 day lock up period. Time will tell.

• 4}4
              • 24 Aug 2022

Just bought one from Google Fi. Unfortunately, it is 4 +128, modelXT2215-4. I wouldn't buy if I knew it

• S
                • SumGuy954
                • k3P
                • 05 Aug 2022

I just got this phone a week or so ago. I tried to love I really did. I had a previous phone with similar specs. I don't think this phone has the specs it claims. It is really slow compared to my WP10. The battery runs down very fast. I am pretty sure one of these phones is lying about their specs. On paper this phone is supposedly better than my last phone but it is barely usable in comparison.

• 78e
                  • 26 Jul 2022

So my Google Pixel 3 died and I needed to replace it ASAP. I am a pretty average phone user. Light social media - some texting - some phone calls. I have had this phone for about a week now and I have been very happy with it. The battery life is better than my Pixel 3 was new. I am enjoying the larger screen size. I don't notice any performance issues. I paid $300 USD for the phone through my carrier. I don't really care about the stylus. I will say the build in speaker on my Pixel 3 was better, but I usually use a headset or bluetooth anyways. Since people ask, mine did come with the FM radio. I am aware of the limited updates from Motorola, but I doubt that I would keep this phone for more than 2 years. So for me - good bang for the buck and so far no complaints or buyers remorse.

• 20 Jul 2022

Anonymous, 11 Jul 20222021: Comes only in Cosmic Emerald color and with these net... moreI confirm that the XT2215-4 variant (the Super SKU) has FM radio indeed! This phone is very similar to the Motorola Edge 2020 (XT2063-2). In my opinion, the Stylus 5G (2022) is an upgrade of the Edge (2020) in some areas while downgrade in others in order to keep it at the same price point. By the way, the Edge (2020) is currently selling for $299 on the Motorola USA website, which is aprx. $50 cheaper than then the Stylus 5G (2022). Here are the key differences between the two:

__ Motorola Edge (2020) XT2063-2 __
                    --Negative:
                    Maximum Operating System level: Android 11
                    Security updates ended in: May 2022 (and yes, Motorola is still selling this device as of July 2022 brand new on their website! Can you believe the nerve! You buy a new device directly from the manufacturer without any future support! Shame on Motorola!)
                    RAM: 6GB
                    ROM: 256GB
                    Battery: Li-Po 4500 mAh
                    NETWORK BANDS:
                    5G: 2/5/12/25/41/41(HPUE)/66/71
                    4G: LTE band 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/13/17/20/25/26/38/39/40/41/41(HPUE)/66/71
                    3G: UMTS band 1/2/4/5/8 | 3G: CDMA band bc0/bc1/bc10 (NOTE: supports CDMA, which actually a positive)
                    --Positive:
                    PROCESSOR: Qualcomm SM7250 Snapdragon 765G 5G (7 nm)
                    GPU: Adreno 620
                    MAIN CAMERA: 64 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/1.72", 0.8µm, PDAF
                    8 MP, f/2.4, 52mm (telephoto), 1.12µm, 2x optical zoom, PDAF
                    16 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1.0µm TOF 3D, (depth)
                    Video: 4K@30fps
                    SELFIE CAMERA: 25 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 0.9µm
                    SPEAKERS: stereo
                    CHARGER: TurboPower™ 18W
                    DISPLAY: OLED
                    BODY: 6000 series aluminum | Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5 (front) | Plastic (rear)

__ Moto G Stylus 5G (2022) XT2215-4 (Super SKU) __
                    --Negative:
                    PROCESSOR: Qualcomm SM6375 Snapdragon 695 5G (6 nm)
                    GPU: 619
                    ROM: 256GB internal + 256GB Sd Card (pre-installed) = 512GB total
                    Battery: Li-Po 5000 mAh
                    NETWORK BANDS:
                    5G: N1/2/5/12/14/24/26/29/30/41/48/66/70/71/77/78
                    4G: LTE band 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/13/17/18/19/20/25/26/28/29/30/38/39/40/41/48/66/71
                    3G: B1/2/4/5/8 (NOTE: No CDMA support, which is actually a negative!)

• 11 Jul 2022

z, 24 May 2022i dont even see the difference between the 2021 one and the... more2021: Comes only in Cosmic Emerald color and with these network bands:
                      5G: 2/5/25/26/41/66/71/77/78
                      4G: 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/13/14/17/18/19/20/25/26/29/30/38/39/40/41/48/66/71
                      3G: 1/2/4/5/8
                      Possibly it's the only G Stylus 5G with an FM radio

2022: Comes in "Steel Blue" and "Seafoam Green" and with these network bands on the "Super SKU" model (XT2215-2):
                      5G: N1/2/5/12/14/24/26/29/30/41/48/66/70/71/77/78
                      3G: B1/2/4/5/8
                      2G: GSM band 2/3/5/8
                      Possibly no FM Radio on the XT2215-2 (CAN SOMEONE PLESE CONFIRM THIS?)
                      Comes with an extra 256gb SD card included in the phone; therefore ttl ROM is 512gb

• 11 Jul 2022

Does the XT2215-2 variant (the Super SKU) come with an FM radio?

• B
                          • BigDaddy
                          • xD}
                          • 21 Jun 2022

I hope GSMarena reviews the cameras on this phone (5g Snapdragon version). I have been using G series for almost 10 years and recently switched to Samsung A52 5g. 2 issues have bothered me about Moto phones in general, one 1 android update only and horrible night camera performance on all my previous Moto phones.
                          The A52 is a good spec phone but it is destroyed by the Samsung UI. I really prefer stock android instead of the Samsung UI. The 750g chip seems laggy at times with the Samsung interface. I switched because of the guaranteed 3 yr OS and 5 yr security updates.

Nice phone. Technical quality seems excellent to me: it has everything I need. But availability in Europe is difficult and accessories -especially covers and cases - seem pretty hard to get as well. That lack of additional support thus degrades the overall quality, making it a doubtful choice for me. Pity.

• Cnow me
                              • ImJ
                              • 09 Jun 2022

Is this phone worth it for free??

• CEJAY
                                • X9m
                                • 26 May 2022

my first Motorola smart phone. i got it from Motorola web just $250 plus tax.

• z
                                  • z
                                  • cNP
                                  • 24 May 2022

i dont even see the difference between the 2021 one and the 2022 one. 2021 one works just fine, slightly weaker spec but its also 20x cheaper, especially during carrier's special events (i got mine during a phone switchover event at boost)
                                  best is 120hz screen, but i dont think that really matters.

• 5Mb
                                    • 12 May 2022

The basic specs should include how many OS upgrades are promised and how many years of security updates. That matters!

• N
                                      • Najuu aka cr
                                      • EJP
                                      • 30 Apr 2022

Tap on a clip to paste it in the text box.

• W
                                        • Wereweeb
                                        • J@h
                                        • 30 Apr 2022

They design an all-around decent phone and then charge double what it's worth because of the inclusion of stylus support. That's Motorola for you.