Motorola Moto Z2 Play

Motorola Moto Z2 Play

Anonymous, 15 Jan 2021No update to Android 9 or later for this one. Other than th... moreYou can manually update it to Android 9: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/download-z2-play-pie-ota.3977367/ (Motorola originally published this update for Brazilian and Mexican users only, but it works flawlessly on my EU version.)

No update to Android 9 or later for this one. Other than that, this works great. Mine is 3yr old and still works great! Handles conferences, calls, chats, video and everything else just great.

Just A Boring Guy, 01 Mar 2020there's a release already, go to xda Z2 play xda forum ther... moreI love very thing about this phone but the only problem is when you use head set and you had a call it is hardly to see who is calling you unless you have ear pic inside before you can see who is calling... can you do something about it

• UK user

Can people please confirm what version of official Android you have on your phone in the UK? Have people received the update to Android 9?

• lastace

had this phone for more than 3 years works great best speakers thinking of getting new phone but don't think new ones compare mind you I paid over 800.00 for it but it was worth it .

• greg

i had this phone for 3 + years. Not one problem. everything works. still a great phone

Nikola, 22 Oct 2020It was awesome phone first and half of second year and i lo... moreSimilar things happened to me.

• Nikola

It was awesome phone first and half of second year and i loved it, but after that everything went wrong, battery, fast charging (doesnt exist anymore), flash light (dont work every time or work only one of two lights , probems with camera (closing itself 3sec after after switching on), Phone shuting itself down on 0-70% battery random on every little more "complex" action like recording for instagram, after that it took 10 minutes to turn it on , and after turning on he have 30% less battery and go again off when doing someting "complex"
Even going back to the factory settings and deleting all data from phone didn’t help
I still using this phone and I DO NOT recommend it.

In my gallery I really enjoyed....light, color and pop!!! It changed the other day to enhance, warm and cool.....YUCK I HATE THE CHANGE!

• Thomas

For long i have been a fan of Motorola, as there phones were quite sturdy. Unfortunately, it seems the quality went down since they are part of Lenovo, don't know if it is a coincidence. My super charger failed after 1,5 year, and last week, 2,5 years since i purchased it, the phone usb had a short circuit. Luckily i was there and notified by the smell of burning, otherwise who knows what could have happened. Battery damaged, USB port damaged. It's time for a new, updated, phone, and i won't go for Motorola this time.

Perhaps the best Android I have used. Bought it in exchange for Sony Xperia Z2, which croaked on me after 1 year. Never intended to use the Mods, but battery life blew me away. Easily lasted 2 plus days on it and went almost 3 days once.

unfortunately, the battery was fauly and swelled and burnt the shit out of the phone, so sold it for 3K fo scrap. Moved onto iPhone.

• AP

Eoo, 24 Aug 2020Euros (in a flash sale), the camera is poor but does it job... moreProbably the best phone from renewed Motorola brand. Too bad Motorola hasn't made any decent phone ever since. It's been 3 years and no worthy successor of this phone is available. I also think it's time to say farewell to Motorola.

• Raaj.

When ll . Android 9 pie update come in indian version ?? Anyone suggest ? Please

Eoo, 24 Aug 2020Time for my review, after using this for 2.5 years now I ca... moreEuros (in a flash sale), the camera is poor but does it job just fine but I think I am going to be switching soon, farewell baby, and probably also farewell Motorola

Time for my review, after using this for 2.5 years now I can finally say... The screen is still amazing it still does it job just fine with the lower end Snapdragon CPU. And storage is well enough, I added a simple Samsung sd card (now I have 128gb). Now oh boy there are some negatives this phone is not worth anything above 160$ rn, the battery is so bad (but that's just because I might have over used it) and moto mods are dumb, I got this phone for 169

The Guy Leaving Moto, 08 Jul 2020After 2 years of having this phone, I have to plug it up to... moreReplace ur battery

• The Guy Leaving Moto

After 2 years of having this phone, I have to plug it up to use it at all. For example right now it is charging/ staying at the same charge. Sometimes it will hit 70% battery and die. I am happy to report that I'm getting the new iPhone SE though.

After two years I have some battery drain problems (especialy in instagram, tik tok etc) But I still love it. I would buy it again, I have 3 moto mods, projector, jbl and gamepad. Projector is marvelous!

• KevinH

The wife and I have both been using one of the predecessors of the Z2 Play, the Z Force XT-1650, and we're extremely pleased with both of them. We've had the pair over 2 years now and they have been troublefree. Last fall I trashed mine when I attempted a battery replacement without all the right equipment and ended up with a destroyed screen to go with the fried battery. That all being said, I've been shopping around for a replacement or possibly an upgraded version of the Moto line, and happened across a used Z2 Play 32GB at a local shop for $149 so I decided to see what I can learn about this model. Other than the complaints about the shortened battery life due to the 3000 mAh in comparison to the 3500 mAh in the Z Force, I think my replacement will be one of the 64GB Z2, providing that I can find a nice one in my price range.

LYRICS BLACK, 28 Feb 2020I have not received Android 9 pie yet why Moto sometime the... moreThere's already a release bro(Brazilian/Indian and Mexican), it's just u need to do it manually, go to xda moto z2 play forum, download the OTA file there and it has easy to follow instructions

I downloaded the Brazilian/Indian one with build number PPS29.133-30 its has September 2019 security patch, im using the XT1017-09 model and its working fine